Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2019, 06:18 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,438,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
The golfing thing reeks of hypocrisy on his part. He tweeted many times about Obama doing it and said he wouldn't have time to do much, if any, during his presidency.

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/3...ack-obama-golf

""I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done," Trump, 69, tells ITK. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off."

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...he-white-house

The first sentence is key...he said he wouldnt leave the White House but rarely if elected.
And Obama said I could keep my plan and doctor, and that my premiums would go down, and that I'd have better insurance.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:27 AM

58,469 posts, read 26,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Principles, hah. Trump's principle is what can make him the quickest buck or can get him the lowest tax rate through intentional business losses. I mean look at how many failed businesses he has had. He will sell us out for a nickel. If he is so America first., why were his and his daughter's clothing line made elsewhere when they are middle to high ticket items? If he is so America first, why does he seek H1-b visa workers for his hotels? The guy is a hypocrite and that is why I am critical on him. He is a typical hurray for me, **** you New Yorker.
"Principles, hah. Trump's principle is what can make him the quickest buck" how? By donating his ENTIRE salary to charity? In fact wit him NOT running his empire he is LOSING money.

"get him the lowest tax rate through intentional business losses", 1 simple question, do you or have you EVER taken a deduction on your taxes, say like a mortgage deduction or a child deduction etc.?

Only an IDIOT would NOT use the tax LAWS as they are written. Most deductions are probably initiated by DEMS.

" I mean look at how many failed businesses he has had." NOT uncommon by investor who talk RISKS. and how many have been SUCCESSFUL?

Even Walt Disney went bankrupt 3 times before he "made it big".

The rest of your rant is nothing more pure JEALOUSY because YOU CAN'T make it as well as he has! punk is a fitting name!

Old 05-13-2019, 06:37 AM

58,469 posts, read 26,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Agree.

What’s truly bizarre is that the Democrats continue to call for lax border enforcement. If they truly want Americans to have universal healthcare, then surely they understand that we can’t provide it for every person who walks across the border? Maybe they are worried about alienating Hispanic voters.

That’s what I loathe about identity politics. People will go against their own economic interests for the sake of their own perceived tribal “in group.”

It’s not black vs white vs Hispanic. It’s about the bottom 99% vs the top 1%. It’s about the 99% who toil for the benefit of the 1%. We’re rapidly heading back to the Gilded Age (if we aren’t there already) and we’re too divided along “tribal” lines to stop it.

If things keep going this way, we definitely risk a fascist movement seizing power.

"What’s truly bizarre is that the Democrats continue to call for lax border enforcement." which is 180 degrees DIFFERENT then when obama was president.

They have ZERO morals, ll they want is the POWER! They change their positions according to how the wind blows.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:47 AM

I just thought of another one....

5) Barr's report on the extent of the Democrats' unethical and likely illegal maneuvers to overturn the results of an American election (because they didn't like the outcome) will come out - and will be replayed over and over as the 2020 election approaches. Democrats will go into their panicked "attack dog" mode, and independents' stomachs will be so turned by the display that they either sit home or vote for Trump.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,824,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And Obama said I could keep my plan and doctor, and that my premiums would go down, and that I'd have better insurance.
Yes the whole roll out of the ACA was a mess. And lots of folks suffered because of it -- but it seems more got something.

Why hasn't ACA been totally repealed -- because many Republican voting constituents finally had insurance, or could afford insurance.

BUT YES -- many saw premiums sky rocket.

BUT -- I was stunned when the Republican President, with a Republican House & Senate didn't completely repeal the ACA.

Why? Because many of the Republican voting constituents were better off. Yes some weren't -- but obviously -- as the ACA is still in place -- there was some good.

There was lots to be kept in the ACA, lots to be fixed, and lots to be taken out.

But it changed health care coverage in this country.

I was hoping the Republicans would fix it. They has a few years to live with the ACA, see all of its faults.....but so far nothing.

So you are right -- Obama rolled out a health care system with lofty goals, that missed the goals in some areas, but in some other areas -- landed fair and square. The intent was not to implement a failed system.
It should be fixed.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I just thought of another one....

5) Barr's report on the extent of the Democrats' unethical and likely illegal maneuvers to overturn the results of an American election (because they didn't like the outcome) will come out - and will be replayed over and over as the 2020 election approaches. Democrats will go into their panicked "attack dog" mode, and independents' stomachs will be so turned by the display that they either sit home or vote for Trump.
This is your hope and dreams -- not fact.

Will as many moderates be turned by the fact that Trump was not exonerated of obstruction...just not charged and the reason is likely because a sitting President can't be indicted.

This whole process of finding out that the President of the USA could be a criminal but will never be charged could be enough to make people think twice.

This kind of thought on your part -- or what I have suggested above is not going to be critical in the election.

This is the kind of 'mythical' conspiracy bull that the base may debate (the base on either side) but other folks have no time for.

It will come down to real issues...and yes immigration is one of them.......and health care.........

Old 05-13-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes the whole roll out of the ACA was a mess. And lots of folks suffered because of it -- but it seems more got something.

Why hasn't ACA been totally repealed -- because many Republican voting constituents finally had insurance, or could afford insurance.

BUT YES -- many saw premiums sky rocket.

BUT -- I was stunned when the Republican President, with a Republican House & Senate didn't completely repeal the ACA.

Why? Because many of the Republican voting constituents were better off. Yes some weren't -- but obviously -- as the ACA is still in place -- there was some good.

There was lots to be kept in the ACA, lots to be fixed, and lots to be taken out.

But it changed health care coverage in this country.

I was hoping the Republicans would fix it. They has a few years to live with the ACA, see all of its faults.....but so far nothing.

So you are right -- Obama rolled out a health care system with lofty goals, that missed the goals in some areas, but in some other areas -- landed fair and square. The intent was not to implement a failed system.
It should be fixed.
There's a reason that Obamacare can't be repealed - and Obama knew it when it rammed it down our throats.

It's impossible to claw back freebies once you've handed them out. People feel entitled. And the only way to "fix" Obamacare is to re-balance the way the benefits are handed out: right now someone earning $45,000 pays $200 a month for insurance, and a person earning $49,000 pays $900 a month. And people earning $30,000 pay nothing. In order to make things fairer for the middle-earners (say $50,000 - $70,000), low earners will have to give back some of the goodies. The lower-earners will punish anyone who does that, and we are stuck.

And I DO think Obamacare was designed to fall. They didn't even phase out the subsidies but created a cliff. (Make $1 over the cliff, and your premiums can jump by $8,000.) It was part of the Alinsky model: if you can't get what you want (in Obama's case, universal health care), create a flawed product. Then, assuming you are still in power (that's why Obama was desperate for Hillary to win.....to continue his mission), you will get approval for what you wanted originally.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:15 AM

So are you saying that most of the Republican constituents want freebies?

Old 05-13-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
This is your hope and dreams -- not fact.

Will as many moderates be turned by the fact that Trump was not exonerated of obstruction...just not charged and the reason is likely because a sitting President can't be indicted.

This whole process of finding out that the President of the USA could be a criminal but will never be charged could be enough to make people think twice.

This kind of thought on your part -- or what I have suggested above is not going to be critical in the election.

This is the kind of 'mythical' conspiracy bull that the base may debate (the base on either side) but other folks have no time for.

It will come down to real issues...and yes immigration is one of them.......and health care.........
An investigation is not designed to "exonerate" someone of anything. It is designed to see if there is enough evidence to move forward. After two years, and a WIDE, WIDE net, Mueller came up empty. And believe me, he tried. And tried. And tried.

More likely moderates will be turned by the entire Russia hoax dreamed up by partisan liberal FBI employees, and the manner in which they were able to surveil the Republican candidate.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
So are you saying that most of the Republican constituents want freebies?
Of course not. Most Republicans don't even get freebies. Democrats are much more likely to be on government assistance.

But....to expand....that was part of Obama's plan also. Take self-supporting Republicans who pay their own health insurance, then drive up the costs SO high by some redistribution scheme that the only way the lower earners among them can survive is by taking the subsidy. You KNOW there's something drastically wrong with a new law when the only way you can survive it is by earning less money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies