Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 11:20 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Really? You absolutely sure on that?
It's keeping a lot of people arrested as we speak. So, yes.

In fact, Sessions put out memos telling bankers they could be heavily penalized or shut down if they transacted even state legal MaryJane.

The states with the harshest pot laws are AR, FL and GA - all red controlled states.

Let's at least be real here. The current War on Drugs is fought harder on one side than the other...and that side wears Red jerseys.

We can't make up our own facts. EVERY state where Pot is legal (rec) is Blue, Purple or a Libertarian outlier (Alaska, in that case). 10 out of 10. If you add the populations of these states together situation is ever more clear.

The GOP will come along kicking and screaming - but not until they ruin the lives of millions more.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:29 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Pot and AGW.......both make people paranoid.....hmmmm.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:37 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Pot and AGW.......both make people paranoid.....hmmmm.
Pot paranoia is a useful aspect for a substance, that can result in arrest for it's use.

I don't think I've experienced paranoia with pot, not related to the possibility of the State acting in a bullying and violent manner.

I see pot paranoia, as heightened reality

Old 05-13-2019, 11:39 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

In fact, Sessions put out memos telling bankers they could be heavily penalized or shut down if they transacted even state legal MaryJane.

The states with the harshest pot laws are AR, FL and GA - all red controlled states.

Let's at least be real here. The current War on Drugs is fought harder on one side than the other...and that side wears Red jerseys.

We can't make up our own facts. EVERY state where Pot is legal (rec) is Blue, Purple or a Libertarian outlier (Alaska, in that case). 10 out of 10. If you add the populations of these states together situation is ever more clear.

The GOP will come along kicking and screaming - but not until they ruin the lives of millions more.
LOL Keibler elf is gone. He was alot of nothing really.
Literally the way he was talked up... I was under the impression that dog would bark and bite. Pfft.

I've never seen a more docile more do nothing in my life. Here I was thinking he was bringing hell fire and brimstone. Pfft.
Nothing.

As for your assessment on red team only opposing it...
You watch and see when you start talking about money.
That attitude changes or you get crickets in the room followed by blank states and the occasional You know what. Dudes right.

You want GOP to support something?
Money.
Talk money.
Talk reducing .gov expense.
They'll support it in a heart beat.

As for the moral busy bodies. Do what I do. Wear a shirt with a picture of Jesus smoking a joint that says man made liquor I made pot.

Oh that really gets some feelz hurt.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:59 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Its always easy to find "facts" that support one side of the story, but sometimes reality has a way of creeping in regardless.

Top GOP Congressman Presses Democratic Majority To Pass Marijuana Bill

Quote:
The U.S. House's top Republican on criminal justice issues is calling on the new Democratic majority to pass legislation to let states legalize marijuana without federal interference.
Quote:
More than 30 states and the District of Columbia have legalized the medicinal and/or recreational use of cannabis. Other states have opted to decriminalize cannabis possession, or to legalize the consumption of certain cannabis-derived extracts.
Quote:
The STATES Act was introduced in both the House and Senate on Thursday. If enacted, it would block the federal government from punishing people for actions that are in compliance with state laws "relating to the manufacture, production, possession, distribution, dispensation, administration or delivery" of marijuana.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:11 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Its always easy to find "facts" that support one side of the story, but sometimes reality has a way of creeping in regardless.

Top GOP Congressman Presses Democratic Majority To Pass Marijuana Bill
But it is only now that this is even possible. That is because Pete Sessions of Dallas County, TX, was voted out late last year. In some ways, he was a bigger roadblock to legalization than Jeff Sessions was (no relation). Pete Sessions was rabidly anti-marijuana, and had position as a republican committee chairman that allowed him to kill bills before they ever made it to the floor for debate, which he did to every single marijuana related bill that ever crossed his desk.

He was an 11-term career politician who is now history, replaced by a democrat. So now marijuana related bills will at least have a chance to get heard on the floor.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:16 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
What problems are those?

I was just going to comment that here we are, a full 7 years after legalization in Colorado, and if you were to visit the Colorado forums on CD, you would find that marijuana related posts have died down to almost nothing. Not only did the sky not fall here, but underneath the visible surface a lot of positives have taken place:

Jail cells now available for real criminals
No more homes and cars being seized for the possession of a plant
No more families torn apart because their kids were removed from a warm and loving home
No more lives and careers ruined because of being pinned a criminal for the use of a plant
Small towns on the verge of collapse now getting spruced up
Less money flowing to cartels
And about 100 other things I could list which are repercussions of The War on Drugs

Repeated polls here in Colorado show that if it were put to a vote again, the overwhelming majority (80%) would vote for it to remain legalized. That's because it has solved so many more problems than were created. How can that possibly be true if "Colorado didn't have enough problems"?

In fact, the most frequent complaint by far is the number of homeless caused by a huge influx of people who didn't plan properly and thought they could find a job. All the legal states are experiencing that problem, which will obviously ease as the draconian laws of the east and Midwest become the exception rather than the rule. It is certainly not a valid reason to keep prohibition in place, and in fact it is prohibition that is causing that particular problem.

But of course, you don't care about the reality of the issue, so never mind, lol.
Swelling dropout rates, flooded EDs, DUIs, and at least one dead baby.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:18 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
But it is only now that this is even possible. That is because Pete Sessions of Dallas County, TX, was voted out late last year. In some ways, he was a bigger roadblock to legalization than Jeff Sessions was (no relation). Pete Sessions was rabidly anti-marijuana, and had position as a republican committee chairman that allowed him to kill bills before they ever made it to the floor for debate, which he did to every single marijuana related bill that ever crossed his desk.

He was an 11-term career politician who is now history, replaced by a democrat. So now marijuana related bills will at least have a chance to get heard on the floor.
I don't really care about the "but now" because, well now is now, and facts are facts in the now.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Swelling dropout rates, flooded EDs, DUIs, and at least one dead baby.
Like I said, you don't care about reality. Instead of focusing on why in the world would Coloradans (and the other legal states too) overwhelmingly re-vote to keep it legal, you focus on propaganda that does not align with the reality I just stated. How do you reconcile that in your brain?

I understand, though. The brainwashing of the last 82 years worked so well that in some cases the mental block is permanent.

Last edited by Raddo; 05-13-2019 at 12:36 PM..

Old 05-13-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't really care about the "but now" because, well now is now, and facts are facts in the now.
That doesn't make any sense, because he blocked all marijuana related bills as Chairman of the House Rules Committee from 2013 to 2019, and your conclusions are based on that time period.

Now that he is gone, wipe your slate clean, and let's watch starting from now how marijuana related bills move through the House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies