Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 05:14 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
Abortion is an issue that should be on a referendum especially in a "purple" state. I think it’s fair to say that the legislatures of states such as Alabama or New York would vote the same way as their constituents. I was shocked by Ohio. That’s a state where I think they should have a referendum.
I understand what you are saying but isn't the USA also about protecting minorities from majority's tyranny ?

A referendum would be exactly that. One only needs to look and read somes posts around here.

Old 05-17-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I just thought of how this is even more of a contradiction than I realized. None of us asked to be born and even better be born with the consequence of being pregnant no matter when/with who we have sex with. We also did not ask to have these feelings (whether it be sexual desire or obligation to have sex for whatever reason) Biology just doesn't give us a choice otherwise so termination is taking control back. It's like telling me I have a choice to not have gastritis. Just eat healthy..uh no it's not that simple.
Also when you allow women to have that choice then there is less abortions overall but see pro-lifers don't have critical thinking. If you think about it, when you make it more difficult for women to have an abortion and she is unsuccessful on getting an abortion on her own, that unwanted fetus grows up and is likely to hate life (at least at that moment) stay with a man she doesn't want has sex with him then the cycle begins all over again now she is considering abortion too.

So get your tubes tied? Still a risk of being pregnant if you don't want to but if you do want to later you're SOL. This is essentially Murphy's law.
Allow ?

Old 05-17-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I really don’t like this subject because I feel like I need a shower after debating people who think this terrible solution is an acceptable means of solving their little personal responsibility problem.

Maybe these doctors who have determined that this little human being at his or her most vulnerable stage, the stage they need their mother to PROTECT them most of all...these witch doctors tell you it’s not human yet, maybe they would like to create a human being in their lab without anything from God. Nothing from a woman or man. Just create a human being and then I will believe you.

Until they wake up.
Oh the God card. We're done, people.

Unless you specify which god you're mentioning? Because if it's the bible one, it is certainly not against abortion, the OT even specify what to do in such cases.

Old 05-17-2019, 05:28 AM

12 posts, read 4,850 times
This is just about getting white women in line.

It's just another white supremacists tactic. It is a measure to counter whites declining birth rates. This is not our cause really. Blk women don’t stand with these women, just sit back and chill.

White supremacists feminists have never Cared about us or Me Too! Blk women ( regardless of wealth, status,education) die 70% more than white women due to giving birth! Blk women are pressured to get abortions and sterilized by Mass Planned Parenthood Centers in Blk neighborhoods!

Maybe white men's soldiers ain't marching strong enough to impregnate their women ?

Old 05-17-2019, 06:12 AM

603 posts, read 442,016 times
I believe that the life of a human being begins at conception. I’m actually not religious at all (and certainly not Christian). I take my views solely from a scientific perspective and it’s clear that from the first cell division that a separate human being is created.

All pro-choice arguments are moot in the face of this fact.

Therefore it follows Abortions are actual murder, sure there are thousands of arguments why they should be allowed and many of them are sound practical arguments too. But none of them come remotely close to offering an acceptable defense for the crime of murdering another human being.

It’s certainly unfair and horrifying for a rape victim to have to bear a rapists child for example but life’s not fair and only a tiny % of Abortions are performed in these circumstances anyway but they are nevertheless still murdering an innocent individual and the circumstances of conception are essentially irrelevant. It’s just a case of life’s not fair ... deal with it.

Many of the pro-life supporters don’t do themselves any favours by not supporting sex education, contraception and support for pregnant women especially those who economically cannot afford children. I support all of these things at minimum.

Stranger still amongst pro-life supporters is their support for capital punishment and the criminalization of poverty.

But all that said .. Abortion is still killing a defenceless human being. And surely the first and strongest human right is the basic right to life.

In a court of law an accepted defense for murder is self defense therefore I feel that the only acceptable reason for an abortion would be if the physical life of the mother was at serious risk.

Outside of these circumstances I would support a total ban on Abortion unreservedly.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:33 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
I believe that the life of a human being begins at conception. I’m actually not religious at all (and certainly not Christian). I take my views solely from a scientific perspective and it’s clear that from the first cell division that a separate human being is created.

All pro-choice arguments are moot in the face of this fact.

Therefore it follows Abortions are actual murder, sure there are thousands of arguments why they should be allowed and many of them are sound practical arguments too. But none of them come remotely close to offering an acceptable defense for the crime of murdering another human being.

It’s certainly unfair and horrifying for a rape victim to have to bear a rapists child for example but life’s not fair and only a tiny % of Abortions are performed in these circumstances anyway but they are nevertheless still murdering an innocent individual and the circumstances of conception are essentially irrelevant. It’s just a case of life’s not fair ... deal with it.

Many of the pro-life supporters don’t do themselves any favours by not supporting sex education, contraception and support for pregnant women especially those who economically cannot afford children. I support all of these things at minimum.

Stranger still amongst pro-life supporters is their support for capital punishment and the criminalization of poverty.

But all that said .. Abortion is still killing a defenceless human being. And surely the first and strongest human right is the basic right to life.

In a court of law an accepted defense for murder is self defense therefore I feel that the only acceptable reason for an abortion would be if the physical life of the mother was at serious risk.

Outside of these circumstances I would support a total ban on Abortion unreservedly.
You believe. Why should others be subjected to your beliefs? I’m pro choice. Let each decide for themselves according to their beliefs not yours.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:34 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Oh the God card. We're done, people.

Unless you specify which god you're mentioning? Because if it's the bible one, it is certainly not against abortion, the OT even specify what to do in such cases.
If someone shut your router off would you think the internet doesn’t exist?

Old 05-17-2019, 06:35 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Pro-choice advocates use that term to further their campaign.

They (not rape victims) made the "choice" to not use birth control (yes, in a few instances the bc was not effective, but that is a very low percentage).

They claim it's their body and they can do what they want; that argument is invalid because the baby is it's own body - too bad the baby doesn't get a vote.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the roles were reversed and the male carrying the baby wanted to abort it and the baby's mother wanted the baby and the male said, "But it's my body, you can't tell me what to do."

As it stands now, the baby's father doesn't have a say - it's none of his business.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:39 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Oh come on-this isn't a ban. It's just a "reasonable restriction". You can still use birth control, and (IIRC) get the morning after pill. If it saves one life, isn't it worth it? Do it for the children.

Though perhaps there should be mandatory background checks before selling the morning after pill. What do you think?

Old 05-17-2019, 06:40 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Pro-choice advocates use that term to further their campaign.

They (not rape victims) made the "choice" to not use birth control (yes, in a few instances the bc was not effective, but that is a very low percentage).

They claim it's their body and they can do what they want; that argument is invalid because the baby is it's own body - too bad the baby doesn't get a vote.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the roles were reversed and the male carrying the baby wanted to abort it and the baby's mother wanted the baby and the male said, "But it's my body, you can't tell me what to do."

As it stands now, the baby's father doesn't have a say - it's none of his business.
50% is a very low percentage?

The father has no say because his body is not being used as an incubator. HE is at not physical risk, the woman is.

As for the fetus being it's own person, no one is required to use their body to keep another alive, that includes women. I can not force you to give me bone marrow, organs, or even blood to keep me alive. Why should I be required to use my blood and organs to keep another alive?

Even corpses have more bodily autonomy. You have to have previously signed permission to use organs from a cadaver. A pregnant woman has less rights than a corpse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies