U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 03:05 PM

34,267 posts, read 13,152,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post

Come and visit. Go to Sunny Isles FL and you will be surprised at the number of Russian immigrants
There is a difference between legal and illegal immigrants.
Seattle had a bunch of Russian immigrants and there was an influx of them that came in legally.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 03:08 PM

3,937 posts, read 1,697,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
There is a difference between legal and illegal immigrants.
Seattle had a bunch of Russian immigrants and there was an influx of them that came in legally.
Who is asking them their legal status? The facts are that in Florida illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America are not the majority. The Caribbean, South America and Europe are the big drivers and most of those are arriving by plane on visas.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:08 PM

18,094 posts, read 16,422,612 times
[quote=Beach Sportsfan;55102550]
Quote:

Come and visit. Go to Sunny Isles FL and you will be surprised at the number of Russian immigrants
And? Given how much I am involved in the community, most are legal, and all of them I know are legal. Russia does not even break into the top ten.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Who is asking them their legal status? The facts are that in Florida illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America are not the majority. The Caribbean, South America and Europe are the big drivers and most of those are arriving by plane on visas.
Fact is though Mexico by far has the overwhelming number of illegals in the US, something like 4.5 million, whereas the second most, El Salvador, has 430 thousand. It is not even comparable for the rest that fall in.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:12 PM

34,267 posts, read 13,152,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

And? Given how much I am involved in the community, most are legal, and all of them I know are legal. Russia does not even break into the top ten.
Notice the population of Seattle. Nearly 70% white. They don't mind taking Russians.
They like diversity as long as they don't have to participate in it.
Democrats are in control there and must hate brown people.
Seattle area is more than half the pop. of the state.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-...le-population/

Old 05-04-2019, 03:13 PM

3,937 posts, read 1,697,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Fact is though Mexico by far has the overwhelming number of illegals in the US, something like 4.5 million, whereas the second most, El Salvador, has 430 thousand. It is not even comparable for the rest that fall in.
This is about Florida not the US and if you live in Florida you know full well that our immigration legal and illegal is not driven by Mexivo nor Central America

Old 05-04-2019, 03:17 PM

73,522 posts, read 40,853,805 times
Quote:
DeSantis get the chance to fulfill a promise. Florida bill banning sanctuary cities heads to DeSantis desk.

DeSantis won't disappoint !!! You can bet he will sign the Bill !!! Fl. voters made another wise decision electing DeSantis !!!
Don't tell me I only get one vote. I'm going to vote for this guy again !!!

With help from DeSantis the democrats won't be allowed to put criminals back into the population to continue their crime wave.

Florida bill banning sanctuary cities heads to governor's desk
https://thehill.com/homenews/441930-...governors-desk

DeSantis, a Republican, campaigned on prohibiting sanctuary cities, and is expected to sign the bill

"We are a stronger state when we protect our residents, foster safe communities and respect the work of law enforcement."
Its cool to promise to ban something which does not exist in the first place.

There are no sanctuary cities in FL.

Its like saying he will ban Martians in Florida.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:18 PM

10,233 posts, read 3,318,367 times
Quote:
MPI data says Mexico/Central America are 51%...
..Caribbean only 11%

It's 2 years old though....

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/data...ation/state/FL

Old 05-04-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
This is about Florida not the US and if you live in Florida you know full well that our immigration legal and illegal is not driven by Mexivo nor Central America
Illegal immigration is a US issue, in which states through their policies or lack of, have been making it easier or harder for ilelgals to reside here.

I live in Miami, right in Brickell, I know full well the demographics in my metro area at least.

But point is minus Mexico, illegal immigration would hardly be an issue, not one that gets constantly in the top 3 of concerns and problems. Without the top 3 contributors, I would say it would be no issue at all.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its cool to promise to ban something which does not exist in the first place.

There are no sanctuary cities in FL.

Its like saying he will ban Martians in Florida.
Regarding debating, I am sure you do not want to go there...

Do you live in Florida? Because there has been plenty of talk and some action by local politicians about creating sanctuary status for their cities. SO the state decided to take action.

Do you think something needs to be a problem before a law is enacted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies