U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-04-2019, 09:49 AM
 
34,252 posts, read 13,099,138 times
Reputation: 12955

Advertisements

DeSantis get the chance to fulfill a promise. Florida bill banning sanctuary cities heads to DeSantis desk.

DeSantis won't disappoint !!! You can bet he will sign the Bill !!! Fl. voters made another wise decision electing DeSantis !!!
Don't tell me I only get one vote. I'm going to vote for this guy again !!!

With help from DeSantis the democrats won't be allowed to put criminals back into the population to continue their crime wave.

Florida bill banning sanctuary cities heads to governor's desk
https://thehill.com/homenews/441930-...governors-desk

DeSantis, a Republican, campaigned on prohibiting sanctuary cities, and is expected to sign the bill

"We are a stronger state when we protect our residents, foster safe communities and respect the work of law enforcement."

Last edited by phma; 05-04-2019 at 10:00 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-04-2019, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Boston
16,982 posts, read 5,573,918 times
Reputation: 13679
another rising star in the Republican Party. Why don't the Democrats have any credible candidates?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Any Beach/FL
27,368 posts, read 15,626,549 times
Reputation: 11261
Such baloney - all smoking mirrors -and propaganda -
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 10:23 AM
 
22,670 posts, read 11,796,512 times
Reputation: 14594
Quote:
With help from DeSantis the democrats won't be allowed to put criminals back into the population to continue their crime wave.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 10:26 AM
 
34,252 posts, read 13,099,138 times
Reputation: 12955
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Such baloney - all smoking mirrors -and propaganda -
That was a description of the guy who didn't get elected.

What we are talking about here is the guy that did get elected.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 10:30 AM
 
20,975 posts, read 6,851,847 times
Reputation: 13969
What a joke. Note the omission. Florida will not do E-Verify.

In other words, they LOVE their immigrant workers and consumers, but to gin up certain elements of the GOP base they will make proclamations.

If you (righties) can explain to me right here....in this thread...why the FL. legislature did not institute E-Verify with heavy penalties I am all ears!

But you can't. Because you know the truth. The GOP interests need that cheap labor. It's the reason why FL keeps their min. wages low and why 46% of the residents aren't making it.

Yet...the very same Gov. will declare that "things have never been better". Is he really saying that this 46% is something to be proud of?

When my wife was an elected official her cohorts just loved to pass all these "declarations".....constantly. None of them meant anything...all "patriotic" claptrap. In fact, most of it was warmongering....being as our county and much of the state was controlled by Lockheed Martin, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 10:33 AM
 
18,539 posts, read 5,751,846 times
Reputation: 11205
Perhaps it will embolden citizens in other sanctuary states to put pressure on their own officials to reverse the status. Ideally they'd start recall movements to boot them out of office.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Any Beach/FL
27,368 posts, read 15,626,549 times
Reputation: 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That was a description of the guy who didn't get elected.

What we are talking about here is the guy that did get elected.
The sanctuary city description is like the Wizard of Oz - some very small details relating to arresting and detaining locally what it’s under Fed jurisdictions made to blow it up like the city locals are standing with pichforks defying Fed agents. Lies all of it
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Any Beach/FL
27,368 posts, read 15,626,549 times
Reputation: 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
What a joke. Note the omission. Florida will not do E-Verify.

In other words, they LOVE their immigrant workers and consumers, but to gin up certain elements of the GOP base they will make proclamations.

If you (righties) can explain to me right here....in this thread...why the FL. legislature did not institute E-Verify with heavy penalties I am all ears!

But you can't. Because you know the truth. The GOP interests need that cheap labor. It's the reason why FL keeps their min. wages low and why 46% of the residents aren't making it.

Yet...the very same Gov. will declare that "things have never been better". Is he really saying that this 46% is something to be proud of?

When my wife was an elected official her cohorts just loved to pass all these "declarations".....constantly. None of them meant anything...all "patriotic" claptrap. In fact, most of it was warmongering....being as our county and much of the state was controlled by Lockheed Martin, etc.
Follow the money. The GOP won’t even talk about Everify like it’s a 4 letter dirty word!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 10:46 AM
 
20,975 posts, read 6,851,847 times
Reputation: 13969
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
another rising star in the Republican Party. Why don't the Democrats have any credible candidates?
Calling a dude who won by less than 1/2 of 1% some amazing doing...is fantastic in itself. The fact that a complete unknown with the wrong skin color...who didn't show pics of his baby with Trump Art of the Deal Books...got that close should be troubling.

One must give DeSantis his due. He is a great at BS. He came into office telling us all how he was going to spend 100's of millions to clean up all the poo and nitrates and other stuff dumping into FL. rivers, bays and the Gulf...and everyone cheered.

Now the legislation session is over...and they didn't do a single thing! In fact, he made certain to say that no curbs on MORE development would be even be considered.

My take is that he will easily win a 2nd term...not because he is helping the state fix the long term problems, but that he seems to have a good PR team and consultants. And, let's face it, after Rick Scott anyone is going to look like a Saint.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top