Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 10:01 PM

19,907 posts, read 8,801,201 times

Advertisements

Biden has a kiddy problem. Trump likes the finer things in life. No comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 10:01 PM

15,582 posts, read 7,465,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Unfortunately this country can't come up with any one any better ... we have made our bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
It's a damn shame. 330,000,000 or so people and this is the best we've got?
Some one other than me said this, however, I haven't been able to find and give proper credit to 'em since I saw it and read it ... "If a society wants a moral and ethical government, they must raise one."

I've also heard it said that the most moral and ethical person would be hard pressed to stay that way, when given a position of power as the temptation is great. I believe that to be true, too.

So yea --- I don't know if it will ever get any better than this, though I try to remain optimistic.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:29 PM

1,986 posts, read 735,342 times
Quote:
Some women know a pig when they see one.

Trump, Who Once Said He Liked To Grab Women “By the *****,” Mocks Biden Over Recent Allegations

"Trump’s alleged misconduct came to a head and nearly derailed his presidential campaign after the Washington Post published a 2005 recording of him bragging about groping women without their consent. “Grab them by the *****,” Trump is heard saying in the recording. “You can do anything.”"
No where in the recording did he say, without consent. No matter how inappropriate, he was referring to how celebrities can grab em and women don’t care, they will let them. But you know that. Like so much spin on Trump words are added that were never said

Old 05-13-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Some women know a pig when they see one.

Trump, Who Once Said He Liked To Grab Women “By the *****,” Mocks Biden Over Recent Allegations

"Trump’s alleged misconduct came to a head and nearly derailed his presidential campaign after the Washington Post published a 2005 recording of him bragging about groping women without their consent. “Grab them by the *****,” Trump is heard saying in the recording. “You can do anything.”"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
No where in the recording did he say, without consent. No matter how inappropriate, he was referring to how celebrities can grab em and women don’t care, they will let them. But you know that. Like so much spin on Trump words are added that were never said
Yea, see, that's the thing. I'm old. Old enough to remember the 80's. The Trump 80's too. And Trump in the 80's and the people not liking the Trump in the 80's.

I think we were still spinning out from the 60's sexual revolution ... still

If you still think that his behavior is appropriate, just know women ... Men can make women's skin crawl, women just don't react to it, that's all. It is a defense mechanism. We still know a pig when we see one. So yes, he is still going to have a problem with women's votes.

See that's the thing about the 2016 election. Two of the most disliked people in America ran for POTUS and one of them won. That says a lot for how we're doing and it isn't good.

However, in the 70's as a teenager I listened to preachers preach how America would one day fall. Could be .. it's time. We've certainly lasted longer than Rome.

I know if Trump keeps going willy nilly like he's doing, playing with fire, the u.s is liable to get burnt; interesting enough there doesn't seem to be a darn thing any one can do about it, but watch it happen.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:47 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,811,343 times
Quote:
The lefties know that. It's just that this is all they've got.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The lefties know that. It's just that this is all they've got.
It's par ... this isn't left or right, nor an R or a D ... this is us and how we see things differently now, than we did say, as little as 35 years ago

The powerful way that 'normalisation' shapes our world

"“My campaign is not going to let Donald Trump try to normalise himself,” vowed Hilary Clinton, Trump's Democratic opponent in the US presidential race, during her election campaign. There were particular concerns around his comments about women, for instance – with fears that it would lead to a greater acceptance of misogyny.
<snip>
Research in recent years has found that many other behaviours and attitudes can be normalised with apparent ease – and not only in politics. In every realm of our lives – whether it's at work or at home – normalisation can have a complex but hidden influence on our beliefs and decisions."

If Trump would have run for president at any other time in our history, he would not have won, based on his character alone he would have been disqualified.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:00 AM

37,042 posts, read 41,972,100 times
What's his woman problem? I'm ok with him.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:18 AM

16,934 posts, read 12,480,863 times
Will be pale in comparison to the "Dem Party nominee too liberal for the centrists who might vote for the Dem" problem.

The middle who can go either way on the voting will look at the crass narcissist they know vs. the guy promising huge tax increases and "free" everything, hold their nose, and vote orange again.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:40 AM

29,935 posts, read 18,491,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Despite the decent economy so far, President Donald Trump has a woman problem.

How does he fix this?

White men are not the only group that can help him.
All the women I know are Trump supporters, as they do not want to be led back to medieval times through liberalism, like their friends, the Muslims, would like to do.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:40 AM

6,709 posts, read 4,360,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy
No where in the recording did he say, without consent. No matter how inappropriate, he was referring to how celebrities can grab em and women don’t care, they will let them. But you know that. Like so much spin on Trump words are added that were never said.

Just the fact that Trump even acknowledges this, means he is ok with it. Thats what he meant. Growing up with a silver spoon in his mouth and his father giving him millions. He is one of those, Im entitled to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies