Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 06:22 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,895,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What if the scope of what's considered a hate crime HASN'T expanded? What then? What do you have to say?
Perhaps it would help if some folks would stop being 'political tools'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 06:52 AM

72,865 posts, read 62,315,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Perhaps it would help if some folks would stop being 'political tools'?
I wouldn't say they are political "tools". Some persons just behave like this because they just don't care.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,385,498 times
Quote:
Hate crimes rose by 226 percent in counties where Trump hosted campaign rallies in 2016

Hardly a surprise. Violent liberal activists went to virtually every Trump rally and committed hate crimes against attendies. It's no wonder that hate crimes doubled when they were there.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:07 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I'm just curious about the rebuttal Trump supporters are going to come up with in regard to this study. You often hear them praise Trump as the most peaceful, loving, altruistic president ever, but they never seem to understand that much of the country sees his rhetoric differently. Personally, I think he ran a vile campaign - hitting the low point when he mocked the disabled NYT reporter Serge Kovaleski. It doesn't surprise me that you find a statistically significant effect of Trump rallies on hate crimes.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...es-where-trump

I challenge any Trump supporter to find a statistical/mathematical study that counters this evidence.
Someone made something up and you fell for it. I challenge you to use your head and think.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:09 AM

2,799 posts, read 2,252,769 times
Does anyone have a copy of the actual study? I can't find it online?

Without knowing anything about the study I basically come in:
1) Believing that Trump has certainly elevated social conflict.
2) Believing that it is very likely this has spilled over into people actually committing hate crimes.
3) But, also skeptical of social science research which tends to 1) have lots of issues with data/controls 2) be dominated by liberals which can influence the types of questions that get asked and how the results are interpreted.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:24 AM

50,137 posts, read 46,774,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the actual study? I can't find it online?

Without knowing anything about the study I basically come in:
1) Believing that Trump has certainly elevated social conflict.
2) Believing that it is very likely this has spilled over into people actually committing hate crimes.
3) But, also skeptical of social science research which tends to 1) have lots of issues with data/controls 2) be dominated by liberals which can influence the types of questions that get asked and how the results are interpreted.
Data? We don't need no stinkin data......

Old 05-14-2019, 07:31 AM

2,923 posts, read 972,779 times
let me guess, they consulted with the SPLC?

Old 05-14-2019, 07:32 AM

2,923 posts, read 972,779 times
Quote:
I'm just curious about the rebuttal Trump supporters are going to come up with in regard to this study. You often hear them praise Trump as the most peaceful, loving, altruistic president ever, but they never seem to understand that much of the country sees his rhetoric differently. Personally, I think he ran a vile campaign - hitting the low point when he mocked the disabled NYT reporter Serge Kovaleski. It doesn't surprise me that you find a statistically significant effect of Trump rallies on hate crimes.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...es-where-trump

I challenge any Trump supporter to find a statistical/mathematical study that counters this evidence.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure their all disabled at the NYT

Old 05-14-2019, 07:49 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,895,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wouldn't say they are political "tools". Some persons just behave like this because they just don't care.
I guess you're right. Some are being used as political tools, & some don't care they're being used as political tools.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:09 AM

18,554 posts, read 7,317,149 times
Quote:
I'm just curious about the rebuttal Trump supporters are going to come up with in regard to this study.
1. Among government statistics, "hate crime" statistics are probably the most bogus, aklthough here they are using stats from teh ADL, which is a far-Left organization that LITERALLY INVENTED the concept of "hate crime" for the specific purpose of manufacturing anti-white/anti-conservative propaganda.

2. Why would we think that the "hate crimes" were committed by Trump supporters rather than against them?

In other words, typically stupid and dishonest fake news from the Left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies