Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 08:10 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times

Advertisements

As a Black 34 y/o man I am totaly lost for words as it relates to black youth. There is not a day that goes that I do not see black youth acting like animals and being disrespectful. I don't know who's worse the boys or the girls. It is no secret as to the way thwey act.

I have never seen anything like it before in my life. I guess when 70% are born to single family homes this is the end result. Please don't come in this thread blaming whites and racism. I am sick of it. These bad kids are the REAL terrorists. I am not as concernd about Bin laden killing as i am about black youth. Not all black youth but a hell of alot of them!!!

Before someone says it I'll say. I know white kids are unruley also but nowhere near this black youth. I mean i see it every single day. On occassion I'll see white kids acting out but I will say they are always respectful towards adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
It's not only inner cities, it's the small towns too.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:39 PM

I'm not talking about small towns. I said inner city!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
It's not only inner cities, it's the small towns too.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:35 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I'm not talking about small towns. I said inner city!!!
Given your position there "close to the action", ChicagoRon, what in your opinion can be done to turn this around? Any ideas ? Or do you think it's too late?...

Just asking..

Old 04-12-2008, 09:38 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
Quote:
As a Black 34 y/o man I am totaly lost for words as it relates to black youth. There is not a day that goes that I do not see black youth acting like animals and being disrespectful. I don't know who's worse the boys or the girls. It is no secret as to the way thwey act.

I have never seen anything like it before in my life. I guess when 70% are born to single family homes this is the end result. Please don't come in this thread blaming whites and racism. I am sick of it. These bad kids are the REAL terrorists. I am not as concernd about Bin laden killing as i am about black youth. Not all black youth but a hell of alot of them!!!

Before someone says it I'll say. I know white kids are unruley also but nowhere near this black youth. I mean i see it every single day. On occassion I'll see white kids acting out but I will say they are always respectful towards adults.
1) So what's your point?

2) So what are you doing about it?

Just curious. Or, were you just venting?

Old 04-12-2008, 09:41 PM

It's too late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Given your position there "close to the action", ChicagoRon, what in your opinion can be done to turn this around? Any ideas ? Or do you think it's too late?...

Just asking..

Old 04-12-2008, 09:42 PM

I'm practicing freedom of speech. If it's not you cup of tea move on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
1) So what's your point?

2) So what are you doing about it?

Just curious. Or, were you just venting?

Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I'm practicing freedom of speech. If it's not you cup of tea move on!
You're sure touchy tonight. Loosen your bullets a bit there, sheriff. So mfar, you're pretty much just aiming to **** everyone off. Maybe the disrespect thing comes from poor role models- know what I mean?

Old 04-12-2008, 09:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Education is the key.Getting these kids to stay in school and learn. easier said than done, for sure. Truly a tragedy.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Education is the key.Getting these kids to stay in school and learn. easier said than done, for sure. Truly a tragedy.
I think it goes back to the family. It's a learned issue. Proper family values and discipline tends to make for more respectful children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies