Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 09:06 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán Shunned By Past POTUS Arrives At WH

Trump needs to befriend people like this so that he has someplace to go and hide after he leaves office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 09:07 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Meet DT's new BFF, and the optics just aren't good by any measure.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...use-visit-2019
Trump just loves the dictators and wannabe dictators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I went to Hungary last October and it was fabulous and we decided to return again in August....orban is killin it almost as much as Trump...great Walls always work.
Well, as a tourist, you're probably not really concerned with their vanishing free press or the proposed "slave law."

Old 05-14-2019, 02:34 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Oh this is going to be so good:

"Orbán said his government and the Trump administration were aligned on some global issues.
He said: “I would like to express that we are proud to stand together with United States on fighting against illegal migration, on terrorism, and to protect and help Christian communities all around the world.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...er-white-house

Only thing left for DT is to praise Hitler at some point during his D-Day Rainbow Tour of Europe. Saying the guy is just misunderstood but meant well.

Meanwhile from the NYT:

"A home-page article on Origo made the case that Mr. Orban’s invitation to the White House “is a clear message to the elite in Brussels” that Mr. Trump sees opportunities to strengthen trans-Atlantic relations beyond relations with Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, President Emmanuel Macron of France and Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/u...al-office.html

Old 05-14-2019, 02:41 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán Shunned By Past POTUS Arrives At WH

Trump needs to befriend people like this so that he has someplace to go and hide after he leaves office.

I'll bet that Trump has his personal Boeing 757 on constant standby.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump loves authoritarians and hates democratically elected leaders. Trump himself has real and absolute disdain for democracies and constitutional republics like our own. It is who he is. A wanna be tinpot dictator. It is why he loves Stalinist language like enemy of the people.
From a Clinton supporter? hahahahaha Talk about lack of credibility.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Conservatives love this leader because he is destroying the free press and democratic institutions.
Except conservatives didn't support Trump because he's not conservative. Not that you care about the truth.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:45 AM

8 posts, read 3,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Liberals hate this leader because he destroys the myth that diversity works.
I’m Liberal and a visible minority but I’m totally on board with what Orban’s position is re: Muslim immigration and the refugee crisis.

Given Hungary’s delicate history of suffering Jihadist military invasions and conquests, it is only natural for a leader to want to do what’s best for his people.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:56 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post

Well, as a tourist, you're probably not really concerned with their vanishing free press or the proposed "slave law."
I don't care how Hungary runs their country but from my visit, it's running really dam well. I do support their efforts to prevent the EU forcing them to take African immigratns they don't want there.

Since our "Free Press" or a pack of liars trying to destroy America, I predict their "Free Press" might be the same cabal trying to destroy them.

Heading back for another trip in August to Budapest...what a fine city!

Old 05-14-2019, 09:46 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
dictators are elected now? seems odd.

Viktor Orban: Hungary PM re-elected for third term

Old 05-14-2019, 10:06 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
dictators are elected now? seems odd.

Viktor Orban: Hungary PM re-elected for third term
Only if you don't like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies