Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 05:20 PM

27,557 posts, read 28,647,655 times

Advertisements

I also encourage people to contact restaurants, pubs, businesses, airports and any other such establishments.

Request them to immediately stop displaying all national news media on monitors or selling any newspapers.

Speak to them directly or call them up. Help spread the word to every corner possible.

This Orwellian nonsense must end immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 05:30 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,042 times
I'm bothered by some stories being dumped down the memory-hole. Las Vegas shooting and the Fukashima disaster to name two.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCopeland View Post
I agree. I think the news media has completely let down the first amendment and isn't even worthy of it.

Not only are they propagandic, they're literally driving people insane and violently against one another. They're profiting off division and stirring up the differences among us.
I am very glad that you have noticed this.

Tell everybody that you know. Tell them to tell everybody that they know. Keep spreading the word.

Help save our great nation. Help save freedom and democracy.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You think neither of those sources are biased?
The American people are entitled to hear the unfiltered messages and opinions of representatives they directly elect to office.

That is the very basis of our nation and why it was formed over 200 years ago. That is real freedom and democracy.

Propaganda by media sources is hostile to democracy. That is why it must be stopped.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:28 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I am very glad that you have noticed this.

Tell everybody that you know. Tell them to tell everybody that they know. Keep spreading the word.

Help save our great nation. Help save freedom and democracy.

We'll get right on it, but I have some important stuff to do first. Sock drawer is a mess, cats need fed, etc.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:00 PM

To anybody who even agrees 1% with what I’m saying, I request you to stop watching and reading all news. That includes visiting all news websites or watching any news videos anywhere.

Do this for everybody’s sake.

The “news” media is absolutely irrelevant to your life.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:18 PM

Do not visit any foreign new sources.

Do not tune into C-SPAN or listen to talk radio.

They are all equally corrupt, toxic and dangerous.

They regurgitate all the same lies, misinformation and propaganda.

They are all in it for money and power. They could care less about you or our nation.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:39 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
It is absolutely my business when propaganda and false information causes this level of hatred, ignorance and division in the society of which I’m a part.

This has to stop completely and immediately.

We must fight the powers that be, in whatever shape or form they come.
Not your business and I suggest you not to build an arsenal to better illustrate your point. Also, I think I will tune into MSNBC later on in your honor. And there ain't ish you can do about it

Let me see if I have used up my free visits to WaPo now.....

Old 05-08-2019, 07:43 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
I am tired of the inundation of "news" reporting that every weather disaster is the result of climate change.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:27 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,218,675 times
Quote:
I am talking about the national and big news sources.

Local news is different. Although you still have to be careful and verify everything to make sure they are reporting fairly and accurately.

You didn't specify that in your first post. You clearly stated ALL news sources. I go out of my way to not watch CNN, MSNBC, or FOX, but I enjoy our local news. They don't appear to be biased in any direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies