Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2019, 02:45 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What about Melania who enabled her adultering husband? Typical. Blame the wife for the husband that cheats.

Evangelical is now a political term - not a religious one and has been for some time. It's why more and more young people turn away from the hypocrisy of religion.

Great work, there.
Melania has never attacked women that accused her husband of sexual assault and rape, as is the case with Hillary.

There's no hypocrisy in voting for immoral person over another, and Trump is less immoral by far. Hillary framed Trump as colluding with Russia to steal an election but you act like she is some kind of moral person. She is easily the most crooked politician of all time.

The Bible says we are all sinners. Christianity is about a belief, it doesn't say anything about who you vote for.

You no doubt want to try to separate evangelicals from Trump but it is hypocritical in that you don't support the morals of Christianity.

It appears evangelicals are smarter than you realize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 02:50 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
He can't possibly have known who Andrew Neil is if he thought he was leftist.
Mind you, right wing politics is a very different animal in the UK. More like what Americans would consider centrist but even then, there's really not much of a comparison. Very different ideals.

I don't see that it matters what the political ideology was of the person doing the interview, he spouted stereotypes, demeaned the position taken by one side of the issue. then he impugned the guests character by making the assumption that he held that same views or opinions. Then he demanded the guest apologize or defend his backward and immoral positions, and posed all of this as if it were a legitimate question.

Maybe this is considered highbrow intellectual discussion in the UK. In the US we call it promoting stereotypes, 'gotcha' and character assault.

Old 05-12-2019, 04:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
So you think Hillary was more moral than Trump? What about Bill Clinton who she enabled.

What is funny is that there are a lot of atheist liberals who have disdain for evangelicals but then get mad when evangelicals support a immoral person. You aren't going to like them either way.
I'm a Christian. It is not my place to question the beliefs of others but those like Franklin Graham do not seem to believe in the same God as I do.

Anyway, off topic.

P.S. I didn't vote for either Bill or Hillary.

Old 05-12-2019, 04:49 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
the baby isn't the woman's body. That is the biggest strawman argument out there.
What argument are you trying to make here exactly? Being pregnant affects every part of a woman's body: breasts, womb, bones, blood, sense of smell, it can even affect your eyesight.
As if a fetus is somehow independent of it's mother? So ridiculous.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
What argument are you trying to make here exactly? Being pregnant affects every part of a woman's body: breasts, womb, bones, blood, sense of smell, it can even affect your eyesight.
As if a fetus is somehow independent of it's mother? So ridiculous.
The fetus is not the mother. The fetus is inside of the mother.

#Science

Old 05-12-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm a Christian. It is not my place to question the beliefs of others but those like Franklin Graham do not seem to believe in the same God as I do.

Anyway, off topic.

P.S. I didn't vote for either Bill or Hillary.
You say it is not your place to question the beliefs of others while doing EXACTLY that.

Christainity does not say that you cannot support Donald Trump.

I don't understand how people who support abortion can act holier than thou. It doesn't work.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
You say it is not your place to question the beliefs of others while doing EXACTLY that.
No I didn't. I intentionally made sure not to. Words have meanings.

Quote:
Christainity does not say that you cannot support Donald Trump.
It does not.

Quote:
I don't understand how people who support abortion can act holier than thou. It doesn't work.
No clue how this applies to anything I've said.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:33 PM

You literally just questioned Graham's religious faith while saying you don't do that.

Your premise is that God prefers your political candidates vs a candidate like Trump.

The only reason religion has come up on here is liberals lecturing evangelicals on who they should support for religious /moral reasons.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
You literally just questioned Graham's religious faith while saying you don't do that.
I said "It *seems* to me.

Quote:
Your premise is that God prefers your political candidates vs a candidate like Trump.
I never said anything of the sort. I don't think God cares much at all about our politics.

Quote:
The only reason religion has come up on here is liberals lecturing evangelicals on who they should support for religious /moral reasons.
The topic is Ben Shapiro but thanks for noting it has nothing to do with anything I've said.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Melania has never attacked women that accused her husband of sexual assault and rape, as is the case with Hillary.

There's no hypocrisy in voting for immoral person over another, and Trump is less immoral by far. Hillary framed Trump as colluding with Russia to steal an election but you act like she is some kind of moral person. She is easily the most crooked politician of all time.

The Bible says we are all sinners. Christianity is about a belief, it doesn't say anything about who you vote for.

You no doubt want to try to separate evangelicals from Trump but it is hypocritical in that you don't support the morals of Christianity.

It appears evangelicals are smarter than you realize.
Nah. They're not.

And you have NO freaking idea what Melania did or did not do about her husband's mistresses and prostitutes. Zero idea. But you pretend you do.

And why would I separate evangelicals from Trump when they are joined with him at the hip?

You make no sense whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies