Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2019, 09:46 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
This lefty likes having people in her very own house who speak languages other than English; we often have a foreigner staying/living with us for a few weeks or a year at a time. We had a Russian living across the street from us for a while in my non-gated middle-class neighborhood. Now there's a Spanish-speaking family next door to that house. The next door neighbors are also lefties, I guess... they had a Hillary Clinton sign on their lawn in 2016. I guess they don't mind the multilingual neighborhood, either. Good try, though!
That's nice. We have foreign guests too. Most are able to speak some English and if they legally immigrate here they speak it fluently and don't go around rudely blabbing their foreign language in public.

Believe me, there are segregated areas full of left wingers preaching about diversity, especially in certain parts of the country.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:47 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Lefties like going places and hearing the languages (exotic and cool), as long as they can go back to their NIMBY English speaking gated communities at the end of the day.
Huh? Exotic & cool? I mean, maybe you think so, I just think it’s a fact of life hearing different languages spoken. Shrug. Maybe get out more to bigger cities if you find foreign languages so unique.

Personally, I do not like the Russian language. Grates on my nerves but whatever, such is life when you live in a society.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:14 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Huh? Exotic & cool? I mean, maybe you think so, I just think it’s a fact of life hearing different languages spoken. Shrug. Maybe get out more to bigger cities if you find foreign languages so unique.
I do not see it as special as I grew up with it, my grandparents spoke their language too much and never learned fluent English. I don't know their language so we hardly communicated and I resent it. We hosted foreign families too, so it's nothing to me, but they always took effort to learn excellent English.

I can understand why people would dislike hearing a lot of foreign languages, but I don't get why people would prefer it, unless they see it as unique, exotic or special. It is just like preferring racial diversity which always seemed kind of racist to me. I don't care either way, people are people. Just respect the resident language and culture and it's all good.

English is the norm, it should be our one official language in the US. No classes taught in other languages.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Half of brown democraps are illegal aliens.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:59 AM

18,456 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
My wife and I do the same. We love it when we see a MAGA hat wearing fool getting annoyed.
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
This is why my husband and I like to speak Spanish/German sometime when out in public, just to watch the idiots heads explode.
====

so both of you like to just stir the pot...do it on purpose....just to annoy people

Old 05-10-2019, 10:59 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
I'm not surprised at all. I'm a northern democrat and it annoys me to hear a southern republican speak English.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:01 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
This lefty likes having people in her very own house who speak languages other than English; we often have a foreigner staying/living with us for a few weeks or a year at a time. We had a Russian living across the street from us for a while in my non-gated middle-class neighborhood. Now there's a Spanish-speaking family next door to that house. The next door neighbors are also lefties, I guess... they had a Hillary Clinton sign on their lawn in 2016. I guess they don't mind the multilingual neighborhood, either. Good try, though!
Guess some people would have a problem with foreign exchange students too. SMDH.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:02 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
This is why my husband and I like to speak Spanish/German sometime when out in public, just to watch the idiots heads explode.
====

so both of you like to just stir the pot...do it on purpose....just to annoy people
Isn't Trump congratulated by some on this very forum for annoying people and playing them?

Old 05-10-2019, 11:14 AM

18,456 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Isn't Trump congratulated by some on this very forum for annoying people and playing them?
..isn't NASA preparing for a meteor hitting the planet

Old 05-10-2019, 11:17 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
To me what it shows is some of the people who hate President Trump and his supporters are more like him than they can admit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies