U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 07:08 PM

20,975 posts, read 6,859,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You were caught saying something that wasn't true. Admitted it and move on !!!

There are 8 different policies on E-Verify passed by the states and TX & Fl. each passed one.
My goodness.

Now we have to go to True or False........

T or F

Florida requires private employers (landscapers, ag, service, hospitality, etc.) to use E-Verify and if they do not...or if they are caught hiring illegals, the penalties are swift and stern.

T or F

Florida requires private employers (landscapers, ag, service, hospitality, etc.) to use E-Verify and if they do not...or if they are caught hiring illegals, the penalties are swift and stern.

BOTH are F - False based on every piece of evidence that can be found...including words from the mouths of Texas and Florida pols and business leaders.

But you claim something otherwise. You cheer some BS declaration but have nothing to say about all this illegal activity that could be stopped in a heartbeat.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 07:22 PM

45,963 posts, read 18,941,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Good, I am 100% for this.

Every level of law enforcement and government should cooperate fully with each other, no matter the laws being enforced. If there is a federal warrant out for a murder suspect, I fully expect local police to detain and transfer this person over, just as I expect the FBI to detain and turn over someone to local authorities if there is a warrant. Being illegal should not get any special privileges from this cooperation that a citizen or legal resident would never, ever get.
So you want local LE to build extra facilities and have LE spend hours locking up illegal immigrants on minor traffic violations rather than fighting real crime. How long do they have to hold them until ICE shows up, 10 days a month and where are they putting them. These are sheriffs in major cities that think this is a bad idea for many reasons but DeSantis knows better, just more political grandstanding by a political hack.

There is no issue in FL this is what is known as a solution looking for a problem. Maybe we need a resolution on Big Foot in the Everglades.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:31 PM

4,348 posts, read 6,268,132 times
Quote:
There is some disagreement on that and last I heard it went back to the House for conference with the Senate. Once reconciled it should go to the Gov. desk to be signed. The reporting has been a little confusing on it for sure.

I don't know about that. Click on the official link...it's been withdrawn in both the House AND the Senate.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:32 PM

34,260 posts, read 13,113,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
My goodness.

Now we have to go to True or False........

T or F

T or F

BOTH are F - False based on every piece of evidence that can be found...including words from the mouths of Texas and Florida pols and business leaders.

But you claim something otherwise. You cheer some BS declaration but have nothing to say about all this illegal activity that could be stopped in a heartbeat.
OK I'm amused. You failed your own test. Next !!!

Where I was incorrect is I said they passed a law. It was instead done by EO.

Effective Date
May 27, 2011

Employers Impacted
Governor’s Executive Order, all agencies must:
Verify the employment eligibility of all new agency employees through E-Verify
Expressly require state contractors use E-Verify for new employees hired by the contractor during the contract term
Expressly require contractors require their subcontractors to use E-Verify for all new employees hired by the subcontractor during the contract term.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:35 PM

20,975 posts, read 6,859,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I don't know about that. Click on the official link...it's been withdrawn in both the House AND the Senate.
Well, heads are in the sand...I guess. Some folks will never get it. The secret deal was made and in the media a long time ago. Even in addition to that, no one of right mind ever thought it would go anywhere in Florida.

The state simply cannot function without these people...or at least it cannot function as it is now.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:55 PM

4,348 posts, read 6,268,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It is not happening. Believe me. The session is over......and Desantis said it is "not important" citing the need for the cheap labor since there is so much need for labor there.

In other words, he supports breaking the law because there are so many jobs that need to be done.

C'mon, P, just say it.

You have to ask yourself - since the Republicans controlled 33 states (2/3rd of ALL of them Govenors) in recent years AND also the Senate, House and POTUS....why???

I think we all know the answer...except for you and a few others who don't read the actual statements of the polls, the Cato institute, the Kochs, the Bush family and many other pro-immigrant and cheap labor supporters.

I have no problem with Bill 168 (though I think it's all show and no go), but you are 100% correct when it comes to E-Verify.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...-backing-down/

Per this article, only two states require E-Verify for all employees.

https://www.govdocs.com/everything-need-know-e-verify/

Old 05-04-2019, 08:08 PM

34,260 posts, read 13,113,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I have no problem with Bill 168 (though I think it's all show and no go), but you are 100% correct when it comes to E-Verify.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...-backing-down/

Per this article, only two states require E-Verify for all employees.

https://www.govdocs.com/everything-need-know-e-verify/
She is still wrong when she said, "Florida will not do E-Verify" Post #6 this thread.
On that she is 100% wrong. as are you with the 100%.

As I have shown they did it through EO.

As per your link, there are two states that have passed it. Why is burden on the GOP when they don't control all the other 48 states ? Its not. The democrats don't want it either.

Its a ridicules topic to begin with when so many states have failed to pass it or improve it so it could get passed, and was never intended to be the topic of this thread. It doesn't matter what party is in power E-Verify never gets any traction. Its nothing more than a peeing contest between GOP & Dems.

On the other hand states passing bans on sanctuary cities/states is catching on and more than two states have passed legislation. See the link its from the Communist News Network so lefties should approve.

These states have banned sanctuary cities
https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/08/polit...ans/index.html

At least seven states have banned sanctuary cities

More than 80 bills related to so-called sanctuary policies are pending across the country, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Last edited by phma; 05-04-2019 at 08:41 PM..

Old 05-04-2019, 09:40 PM

14,989 posts, read 4,654,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Such baloney -all smoking mirrors -and propaganda -
That would be "smoke and mirrors".

Old 05-04-2019, 09:41 PM

14,989 posts, read 4,654,822 times
Quote:
There is a difference between legal and illegal immigrants.
Technically, but the overall effect is the same.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:52 PM

4,478 posts, read 1,770,792 times
If and when everify is passed, D's will complain that it only works half of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies