Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2019, 07:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,676,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Tomato, tomahto. That’s the substance of your argument on Dr. Crislip’s opinion. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Per the CDC update this morning: Measles cases for 2019 are now up to 764. Measles have been reported in 23 states and outbreaks are up to 9.

Good to know that you can’t admit when you’re wrong. How many have died so far from the measles this year in the US?

Old 05-06-2019, 08:09 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,767,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Good to know that you can’t admit when you’re wrong. How many have died so far from the measles this year in the US?
None thanks to modern medical intervention like hospitalization. 66 people have been hospitalized as of last week for measles, 24 of them with pneumonia. A third of those hospitalized were young children.

Not that modern medicine can save everyone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...-15-years/amp/

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...france-in-2019

https://www.vaccinestoday.eu/stories...s-hit-hardest/

As measles cases and outbreaks continue to climb, it’s just a matter of time until someone does die in the US. I just hope it’s not an infant too young to be vaccinated. You should too. You and other anti vaxxers aren’t prepared for the s**t storm headed your way if that happens.

Only a small percent of parents who don’t vaccinate are militantly anti vax. The rest are playing the odds. They’ve heard vaccines have side effects (they do but in very very rare cases) and they don’t perceive a disease like measles to be a threat to their kids (even though it is and far far more of one than the vaccine).

With every measles outbreak, that dynamic is changing and these types will hustle off to the doctor post haste when measles comes close to home. The death of one child will thin the anti vax ranks better than all the scientific proof that vaccines are safer than the diseases they prevent.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 05-06-2019 at 08:30 AM..

Old 05-06-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
None thanks to modern medical intervention like hospitalization. Not that modern medicine can save everyone.

Your first link shows the picture of the baby where the news got caught photoshopping measles onto the baby. Weird huh?

Old 05-06-2019, 08:35 AM

10,198 posts, read 6,274,942 times
Quote:
Your first link shows the picture of the baby where the news got caught photoshopping measles onto the baby. Weird huh?
I was going to post the pix my daughter sent me of her friend's baby who recently caught measles. It looked nothing like that worst case photo shopped baby's picture. Unfortunately, I deleted it.

My daughters chicken pox rashes were not like each others. One was worse than the other's. Same with shingles. Husband's and SIL's was just a small patch on their backs. Daughter's was all over her face and neck. Which do you think media would show a picture of? The the worst case pictures to scare the public into selling/getting the vaccinations.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Ooooo. It’s a photo conspiracy. Nice deflection from the FACT that an 18 month old child DIED of measles and not in a third world country, but in a country with modern medicine like ours.

But, no, that could NEVER happen here. Right?

Old 05-06-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I was going to post the pix my daughter sent me of her friend's baby who recently caught measles. It looked nothing like that worst case photo shopped baby's picture. Unfortunately, I deleted it.

My daughters chicken pox rashes were not like each others. One was worse than the other's. Same with shingles. Husband's and SIL's was just a small patch on their backs. Daughter's was all over her face and neck. Which do you think media would show a picture of? The the worst case pictures to scare the public into selling/getting the vaccinations.
An 18 month old DIED. And in a hospital with all the modern medical support we enjoy in this country. Whether the picture is genuine or if someone photoshopped all the spots doesn’t change the fact that a child is dead due to a disease that could have been prevented by vaccination.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
None thanks to modern medical intervention like hospitalization. 66 people have been hospitalized as of last week for measles, 24 of them with pneumonia. A third of those hospitalized were young children.

Not that modern medicine can save everyone.

As measles cases and outbreaks continue to climb, it’s just a matter of time until someone does die in the US. I just hope it’s not an infant too young to be vaccinated. You should too. You and other anti vaxxers aren’t prepared for the s**t storm headed your way if that happens.

Only a small percent of parents who don’t vaccinate are militantly anti vax. The rest are playing the odds. They’ve heard vaccines have side effects (they do but in very very rare cases) and they don’t perceive a disease like measles to be a threat to their kids (even though it is and far far more of one than the vaccine).

With every measles outbreak, that dynamic is changing and these types will hustle off to the doctor post haste when measles comes close to home. The death of one child will thin the anti vax ranks better than all the scientific proof that vaccines are safer than the diseases they prevent.
The last person in the US to die of measles was not a child, but an adult woman in Washington who was immune compromised. This is why parents in the past wanted children to catch these diseases. Far more dangerous in adults than children, well at least in the US. None have died in the current outbreaks in the US.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Ooooo. It’s a photo conspiracy. Nice deflection from the FACT that an 18 month old child DIED of measles and not in a third world country, but in a country with modern medicine like ours.

But, no, that could NEVER happen here. Right?
People die everyday, UNC. It’s 100% true that the picture is photoshopped.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
People die everyday, UNC. It’s 100% true that the picture is photoshopped.
The discussion is people who die of measles not the overall rate of death. It’s also 100% true that an 18 month old died of measles despite modern medical intervention trying to save him.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
An 18 month old DIED. And in a hospital with all the modern medical support we enjoy in this country. Whether the picture is genuine or if someone photoshopped all the spots doesn’t change the fact that a child is dead due to a disease that could have been prevented by vaccination.
Where? Post the link. I am a bit older than you. Knew many kids growing up who had measles. Defiinitely not ALL looked like the baby's picture. None were hospitalized, or even went to doctors. I have said many, many times that I had measles when I was 6 months old. I believe the figures being quoted are 400/500 deaths out of 4 or 5 MILLION back then. 1%? You do the math on how many deaths to expect out of 700 cases, especially in children.

Sad my generation has seen far more children with measles than doctors have today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.