Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 08:44 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
More lies from the right. He hit 5.1% in 2014. A few times actually above 4%

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/la-o...htmlstory.html
You post something from an opinion column as fact? LOL. About right.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:45 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Easily verifiable. But keep believing your right wing fake news about Obama. Do you still think he was born in Kenya too?

Old 05-04-2019, 09:10 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
the left love their fake news.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Obama said Trump's promise to bring manufacturing jobs back was an illusion. “Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do?" Obama said. "He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have?”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

President Trump found what escaped Obama and Biden for eight years: pro-growth policies of cutting taxes, deregulation, renegotiating better trade deals and getting the government out of the way of American workers.

What magic wand? Even this stupid opinion columnist doesn't answer her own question but just talks in vague, nonsensical sound bites like all the other Trump supporters. I have asked in thread after thread, "What specifically has Trump done to help the economy or anything else? You don't have an answer, because he hasn't helped. As a matter of fact, he has harmed us economically. These articles outline the bankruptcies and economic damage Trump's policies have cost us. Our fantastic economy isn't because of Trump, but in spite of him.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...-11-1027762385

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy/...trumps-tariffs

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-losses-2018-8
Who has had a manufacturing plant open up in their town that employs at least a few dozen people, since Trump's tax cuts started? None in my town. Instead, there are a few empty store fronts at strip malls. Back while Obama was president there were none. Downtown isn't doing better, either. Tax cuts have gone into buying company stock back, raise pay of top level employees, rather than opening new stores, or a new manufacturing plant.

Of course, Trump's tariffs haven't helped. PayLess Shoes will be soon be another store to close in my town.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-04-2019 at 01:39 PM..

Old 05-04-2019, 01:37 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Who has had a manufacturing plant open up in their town that employs at least a few dozen people, since Trump's tax cuts started? None in my town. Instead, there are a few empty store fronts at strip malls. Back while Obama was president there were none. Downtown isn't doing better, either. Tax cuts have gone into buying company stock back, raise pay of top level employees, rather than opening new stores, or a new manufacturing plant.
So all these jobs that have been created over the last two years are on the moon......or????

Are you suggesting it’s all a lie?

Old 05-05-2019, 06:40 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

"Will YOU care?" I DO care about clean water and air. What I do NOT care to do is NOT read from VERY left sites.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Obama said Trump's promise to bring manufacturing jobs back was an illusion. “Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do?" Obama said. "He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have?”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

President Trump found what escaped Obama and Biden for eight years: pro-growth policies of cutting taxes, deregulation, renegotiating better trade deals and getting the government out of the way of American workers.

What magic wand? Even this stupid opinion columnist doesn't answer her own question but just talks in vague, nonsensical sound bites like all the other Trump supporters. I have asked in thread after thread, "What specifically has Trump done to help the economy or anything else? You don't have an answer, because he hasn't helped. As a matter of fact, he has harmed us economically. These articles outline the bankruptcies and economic damage Trump's policies have cost us. Our fantastic economy isn't because of Trump, but in spite of him.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...-11-1027762385

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy/...trumps-tariffs

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-losses-2018-8
Obama claimed he was "going to focus like a laser on jobs" and FLOPPED.

Then he said "I an going to have VP biden focus like a laser on jobs, another FLOP!

The kept looking for all those "shovel ready jobs" they couldn't find! "I guess there wasn't as many shovel ready jobs as I though, ha-ha!"

Old 05-05-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Obama had no experience with large financial models, and neither did anyone on his staff. They were simply a bunch of Ivy League grads who thought they had all the answers.
Today's staff is made up of people with hundreds of millions of dollars of their own and a long history of heading financial institutions.
Obama's head of economic development, Alan Krueger, is a good example. Born in 1961, he worked for both Clinton and Obama and in between times was a professor at Princeton. He never actually worked in the financial area.
He committed suicide in March.

My own view of the real estate crisis is that it was created by nitwit policies coming from Dodd-Franks, and the country had to work through it. We made it in spite of congressional fumbling and partisan signing of ill advised policy and law. The very idea of forcing banks to accept "stated income" on applications is nonsensical. Even more outrageous is the idea that banks should then be punished for doing exactly as they were required to do.

I will give the tax break laws and regulation roll-back credit for where we are now.

"]Obama had no experience with large financial models, and neither did anyone on his staff."

Heck, obama NO experience in ANYTHING except being a "community organizer"!

Old 05-05-2019, 06:54 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Trump's rollback of regulations, lowering of taxes, and ability to negotiate turned out to be the economic "magic wand" that Obama could never wield. LOL. He is making president Netflix look like a fraud.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Obama had no experience with large financial models, and neither did anyone on his staff. They were simply a bunch of Ivy League grads who thought they had all the answers.
Today's staff is made up of people with hundreds of millions of dollars of their own and a long history of heading financial institutions.
Obama's head of economic development, Alan Krueger, is a good example. Born in 1961, he worked for both Clinton and Obama and in between times was a professor at Princeton. He never actually worked in the financial area.
He committed suicide in March.

My own view of the real estate crisis is that it was created by nitwit policies coming from Dodd-Franks, and the country had to work through it. We made it in spite of congressional fumbling and partisan signing of ill advised policy and law. The very idea of forcing banks to accept "stated income" on applications is nonsensical. Even more outrageous is the idea that banks should then be punished for doing exactly as they were required to do.

I will give the tax break laws and regulation roll-back credit for where we are now.

"He committed suicide in March." ANOTHER clinton former employee commits suicide? What are the odds so many who were involved with the clinton's are dead by "accidents" or "'suicides"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies