Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 05:47 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times

Advertisements

If I'm not mistaken, the last successful new party was the GOP, formed about 160 years ago. Zip since then. Perot's 'Reform' party made some noise in 1992, but ultimately fizzled.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:02 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times
Your average mouth-breather lemming only believes there are two choices. The two-party establishment duopoly will use the corporate-owned media to marginalize and demonize any new "competition." Lots of mouth-breathers out there these days too. Good luck!

Old 05-06-2019, 06:25 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
That combines elements of the right and left?

Pro 2nd amendment
Pro life
Local/state control of education
Universal healthcare
Paid maternity leave
Actually making companies PAY the taxes they owe not allowing them all these loopholes etc
Pro free speech no matter the topic
Education k-college that doesn't cost us anything. Somehow we manage to pay teachers in k-12 without having to pay for our kids education but as soon as college comes all of sudden you need to go into debt to achieve that. Part of that is getting government backed loans taken away,this makes the colleges raise prices because they know government will pay for it all in some way.

This isn't an insane task is it!? I can't be the only one who wants this? Can I?
There is a lot of parties out there. Several would fit a lot of what you're looking for above. Most Americans are squarely in the middle on a lot of issues anyways, but that's lost in the fray as the two dominant parties are tearing apart at the seams.

I personally, if I were to put myself in a box, would say that I lean Libertarian. There are many "liberal" policies that I'm for as well as long as we replace stupid spending with smart spending. I'm ok with abortions as long as the baby isn't old enough to fight back. I'm for legalization of pot. I'm for legal immigration and a tough stance at our borders. I don't really like sending trillions in aid to other countries, but sometimes you gotta try bribing other people to behave, I get that. I wouldn't mind Universal Health Care, I would replace Medicade and Medicare coffers and would also want a option to go to a private provider if I so choose.

There's many issues where Joe Public would agree to help their fellow Americans on if given the chance to do so, we need to re=work our elected officials though, hold them accountable and fire the ones that can't get anything done and are generating the hatred you see right now in politics.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:31 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:

Pro 2nd amendment
Pro life
Universal healthcare
Paid maternity leave
Actually making companies PAY the taxes they owe not allowing them all these loopholes etc
Education k-college that doesn't cost us anything. Somehow we manage to pay teachers in k-12 without having to pay for our kids education but as soon as college comes all of sudden you need to go into debt to achieve that. Part of that is getting government backed loans taken away,this makes the colleges raise prices because they know government will pay for it all in some way.

This isn't an insane task is it!? I can't be the only one who wants this? Can I?
Probably not. Lost me at number 2, anti-choice. A woman’s body is her own to make choices regarding. Government shouldn’t be involved.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:22 AM

623 posts, read 233,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Probably not. Lost me at number 2, anti-choice. A woman’s body is her own to make choices regarding. Government shouldn’t be involved.
Its not her body,its the babies body. It has a beating heart and stopping that is murder.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:25 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
And the previous two posts get to the heart of way a new party isn't possible. Most of the disaffected outsiders cling to one absolute or another, which they seek to impose upon all of us, through access to the monopoly on the use of force embodied in the nation/state.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:28 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Why make a new party when you can easily oppose the current ruling powers on the individual level with exactly no assistance from anyone?

Voting is an act of violence where you join the side of one of two major parties and give them sanction/demand/beg them to do violence to your fellow person on your behalf. If you create a new party, it is more of the same, just under a new war banner.

If you want to truly oppose them, stop participating in their rigged game of violence. Just stop. Your consent/sanction/participation is something you give freely. They cannot take it. Stop giving it to them.

Do that, and you are now your own person, operating in opposition to them all, without need for anyone else to change with you.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:02 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
its a baby not a tumor

Old 05-06-2019, 09:47 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:

Pro 2nd amendment
Pro life
Universal healthcare
Paid maternity leave

Don't er have enough parties NOW?

"Minor American partiesEdit

There are several minor parties in the United States. None of them has ever had any seats in the United States Congress.
https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._United_States

Old 05-06-2019, 10:03 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Common sense would put political theater out of business.

In any case, the US electoral system militates against it.

But even in countries with a proportional representation system, political theater trumps common sense most of the time anyway.

Bread and circus for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies