Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 06:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times

Advertisements

this "equality" act is crap, and is rife with potential abuse. men should be using mens locker rooms, and playing on mens teams, and women should be doing the same. i am not sorry if this offends anyones progressive sensibilities.

people wanted gay marriage, they got it, but they also got a slippery slope as well, and we pointed this out years ago that things like this would be happening, and we were excoriated for it. well now it is happening people, men using womens locker rooms, are women going to use mens locker rooms as well? is some woman who identifies as a man going to demand to use the mens locker rooms now, despite the potential for problems?

and if the inevitable happens, and that woman is raped, will it be prosecuted as sex crime? or will it be considered to be consentuall because the woman chose the mens locker room? and what happens to other rape victims? will their effort to bring rapists to justice be pushed back to the 1950s? are the courts going to stop believing real rape victims?

or what happens if one of these "men" that identifies as a woman rapes a woman in the womans locker room? is it still rape? again will the perception of what is rape regress to the 1950s as well?

well progressives, you wanted this slippery slope, and now you have it. will you foment outrage when the inevitable crimes happen as a result of this nonsense? or will you fake your outrage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 07:09 PM

21,422 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, so we want to keep men out of women's locker rooms?

Do we now want to keep female reporters out of men's locker rooms, or is that still "different"?
I’d be fine with that. I always thought it was inappropriate. But let’s be honest, no woman in a sports locker room is going to harm a man. This equality act would have these “women” in domestic abuse shelters and prisons with females. Mentally ill people with the strength and anatomy of biological men. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:32 PM

45,398 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not my idea, but it is presented by the left as necessary for equality.

For the record, I don't think any man should be in a women's locker room, regardless of how they feel about themselves.

I also don't believe that female reporters should be allowed into a men's locker room, but we made a special rule for them.

So, the question becomes, why is an equivalent act of intrusion OK in one case but not the other?

Women good, men bad?
I understand your point... I wouldn't necessarily use this in the way you did as the springboard to your argument. It's not a good look.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:38 PM

15,499 posts, read 10,440,480 times
"Under this bill, men and boys will take away women’s small business grants and hard-won spots on sports teams; they will be allowed to live in women’s domestic violence shelters and use our locker rooms. And united as women, we are just not going to stand for it."

Well I'm not going to stand for it either. The sport team stuff really makes me mad. Also, not thrilled about penises in our bathrooms.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,388,186 times
Now, if a guy wants to do something frisky to a woman in a bathroom and they both consenting adults, do it at home not in public!

Old 05-12-2019, 05:46 AM

45,398 posts, read 26,983,057 times
More...

College Course Teaches Lesson on Infant, Child, and Adolescent Sexuality

In the instructor's Guide to the textbook...

Take the class to a local elementary school playground, or ask permission for a few of your students to attend various school playgrounds, preschools, or daycare centers during recess to observe behaviors of children. Ask students to note interactions between same-sex and mixed-sex groups. Which group was more frequent? Which behaviors were most frequent? What kind of touching did children engage in? What about teasing behaviors? Were there any overtly sexual interactions? What was the age range of the children being observed? Have students write a report comparing their observations with information in the text.

If an old guy sat on a park bench and watched kids with a focus on some sort of sexuality, he would be labeled a pervert... yet this professor is teaching this?

Then there's this with regards to normalizing this behavior.

In 2009, the United Nation’s Economic, Social and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) published a 98-page report that included curricula for children between the ages of five and 18 that encouraged teaching children as young as five about masturbation and “gender roles, stereotypes and gender-based violence.”

UNESCO later published a report entitled “International Technical Guidance on Sexuality Education,” wherein they wrote, “It is never too early to start talking to children about sexual matters.”

That report also said that parents should refrain from teaching children about morality, as there are no right and wrong values, and asks parents to encourage children to “experience genital pleasure” from birth until age two, and by age three, to encourage “sex play.”

In 2011, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website was discovered to describe children and infants as “sexual beings” in its “Questions and Answers About Sex” section:
Children are human beings and therefore sexual beings. It's hard for parents to acknowledge this, just as it's hard for kids to think of their parents as sexually active. But even infants have curiosity about their own bodies, which is healthy and normal.

Here it is to see. The goal is sex without the boundaries of right and wrong. You remove the boundaries and it's all fair game. Sex w/ kids - approved, because there are no moral boundaries. What? ... it damages the kids and scars their lives? No - that's just those intolerant Christians and conservatives who hate you and are stuck in the dark ages.

These are deviant people pushing this stuff.

Old 05-12-2019, 11:18 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
Don't know what "gender" you are? Look in your underwear. If ya got a di*k, you're not a chick. It ain't that difficult.

You're welcome.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:00 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I understand your point... I wouldn't necessarily use this in the way you did as the springboard to your argument. It's not a good look.
If the underlying principle is valid, it produces consistent results in every case.

Women in men's locker rooms ought to be just as objectionable as men in women's locker rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies