Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 11:13 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I use to live in the building directly across from that location, and while I am not going to defend Brian ( I know him personally) I will tell you that, that location has a history of anti-abortion protesters doing their best to humiliate anyone going there seeking services. Not all of them for abortions.
"protesters doing their best to humiliate anyone going there seeking services"

Well I can see that side of it too. When I was younger, some friends and I went to PP for pap smears and birth control pills. It was awkward being confronted by some of these people (not all of them tried to talk to you, some just prayed). Anywho, we just smiled and politely told them we weren't getting abortions. I guess times have changed, folks are really uncivil. And this guy was definitely out of line, the ladies had a right to protest. I think he has a screw loose, probably mentally ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 11:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This Sims is a bully and was projecting his own behavior onto that woman. And he was doing it because he thinks that's how he can get national attention and move up in politics. To be hateful, arrogant and intolerant and judgmental and to bash those he doesn't agree with.

This logic only works if you ignore what prayer is and what the " protesters " were doing. At best, both sides were wrong and you are angry at Rep sims because of gender dynamics which I have never supported.

You dont get a pass for being a horrible person because you are a women.

Quote:
What a POS. 50 years ago and if he was born down south he'd have been in the KKK
Yea, your line here makes no sense. Good try though.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:58 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This logic only works if you ignore what prayer is and what the " protesters " were doing. At best, both sides were wrong and you are angry at Rep sims because of gender dynamics which I have never supported.

You dont get a pass for being a horrible person because you are a women.

Yea, your line here makes no sense. Good try though.
You have a warped idea of what a horrible person is. I'm quite familiar with the mindset of people like this woman who show up to pray the rosary I don't agree with their beliefs but they are genuine in their convictions. The problem is that opinions like yours are so simpleton(black and white thinking is for lazy thinkers) people are complex beings.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:03 AM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I use to live in the building directly across from that location, and while I am not going to defend Brian ( I know him personally) I will tell you that, that location has a history of anti-abortion protesters doing their best to humiliate anyone going there seeking services. Not all of them for abortions.
Your friend Brian is a rabid ideologue who comes off as quite disturbed.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You have a warped idea of what a horrible person is. I'm quite familiar with the mindset of people like this woman who show up to pray the rosary I don't agree with their beliefs .
My idea isnt warped at all. As he says in the video, she can pray at home of from her church.

Going to the clinic to pray is purposeful and partly meant as intimidation, as is her argument that she is praying to an all powerful being that can force you to burn for all eternity.

so which is worse, some guy yelling at you, or a prayer to an all powerful being ?????

Quote:
but they are genuine in their convictions. The problem is that opinions like yours are so simpleton(black and white thinking is for lazy thinkers) people are complex beings
Being genuine , does not make your convictions good or right. And that is my point, and why your lazy thinker comment reflects far more on you than me.

In short, I take religious people at their word. If they dont want me to, then they should rethink their strategies.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:18 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
My idea isnt warped at all. As he says in the video, she can pray at home of from her church.

Going to the clinic to pray is purposeful and partly meant as intimidation, as is her argument that she is praying to an all powerful being that can force you to burn for all eternity.

so which is worse, some guy yelling at you, or a prayer to an all powerful being ?????

Being genuine , does not make your convictions good or right. And that is my point, and why your lazy thinker comment reflects far more on you than me.

In short, I take religious people at their word. If they dont want me to, then they should rethink their strategies.
Sorry, you lefties do not get to dictate where and when someone can pray.

What do you imagine these women and young girls are praying that you are so terrified of it?

Old 05-08-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Sorry, you lefties do not get to dictate where and when someone can pray.
never said we did.

Quote:
What do you imagine these women and young girls are praying that you are so terrified of it?
Im not scared at all, im taking them at their word about their own beliefs. In a court of law, thats actually what you get tried on. Its the reason why people can get out of criminal liability, or be judged for it.

If you as a religious person genuinely believe an all powerful being is going to exact his revenge for breaking his rules, thats a threat.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:48 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
never said we did.

Im not scared at all, im taking them at their word about their own beliefs. In a court of law, thats actually what you get tried on. Its the reason why people can get out of criminal liability, or be judged for it.

If you as a religious person genuinely believe an all powerful being is going to exact his revenge for breaking his rules, thats a threat.
So you believe these young girls and women are praying for God to exact revenge?

The woman with the three young girls was praying forrepresentative Sims. My guess is for God to soften his heart and open his eyes.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:04 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
What a disrespectful piece of crap. He needs therapy because he is obviously an unhappy person. jazzy jeff you have some balls for defending him I must say...even though you say you’re not it sure sounds like you are.
Thank you!

And I was not defending his actions, I merely pointed out that this PP location has been notorious over the years for protesters attempting to humiliate those trying to enter. That is wrong as well.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:22 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,787 times
Ok, but that’s not what she was doing was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies