Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a 10 or 11 year old rape victim be forced to give birth?
Yes 0 0%
No 18 100.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 01:40 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,066,827 times

Advertisements

Okay let's say women have been raped cannot get abortions in some legal cases. Is it really that bad to just have the baby and give it up for adaption, if you don't want it? Or am I really bad for thinking that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 01:46 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,092,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I gave birth after being raped. In many states the rapists have parental rights. I was forced to co-parent with my rapist and he ended up being awarded custody. My daughter was not at fault for the situation and did not deserve to be killed for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Were you 11 years old at the time? If not, your personal anecdote is not relevant in this case.
Wow that was really rude as well as total BS. That posters perspective is probably THE most relevant out of anyone’s perspective on this thread so far. That’s real life, right there. Compared to some hypothetical, propagandized opinion? Ha; Outranked.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:04 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,092,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I can't believe how many sick, heartless, and my guess is fundamentalists, who would not allow child who was raped to have an abortion.

What is the matter with you people? Seriously??? IT'S AN 11 YEAR OLD CHILD!!!
If I were pregnant at age 11 by a rapist I would have seen any adult who forced me to have an abortion as my real violator. As well they would be.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:22 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay let's say women have been raped cannot get abortions in some legal cases. Is it really that bad to just have the baby and give it up for adaption, if you don't want it? Or am I really bad for thinking that?

Well, there are several issues with carrying an unwanted baby after a rape. One, the woman has already been violated, frequently violently. This has definite psychological effects, and some people (men are raped, too) find themselves self-medicating with alcohol and/or drugs. These are bad for a developing fetus.

Two, a person's body is their own. Forcing someone to carry to term is taking away bodily autonomy. You can't be forced to donate blood, or live for months hooked up to another person to keep them alive.

Three, pregnancy carries substantial physical risks. And, in this country, maternal mortality is going UP. Medical personnel are so focused on making sure the baby's okay, they seem to be missing signs of life-threatening complications in the mothers. Who'd want to risk that for a rapist's baby?

There are more, but those are the first things that come to mind for me. And, yes I was raped as a young teen, but he'd had a vasectomy, so no baby worry. That was bad enough; I can't imagine having to carry his child. It would have broken me. As it was, I seriously considered suicide.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:29 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,066,827 times
Oh okay I see. My condolences are your terrible experience.

So if a woman could not get an abortion after being raped, is it best to just carry the baby and give birth, and just give it up then?

Old 05-11-2019, 02:36 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Oh okay I see. My condolences are your terrible experience.

So if a woman could not get an abortion after being raped, is it best to just carry the baby and give birth, and just give it up then?

Many women would get an abortion any way they could, even if it was illegal. So, best? I couldn't say what would be best for another woman. It would be up to her what's best. She may consider that suicide would be preferable.

Old 05-11-2019, 05:31 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
It's murder.I am not as strict as most GOP folks. I prefer quality over quantity,I believe in eugenics as well so if people want to murder their baby have at it most people having abortions aren't exactly people I want bringing babies into the world anyways. Mostly lefties and those that vote leftist.So quality over quantity.
So if the mother and the baby does during delivery, how do you justify that? Is that a win for you or just a way to upset the liberals? what happens if the 11 YEAR OLD kills herself?

Old 05-11-2019, 05:38 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
What if it is your 11 year old daughter? Yes, you are really bad for thinking that.

If a child is raped, do you really want that child to life with a memory of that rape all her life?

Old 05-11-2019, 06:23 AM

1,022 posts, read 773,334 times
More proof that Anti-abortion laws are evil

Old 05-11-2019, 07:59 AM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times
Quote:
Okay let's say women have been raped cannot get abortions in some legal cases. Is it really that bad to just have the baby and give it up for adoption, if you don't want it? Or am I really bad for thinking that?
It would be ideal if the mother can handle it. However, it may not be possible. In many states the rapist has parental rights. There have been cases where the rapist learns of the baby and goes for visitation/custody. When it comes to adoption, since the rapist has parental rights, the mother has to give notice of her intent and sometimes even get his consent. He can block the adoption and get awarded custody. The mother would then have to pay him child support. It has happened.

In my case, because I was receiving food stamps and medicaid for my daughter, the government finally started collecting child support from him. He didn't like that. He had gone for many years without paying. Well, he has government connections. And my family kept taking up for him. It never mattered what he did to me. I was a piece of garbage to them anyway. My family made up stories about me to CPS and got her taken from me. Then my rapist got custody and I didn't see her again until years later when her friends helped her escape and she ended up back out here. Initially, my family had wanted custody of her because they wanted the earned income credit and other financial advantages. They never really accepted her existence as a person and my father had even wanted her aborted, not because of how she was conceived, but because she was my child. Any child of mine had to be garbage too in their eyes. But they didn't mind trying to profit off her existence. That part failed and so they helped her bio-father get custody.

I kept getting told since she was born though that I needed to give her up so she could be raised in a black home where she belonged. She's bi-racial. I would have people come up to me in the store while I was shopping when she was a baby telling me that. It was very upsetting to me. I never wanted to give her up for adoption. I considered her to be mine and as far as I was concerned I was keeping her. The government did not allow me to do that though. I received constant harassment just for my having her from the time she was born. It interfered with my ability to be a full parent and was extremely stressful to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies