Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 04:18 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times

Advertisements

You know the meme where Batman is slapping Robin, supposedly to put some sense into his head?

I never really paid attention to that, realized what it meant till the other day when it was used on me, if indirectly.

The thing is, if someone is physically aggressive to me, even if just a slap, they are risking a full weapons release or at the very least, a broken arm, dislocated shoulder (half nelson response) or a broken nose (block-strike).

When did we start putting the thought into people's minds that they could be physically aggressive against another's space without it promoting a response ESPECIALLY when the another does not know what is in the first striker's mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 04:22 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Let Joe Biden know would ya.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:15 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
No one is actually slapping someone.

Get your panties out of a bunch.

But I am a bit concerned with your mental health if you feel the need to bring out weapons for a supposed slight.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:18 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
The slap was normalized by Jethro Gibbs of NCIS, also known as the Gibbs slap. Not saying it's OK to do, just pointing out when and how it happened.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:22 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
The slap was normalized by Jethro Gibbs of NCIS, also known as the Gibbs slap. Not saying it's OK to do, just pointing out when and how it happened.
Hmmmm, I was wondering about that......when I saw the female lead on L&O:SVU do a head slap on a prisoner, if people would take it that in reality, it was okay to assault a prisoner. I don't watch the show on my own, AT ALL, so to me, she is just the female lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
No one is actually slapping someone.

Get your panties out of a bunch.

But I am a bit concerned with your mental health if you feel the need to bring out weapons for a supposed slight.
Well, A, B, and C.

A: I wonder about others actually slapping another......when I see posts about it being okay to punch a Nazi any time. The latter is not on my greeting card list but like anyone else in America, they do have the right to assemble and speak.

B: The weapons here are hand to hand, unarmed.

C: As I said in post 1, the striker knows it is a slight ......... but the victim is not a mind reader.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:18 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
You know the meme where Batman is slapping Robin, supposedly to put some sense into his head?

I never really paid attention to that, realized what it meant till the other day when it was used on me, if indirectly.

The thing is, if someone is physically aggressive to me, even if just a slap, they are risking a full weapons release or at the very least, a broken arm, dislocated shoulder (half nelson response) or a broken nose (block-strike).

When did we start putting the thought into people's minds that they could be physically aggressive against another's space without it promoting a response ESPECIALLY when the another does not know what is in the first striker's mind?

This is another indirect attack on masculinity...............
The question is when and why did reaction and response change?

Old 05-03-2019, 06:24 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Since November 8th, 2016

Old 05-03-2019, 06:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Slap me and the wrath of hell will be visited on you.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:32 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:

"When did we start putting the thought into people's minds...."

Are you too young to remember, "Sometimes you have to smack an ass upside the head with a 2 x 4 to get his attention?"

Been around since before cars were "invented".

Old 05-03-2019, 06:35 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Quote:
Hmmmm, I was wondering about that......when I saw the female lead on L&O:SVU do a head slap on a prisoner, if people would take it that in reality, it was okay to assault a prisoner. I don't watch the show on my own, AT ALL, so to me, she is just the female lead.

Well, A, B, and C.

A: I wonder about others actually slapping another......when I see posts about it being okay to punch a Nazi any time. The latter is not on my greeting card list but like anyone else in America, they do have the right to assemble and speak.

B: The weapons here are hand to hand, unarmed.

C: As I said in post 1, the striker knows it is a slight ......... but the victim is not a mind reader.
"The slap was normalized by Jethro Gibbs of NCIS," Not even CLOSE!

Did you ever watch The 3 Stooges or Laurel and Hardy, Abbot and Costello?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies