Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 08:07 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
As a resident on my state (fortunately living 300 miles from nyc) I'm outraged. Why are my tax dollars going to be spent on illegals. Why are we encouraging more to come here to be a drain on our public services.

We have American citizens right now who need this assistance. We don't need to import a new permanent underclass of democrat voters at the expense of our own suffering citizens.

Shame on you deblasio and Cuomo.
Reportedly, city funds will be used as they are for the city’s 11 public hospitals and 70 neighborhood clinics.

The mayor claims it will save money in the long run by addressing the health of low income people, including illegal immigrants upfront, before they need ER care.

ERs do not ask people to prove citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 08:10 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Votes.

They will bankrupt us to stay in power.
yep.

and now this idiot wants to be president..

Old 05-08-2019, 08:10 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
way to go Mr. Mayor! Typical. Screw the taxpayer and buy votes. Trump should cut all aid to NYC. Drive more people out of your city.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/07/de-bla...DMcBMvI1FH66pA
Meanwhile, US citizens get screwed.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:25 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
I can't believe what is going on in our country in regards to our border being invaded and congress remaining compliant on it. It is costing us dearly financially, is in direct conflict of what this country stands for which is being a nation of laws. I fought in the Viet Nam war and for what? To have my country overran with illegal invaders, our own citizens losing their jobs to them, our demographics being unnaturally and unlawfully altered along with this huge financial burden we are enduring because of them?

There are three guilty parties here and that is congress who are the biggest culprits in this, the greedy employers who hire illegal aliens and these illegal invaders themselves. None of them have any respect for mainstream law abiding Americans it's all about their own selfish gains from this. I wanted to enjoy my golden years after serving my country, working all my life contributing to our society and raising a family with morals and respect but this weighs so heavily on my heart everyday that it takes away from that enjoyment.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Glad to hear it. Now let's load up a few hundred / thousand buses at the border and get them to NYC so they can get free Medical Care since so many are carrying diseases, not vaccinated and need urgent care.

In the last 10 days 88,000 Illegals were caught just in McAllen. How about we put on a train your way ?
Thanks NY for being so rich. You'll be the magnet that sucks these illegal, uneducated to your state.

BTW thanks for sending many of those nice Amazon jobs our way to Texas.
The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 was introduced by Republicans and received some bipartisan support. This act followed the Republican NAFTA legislation and replaced paper cards with electronic Border Crossing Cards that allows Mexican nationals to enter the US for 72 hours to shop and visit family, limited to 25 miles of the border.

The La Plaza Mall in McAllen and big box outlets are the primary beneficiaries of these shoppers. Reportedly, McAllen raises more per capital sales tax than any other city in Texas.

The mayor is an Independent and did not endorse Beto or Cruz.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07...-its-way-life/

Old 05-08-2019, 10:44 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
As a resident on my state (fortunately living 300 miles from nyc) I'm outraged. Why are my tax dollars going to be spent on illegals. Why are we encouraging more to come here to be a drain on our public services.

We have American citizens right now who need this assistance. We don't need to import a new permanent underclass of democrat voters at the expense of our own suffering citizens.

Shame on you deblasio and Cuomo.
Agree. And isn't there some law that forbids elected politicians from actively encouraging people to break laws? The liberal mayor is creating enticements to encourage illegal immigration.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:02 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
way to go Mr. Mayor! Typical. Screw the taxpayer and buy votes. Trump should cut all aid to NYC. Drive more people out of your city.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/07/de-bla...DMcBMvI1FH66pA
murphy can't be far behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies