Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 07:20 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times

Advertisements

Let's go!

1) It's the economy, stupid! Record-low unemployment, strong economic growth, roaring stock market. As long as we are around a similar point in 18 months from now, he's in.

2) Priority given to illegal aliens. Tax-paying, law-abiding Americans - particular those in the working and lower-middle classes (which is the majority of voters) - are fed up with liberals caring more about the interests of illegals than American citizens. That became even more painfully obvious with Biden's recent promise to give illegal aliens American medical care, when many middle-income earners can't afford the care they need due to Obama's awful ACA. (Someone needs to tell Biden illegals can't vote, so why is he pandering to them?)

3) Speaking of pandering....the Democrats' bribes to voters. The current crop of leftist Democratic hopefuls are shamelessly trying to buy votes with their promise of free college! reparations! reduced rents! guaranteed living income for non-workers!, etc., etc. Only the people at the bottom quarter, who would be getting the free stuff, will fall for it - and guess what? They don't even show up at the polls.

4) The venom liberals spew toward conservatives. Liberals are concentrated on the coasts, but the rest of America is tired of being called racist, brown shirts, neo-Nazis, xenophobes, or idiots simply because they wouldn't vote for the Democrat and are opposed to the tens of thousands of unskilled, uneducated, illegal aliens flooding the border every month. This will energize the biggest voting bloc in the country to turn out at the polls.

Anybody else care to contribute?

Old 05-11-2019, 07:23 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
People still don't want what the status quo insiders offer !!! The outsider has proved himself by putting America first in words and policy. Its working !!!

Old 05-11-2019, 07:37 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
The Dims have no new ideas that haven't been thoroughly proven failures and I haven't seen any charismatic candidates on their side other than fake news generated enthusiasm...hence, Trump's going to be Prez till 2025.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:53 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Trump will win again because Americans don't want more of the same that both parties have been 'giving' us for the past several election cycles.

Trump has offered something that we have memories of, yet that seemed to have gone by the wayside.

Respect as Americans
The fact that they work for us, the taxpayers, not the other way around.

He has given us support as Americans in that he is putting us first and not apologizing for being Americans.

He has shown that we are to remain strong, powerful yet compassionate when it is warranted.

We are a great nation of people who will do what we can to help others, but we won't be bullied and forced into it by greedy leaders of other nations.

He has, just by being who he is, exposed the radical leftist and RINOs for what they are.

We as Americans are attacked and criticized for loving our country and for wanting what is best for our people and leftists call us racists and bigots if we want her protected from allowing just anyone who might be MS13 or other criminals, without them being vetted, from other countries.

President Trump knows that this is a tactic by the left and says so. He doesn't kowtow.

That's why he won in 2016 and will win in 2020.

The leftists will tear this post apart and I don't give a sh*t. TRUMP/2020

Old 05-11-2019, 08:02 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Yes, Trump will win again but it's because of the culture war. Opposition to and anger about abortion, LGBT rights, legalization of "recreational drugs," and reaffirming our country's "Judeo-Christian" heritage and values run the show in this country today. Us progressives are simply going to have to wait for this era to pass and it will, just like the Moral Majority did when the 80s became the 90s.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:07 AM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Trump already has a 46% Gallup approval rating. And he's not even in campaign mode yet.
Earlier in his Presidency it was 33%!

Old 05-11-2019, 08:41 AM

5,898 posts, read 3,899,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
1) It's the economy, stupid! Record-low unemployment, strong economic growth, roaring stock market. As long as we are around a similar point in 18 months from now, he's in.
"The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction."
--Donald J. Trump

Old 05-11-2019, 08:46 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,705,570 times
The only thing that will defeat Right-Wing Populism is to counter it with Left-Wing Populism.

There are only 2 Democratic candidates in 2020 that offer this.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
I'll have to debunk a few things here:
Firstly saying the economy is good for Trump is true but for how long can it actually last? Will we see another economic downturn, I mean many trumpeting the Trump economy said this over the Obama economy which Trump's economy isn t much different besides it being an R at 1600, not a D. The tax cuts have been questionable if they helped wages increase. Tariffs are taxes that could increase prices.

The establishment, honestly I find Trump as more of the same. He is as corrupt as he said anyone else is, it is as if he is projecting. His border policy is Obama minus the wall but to an 11. He is very much a traditional politician but the Trump supporters look the other way because he isn't Obama. If Obama or Hillary were even insinuated in the Russian meddling, y'all would criticize him and we all know it. Y'all are just loyalists to the home team and blind to shortcomings.

As for patriotism, I feel we are in another Vietnam era where if you are protesting you aren't American and we should blindly follow the president. That isn't patriotism. Patriotism is having love for your country and sometimes that means you want it to be better. I proudly take off my hat for the anthem and stand at reverence through the entire song. I also don't try to disrespect the flag like idiots that run them of the back of the truck during the rain or cat call at different parts of it.

The religious aspect. Now I don't know about you but I was raised Catholic and was forced to believe abortion was a sin regardless of it was rape, in the health and welfare of the mother or a case of incest. This was also after the lid came off the sex abuse and cover up by the dioceses. I'm sorry but many of the "most religious figures" are actually the real sinners. I think the way we look at Christianity is dated and I think we really need to love The neighbor not condemn them like too many Christians do.

As for respect, Trump doesn't respect America. If he did, he wouldn't have done what he did at the Helsinki summit. Trump will sell us out for a nickel.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:48 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Here are the Top 4 reasons Donald Trump will be selected again.
  1. Vladimir Putin
  2. Vladimir Putin
  3. Vladimir Putin
  4. Vladimir Putin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies