Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 04:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,607,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No. There is no debate that drugs are linked to worsening and onset of mental illness. None. This is decades old well-established fact. From NIH: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811144/

PS: face eater boy is pleading insanity. He’s the one who had a psychotic break after smoking pot and killed and ate two people.
How silly. "Fact" from the Government who imprisions millions for drugs, actually dealed and transported them (CIA in Central America) and that created racist policies and false narratives so that the wrong people couldn't use their drug of choice!

Let's just leave it at this. You believe whatever company line is fed to you. Many of us know better.

I'll leave you with a quote or two:

"'Taking LSD was a profound experience, one of the most important things in my life. LSD shows you that there's another side to the coin" - Steve Jobs (talk about "losing jobs to drug...ha ha!)....

William James also has the distinction of being the first western philosopher to comment on psychedelic drugs. In his book The Varieties of Religious Experience he related his experimental taking of nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and ether. He also took peyote, chloral hydrate, and alkyl nitrites for similar experiments into altered states.

How did this affect his work?

His drug use reflects a lifelong interest in mysticism and in many ways promoted his efforts in that area. He explained that by warping his consciousness he was better able to grasp the idea of religious experiences as altered states of consciousness as well."

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2018...silicon-valley

"The use of hallucinogenic drugs in Silicon Valley is not new. But more and more, the use of such drugs has become mainstream — and prevalent — even among those in the C-suite.

Here & Now's Jeremy Hobson talks with Kara Swisher (@karaswisher) of Recode, who recently wrote about her experience being offered drugs by some of the biggest leaders in tech."

----------------things are not as they seem, but you may never travel to the promised land.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:01 PM

88,713 posts, read 44,496,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So do morbidly obese people - but "conservatives" almost died on the spot when someone suggested curtailing 64 OZ single servings.
That's because it affected all, and not only prohibited for the obese.

Quote:
What you should be concerned with is the just announced falling birth rate! Turns out young people don't want to bring children into the new Right Wing USA....no health care, low wages, lifetime of debt, no pensions, etc.

Not a surprise.
There's no reason why the ponzi scheme of increasing the population even has to happen. Some will claim that increasing population is needed to fund SS and Medicare, but they're adding only under-educated, no/low-skill, and low-income illegal immigrants to try to "fix" what they perceive to be a problem.

Here's a clue... Low income earners will NOT be able to support the SS and Medicare ponzi schemes. They simple DON'T pay enough taxes to do so.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:41 PM

15,483 posts, read 10,419,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
LOL - like that has anything to do with anything.
You are going to have even more bums now, have fun.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:50 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,323,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
You are going to have even more bums now, have fun.
We'll be just fine. Thank you for your concern.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:54 PM

29,974 posts, read 11,560,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
John Hickenlooper won't be banning anything in CO, because he vacated the seat of the governor, and is now running for president. The new guy is a raving liberal, pro-gay (he is gay himself), pro-drugs and pro-everything.

Pro everything? Perhaps the best thing the government can do is stay out of the way and let people personally decide what they want and what is best for them?

Old 05-16-2019, 05:44 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,815,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So why even risk that 100% to 300% increase? Can taxpayers afford to fund the additional public assistance and Medicaid bills? Psychotics can't get and keep jobs. They need to be financially supported by the taxpayers.
Can you read? I already explained why in the first post you responded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Nah I absolutely believe in drawing conclusions based on the best available data, not only that but I believe most likely the studies are accurate. I am saying it is not a large enough problem to justify the problems caused by it being illegal.

A marginal increase of the chances of an already tiny subset of the population to develop additional mental problems. So a small percentage increase of an already tiny group that results in... still a tiny group rate. The wide ranging damage to peoples lives from issues related to the punitive actions of the government triggered by it being illegal cause vastly more harm than a small increase in the mental health problems resulting from its use.

In short, if 1 person in a million has a chance to go crazy, and legalizing some thing increase the odds of that by 400% (so now 4 more people in a million go crazy), but you are currently locking up 1000 people in a million to stop it, your priorities are out of whack.
If that's too difficult for you to parse try this:

Drug illegal cause much big problems, cost much big tax dollar.
Drug legal cause smaller problem, let make more tax dollar from tax on drug than smaller problems cost.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:06 PM

2,034 posts, read 873,572 times
Below are a few citations from an essay that astronomer Carl Sagan wrote in 1969 for Marihuana Reconsidered, a book published by Dr. Lester Grinspoon. At that time Sagan was 35 years old. He continued using cannabis for the rest of his life.

"The cannabis experience has greatly improved my appreciation for art, a subject which I had never much appreciated before. The understanding of the intent of the artist which I can achieve when high sometimes carries over to when I'm down. This is one of many human frontiers which cannabis has helped me traverse."

"A very similar improvement in my appreciation of music has occurred with cannabis. For the first time I have been able to hear the separate parts of a three-part harmony and the richness of the counterpoint. I have since discovered that professional musicians can quite easily keep many separate parts going simultaneously in their heads, but this was the first time for me.

"Again, the learning experience when high has at least to some extent carried over when I'm down. The enjoyment of food is amplified; tastes and aromas emerge that for some reason we ordinarily seem to be too busy to notice. I am able to give my full attention to the sensation. A potato will have a texture, a body, and taste like that of other potatoes, but much more so."

"Cannabis also enhances the enjoyment of sex - on the one hand it gives an exquisite sensitivity, but on the other hand it postpones orgasm: in part by distracting me with the profusion of image passing before my eyes. The actual duration of orgasm seems to lengthen greatly, but this may be the usual experience of time expansion which comes with cannabis smoking."

"I do not consider myself a religious person in the usual sense, but there is a religious aspect to some highs. The heightened sensitivity in all areas gives me a feeling of communion with my surroundings, both animate and inanimate."

"When I'm high I can penetrate into the past, recall childhood memories, friends, relatives, playthings, streets, smells, sounds, and tastes from a vanished era. I can reconstruct the actual occurrences in childhood events only half understood at the time. Many but not all my cannabis trips have somewhere in them a symbolism significant to me which I won't attempt to describe here, a kind of mandala embossed on the high. Free-associating to this mandala, both visually and as plays on words, has produced a very rich array of insights."

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

https://azarius.net/news/306/Carl_Sa...y_on_cannabis/

"we have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that." ~ Sanjay Gupta

Truth.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:14 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,557,678 times
Well said Mr Sagan -getting high off weed, is as spiritual as anything else

Old 05-21-2019, 02:16 PM

16,871 posts, read 10,523,078 times
I read recently that medical professionals are alarmed at the spike in pediatric pot overdoses in “legal” weed states through ingestion of pot-laced edible gummy bears and gummy worms. Very sad.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:35 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,508,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I read recently that medical professionals are alarmed at the spike in pediatric pot overdoses in “legal” weed states through ingestion of pot-laced edible gummy bears and gummy worms. Very sad.
Uh huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies