Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 07:41 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times

Advertisements

if you refer to Trump as tRump, do other people take you more or less seriously.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:14 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, GBU, let's talk about that for a minute. I agree, in all my years on this planet, I have NEVER seen the level of discord, and disdain, I am seeing for this particular President. Now, we have to ask ourselves WHY.

I realize it is hard for your side to fathom the reasons you are seeing this happening on a daily basis, and you try to poo poo it , or pass it off as "They can't get over losing the election." Nothing could be further from the truth, people lose in every election when their candidate loses, but they generally move on, maybe grumble about it a little, and that is that. Not this time.

What makes this different is WHO won the election. If Trump were a sane, ethical, honest man, who did not have decades and decades of provable corruption as part of his makeup, you would not be seeing 1/1,000th the amount of negativity directed at him. By now, he would have had 2 years under his belt, and we would have other things to talk about. But a lot of us do know Donald Trump, have seen how he treats this Presidency as his personal Dictatorship, how he refuses to work with others (even his own side) and how he has the mentality of a spoiled 3 year old brat.

When I see this 70+ year old man resorting to calling his opponents by childish , silly names, it simply reinforces my opinion that he is totally unfit to represent this country, and a total embarrassment to us on the world stage. I am sure what I have just said will go over your head, but that is the absolute reason you are seeing what you have witnessed for the past two years, and will continue to see until he is simply a bad memory in the history of America.
LMAO if you think Obama was sane, ethical, and honest. Oh but he's a minority so he gets a pass from the left.

The bots from the left do exactly what their handlers tell them to do. Children being led around by the nose. But orange man bad.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:38 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Did you see the population act this way when the America hating traitor Barry was president? We had some valid legal gripes that we had hearings about and because of corruptness got pushed aside for the time being. Did we go haywire, go out and protest, go and attack people that didn't agree with us? For the most part no. But the MSM is on constant attack, people commit crimes because someone walks into a place with a MAGA hat. They can't help themselves, they need to knock it to the ground.

When I walked into a clients home and he had a Hope poster up I didn't melt down. I didn't do anything except think to myself, oh know, one of these people. Turned out to be a good guy, we never discussed politics, mainly because I knew it probably wouldn't end well. No ODS.

https://patrick.net/post/1317579/201...s-sink-in-word
Did you see the population act this way when the America hating traitor Barry was president?
Yes we did

Old 05-11-2019, 10:20 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LMAO if you think Obama was sane, ethical, and honest. Oh but he's a minority so he gets a pass from the left.

The bots from the left do exactly what their handlers tell them to do. Children being led around by the nose. But orange man bad.
That is true. It is shocking how liberals Infantilization of black people. Every time there is some percieved racial incident in the US, the dumb media blows it way out of proportion and assume that ALL black people will go insane with rage. Its insulting

Old 05-11-2019, 10:36 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Did you see the population act this way when the America hating traitor Barry was president?
Yes we did
Oh really? Please, by all means, show us examples. And make sure they are equal to what President Trump has had to put up with...this should be good

Old 06-30-2019, 05:28 PM

1,112 posts, read 883,343 times
One of my best friends since grade school has never let up on her disdain for Trump.....rants and calls him vile names on Facebook.....Frankly, she expends sooo much hateful energy on her rants about him. She might drop dead over this crap. Frankly, makes me very sad for her.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:27 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
One of my best friends since grade school has never let up on her disdain for Trump.....rants and calls him vile names on Facebook.....Frankly, she expends sooo much hateful energy on her rants about him. She might drop dead over this crap. Frankly, makes me very sad for her.
I think I know how your friend feels. I have had heartburn, ever since the trump family walked up the hill to the white house. Call it what you will, to me the man is creepy. Way to asinine to be our president and commander in chief. JMO

Old 07-01-2019, 07:32 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I most certainly saw Trump act that way so he now has no leg to stand on in complaining about getting the same in return.
Trump is a counter puncher. If you don't know what that is, look it up.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:41 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Trump is a counter puncher. If you don't know what that is, look it up.
Trump is a thin skinned baby with a fragile ego that responds to even mild criticism with hissy fits and childish insults. If that's your idea of counter punching it's you who should look it up.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:55 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Did you see the population act this way when the America hating traitor Barry was president? We had some valid legal gripes that we had hearings about and because of corruptness got pushed aside for the time being. Did we go haywire, go out and protest, go and attack people that didn't agree with us? For the most part no. But the MSM is on constant attack, people commit crimes because someone walks into a place with a MAGA hat. They can't help themselves, they need to knock it to the ground.
First off, someone who starts his post with "America hating traitor" has no right to complain about hyper-partisanship.

But I have thought long and hard about this, and I agree - Trump does not get a fair shake from the media or a large slice of the population, including me. I realize it is not really Trump's policies or actions that upset me. Some I like, some I don't. If it were any other person in the Oval office I would say "give him a chance", or at least let's have a civil debate about it.

It's Trump's personality that is so vile, so childish, so egotistic that makes me want to instantly oppose anything he might say or do. If that's what you call TDS, then you're right. If I could give one message to President Trump, it would be that maybe if he would try being more civil. more dignified, more respectful and more mature, people might react differently. But that would be like asking a leopard to change its spots.

I always think back to Ronald Reagan. Not my favorite president, but you could never imagine Reagan making fun of a handicapped person or denigrating a war veteran's service. Reagan was a gentleman, which is why I have grudging admiration for him, even though I opposed many of his policies. The opposite of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies