Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 02:04 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Aircraft carrier sent to Middle East after indications Iran planned attack on US forces
pull-EEZ!

We have carriers in the Persian Gulf pretty much all the time.

And Iranians have been "attacking" US forces through their proxies in Afghanistan and Iraq/Syria for years.

Relax.

This has been business as usual for decades.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 02:08 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
pull-EEZ!

We have carriers in the Persian Gulf pretty much all the time.

And Iranians have been "attacking" US forces through their proxies in Afghanistan and Iraq/Syria for years.

Relax.

This has been business as usual for decades.

Mueller is going to testify next week. Trump needs a diversion. That, too, is business as usual for this administration.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:11 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That is a lot of conspiracy theory stuff. Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11, not Saudi Arabia. He merely used Saudi nationals to carry out his work.

I'm talking about things that are actual reality.
Where did ISIS get all of their funding from in the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars? Why does the Saudi government fork over billions for the construction of salafists mosques the world over? It doesn't take a genius to begin to tie the loose ends together.

Quote:
Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism and has been involved in terrorist attacks in Israel, Yemen and other Middle Eastern countries
If these is a conspiracy theory here, its what you wrote. BTW when did Iran attack Israel, Yemen or any other Middle Eastern country?

Old 05-07-2019, 02:12 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I already have. Desert Storm. I was there. Were you? So I have earned the right to say what I want. You say what you want because of people like me.

So, I am all for taking out the mad mullahs in Iran.
You didn't have to earn that right, chuckles. If you are an American you were born with it.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:16 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Mueller is going to testify next week. Trump needs a diversion. That, too, is business as usual for this administration.
But you have to admit...

tRump provides us with more drama than anyone in the WH over the past 45 years.

His closing act should be a doozy.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:17 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
The only reason someone would be upset about those actions is if they are an anti Semite....

We haven't backed the Saudis, we've sold then military hardware. What they do with it is up to them. And Yemen is a crap hole infested with islamic terrorists. Let them fight over there and leave us alone. Not my problem or concern.
The person I was responding to claimed Trump has done more to deescalate conflict in the ME, do any of those things sound like de-escalation. Trump is doing his best to promote a conflict so I guess that makes me an anti-Semite. Diplomacy and reasonable actions are the answer but that shop has sailed with this administration with the likes of Bolton calling the shots.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:22 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism and has been involved in terrorist attacks in Israel, Yemen and other Middle Eastern countries. Hezbolla and Hamas are practically arms of the Iranian government.

They are extremely destabilizing in that region of the world.

The US may need to intervene at some point to help its allies. We haven’t reached that point yet, but it may be inevitable.

Maybe Trump won’t do anything about the situation in Iran, but the next president probably will.
I don't see any of our allies assisting with Iran, remember China, Russia and several other European countries signed the deal. If we decide to go to war with Iran it would be on our own assuming our own congress would go along with this.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:31 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see any of our allies assisting with Iran, remember China, Russia and several other European countries signed the deal. If we decide to go to war with Iran it would be on our own assuming our own congress would go along with this.
I could see China or Russia entering the war on the side of Iran against America a year or two into the conflict. If not militarily at least China would break its economic ties with America. Why would they want America to control the most important piece of strategic territory not only in the Middle East, but on the planet. Also if America could control Iran it would give the US access to strike through Western China and southern Russia.

Not only that but our European allies would probably sever ties with us, leaving America alone and isolated with scores of enemies the world over.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:58 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I could see China or Russia entering the war on the side of Iran against America a year or two into the conflict. If not militarily at least China would break its economic ties with America. Why would they want America to control the most important piece of strategic territory not only in the Middle East, but on the planet. Also if America could control Iran it would give the US access to strike through Western China and southern Russia.

Not only that but our European allies would probably sever ties with us, leaving America alone and isolated with scores of enemies the world over.
More likely Pakistan. If the US attacks Iran for Israel, it's very likely that Tel Aviv will catch a nuke. That's where the next world war will start. I doubt China would fight the US in Iran, but surely would use the the opportunity to expand its influence in the Far East and the South China Sea.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
More War coming from the Neo-Con Trump and Pompeo and Bolton. Bolton especially is looking for a few good wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies