Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 03:52 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You're a piece of work, Rachel. You do know that if they are begging you aren't paying their welfare right? You just can't be satisfied. If they beg because they have no money, they are criticized. If they use welfare, they're criticized for spending your money. If they have low paying jobs and are getting welfare, they're criticized because they don't have high paying jobs that pay enough to support their kids. They are spending your money. But Lord forbid they don't have these kids they can't afford and opt for an abortion. And no matter what they look like, because they aren't IT professionals earning $200,000/year, they must be illegal immigrants. Got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You've got no business calling someone else "a piece of work" You seem to be enamored of illegal aliens. How many do you have living with you and are supporting?

In my local Walmart, I once came across a women who was inside the store and begging. And, yes, she was most likely an illegal alien. She came up to me, handed me a laminated 3" x 5" inch index card with block lettering claiming that she needed to feed her 3 kids. I didn't give her a cent. And before you get triggered again, I wouldn't have given her a cent even if I thought she wasn't an illegal alien.

The woman and her partner that Rachel came across were most likely scammers. There are other ways to help those who are truly in need. The following ways come to mind --- donating to food banks, soup kitchens and local charities that work with the poor.

Feel free to give illegal aliens your money. No one is stopping you.
Thanks.

What strikes me with some of these angry, hateful leftists is that they have more disdain for a middle-income taxpayer than they do for illegal aliens who flout our laws. And THIS is why Trump will win again.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:18 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Thanks.

What strikes me with some of these angry, hateful leftists is that they have more disdain for a middle-income taxpayer than they do for illegal aliens who flout our laws. And THIS is why Trump will win again.
I couldn't rep you again --- but thanks! Very well said

Old 05-03-2019, 04:19 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Thanks.

What illegal aliens? The ones Rachel says she MIGHT have seen at Walmart? She doesn't even know these people at the corner were illegal, if they were there at all. And I'm not the one constantly posting threads about evil illegal aliens because I am not the one obsessed with them. I do get annoyed at smug posters with superiority complexes.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:20 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Yup. There was a guy in front of the McDonald's who was begging for money so he could buy lunch. I told him I didn't want to give him money, but I would buy him a hamburger and Coke - and to wait there. I came out five minutes later, and he was still there, and thanked me. My "sense" was that he would have preferred cash, but he wasn't about to turn down a free meal either.
People here in AZ (especially illegals) use “I ran out of gas” and even carry around a 2gallon gas can when begging for money in parking lots. I’ve heard different versions of their stories over the years. I know it’s a scam when they’re going around begging people on their bicycles, Lol.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:21 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What illegal aliens? The ones Rachel says she MIGHT have seen at Walmart? She doesn't even know these people at the corner were illegal, if they were there at all. And I'm not the one constantly posting threads about evil illegal aliens because I am not the one obsessed with them. I do get annoyed at smug posters with superiority complexes.
What about SJWs virtual signaling? Does that annoy you too.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:23 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
A better question in this economy with two young adults is why weren't both of them walking into that Walmart and getting jobs. As for welfare its not as easy to get as many people think for healthy people. She would basically get help because of the kids and probably is. Housing as someone else said often has a many years waiting list. This particularly angers me because i have a disabled friend on very limited income who has been waiting for years. As healthy people, because they popped out kids have swamp the system.

In the end it could also easily be a con game. Years ago i lived in an area where a woman would drive around to different stores in a van with a bunch of special needs kids, she had fostered. She was using them as a way to get sympathy and get handouts from people. I wasn't surprised when i saw that she had eventually been arrested for fraud. Although at this point i can't remember the exact details of that arrest.
She probably had a great career as a Democrat politician ahead of her....

Old 05-03-2019, 04:30 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
OK, hold the snark....I honestly want to know.

This morning, as I was driving out of the Walmart parking lot (I know....I know....but I can't spend as freely as I once could, given the cost of my Obamacare premiums), I saw a young woman (mid 20s, maybe) holding up a sign that read: "I am pregnant with three other children, and have no home. Please help."

(Standing next to her was a young man, also in his 20s, who I think is probably the father of the latest child. Could also be her husband, and the father of all of them. Not sure.)

Now, here's the question: My federal and local taxes pay for big rent subsidies, Medicaid, free breakfasts and lunches at schools, food stamps for the entire family, cash payments, utilities, public transportation, and so forth. Why is this woman out begging when taxpayers are already providing all these programs?

The only thing I can think of is that she is an illegal immigrant, and her three other children were born before she came here. (This area has a lot of illegal immigrants.)
Did you have a point to make?

Old 05-03-2019, 04:36 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
OK, hold the snark....I honestly want to know.

This morning, as I was driving out of the Walmart parking lot (I know....I know....but I can't spend as freely as I once could, given the cost of my Obamacare premiums), I saw a young woman (mid 20s, maybe) holding up a sign that read: "I am pregnant with three other children, and have no home. Please help."

(Standing next to her was a young man, also in his 20s, who I think is probably the father of the latest child. Could also be her husband, and the father of all of them. Not sure.)

Now, here's the question: My federal and local taxes pay for big rent subsidies, Medicaid, free breakfasts and lunches at schools, food stamps for the entire family, cash payments, utilities, public transportation, and so forth. Why is this woman out begging when taxpayers are already providing all these programs?

The only thing I can think of is that she is an illegal immigrant, and her three other children were born before she came here. (This area has a lot of illegal immigrants.)
Maybe she got thrown off for not being able to work while pregnant, or while taking care of the three children. Maybe she exceeded the 5 year maximum life time limit. Maybe she failed one of a dozen other things meant to keep poor people from receiving benefits. As for housing, section 8 is years long wait to get it.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:39 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Maybe she got thrown off for not being able to work while pregnant, or while taking care of the three children. Maybe she exceeded the 5 year maximum life time limit. Maybe she failed one of a dozen other things meant to keep poor people from receiving benefits. As for housing, section 8 is years long wait to get it.
Daycare for 3 kids would be about $5,000 a month alone in my region.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:01 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
1. You shouldn't be paying taxes...like the rest of us. And there shouldn't be any government programs either.

2. There is no violation in natural law if you choose to beg provided that you don't commit fraud (which is a violation of natural law so redundant).

3. Finally, there's no such thing as an illegal immigrant. It's another made-up term by the fictional State.

Correct. The term is illegal alien, as opposed to an alien here legally. BTW, it's the left who have bastardized the term "immigrant."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies