Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 06:32 AM

30,146 posts, read 11,783,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
That would be a good thing. Them moving to an island. Problem is that they don't want to move to an island. They want minorities to move to that island,

You said: "when it turns to violence or harming others in some way: Google and you will find more.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...rumps-election

I am aware that some of these people have done violent things. There are Muslims that have done violent things. When that happens no matter what their beliefs are they need to be punished. I am sure the FBI is monitoring these white nationalists like they are radical Muslims and they can stop most of these people before they strike.

But for someone to simply have extreme views who is otherwise not breaking the law, what is the solution? It seems to me you are so opposed to these people's beliefs that you want them punished simply for believing what they do. I don't agree with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 06:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Supremacy and superiority are not the same thing. And, of course, most of them will advocate white separatism. They want autonomy and self-determination. They don't want to rule over others.

I don't get your point.

You don't "get it" because you're being willfully ignorant.

"Separatism" is not analogous to self-determination and autonomy in this context and you damned well know it.

Stop being an apologist.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Just about anyone can be called a white national, the left especially. They want an all powerful state which controls every aspect of the peoples lives and the ones dictating the orders and pulling the strings are all white( and obscenely wealthy). Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, the Rothchilds, the Rockefellers.

You obviously don't understand the definition of "white nationalist" in the context of this discussion. Hint: it has absolutely nothing to do with statism, per se.

You can be white and be a nationalist without being a "white nationalist". Those attempts at word games are at the same intellectual level of saying "You know a boy who is your friend, so you have a boyfriend."

Old 05-16-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am aware that some of these people have done violent things. There are Muslims that have done violent things. When that happens no matter what their beliefs are they need to be punished. I am sure the FBI is monitoring these white nationalists like they are radical Muslims and they can stop most of these people before they strike.

But for someone to simply have extreme views who is otherwise not breaking the law, what is the solution? It seems to me you are so opposed to these people's beliefs that you want them punished simply for believing what they do. I don't agree with that.

And that seems like projection to me.

I haven't seen anyone advocating for punishing anyone for believing white nationalism is a good thing, beyond denouncing that position.

Maybe I missed it?

Old 05-16-2019, 07:06 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
The problem with your theory is that it is liberals most diminishing the true meaning of the word. Remember it was the liberal academics that have actually tried to redefine the word such that Blacks cannot be racist by definition. It is the Liberals calling racism at any opportunity like this week with the women eating food on the DC train - "eating while black" So if your theory was true, why are liberals helping out so much to put it into practice?

To be honest, your post drips with racism. You make the claim that white conservatives have multiple endemic dysfunctions. That would be racism if a white person said it about a black person wouldn't it?

I can't accept your liberal causation.....just on your word and because you say its so. Which liberal defined racism to exclude blacks? We all have access to dictionaries. You know.....that publication that defines terms used in our language.

Here is the thing. Whites collectively, as the majority demographic with disproportionate control over the money supply and job supply, to impact the lives of black people that black people have no such offsetting power. What is the term for that? Consequently, since actions beget reactions, black racism is tantamount to blacks punishing themselves, because if blacks hit out at whites, whites will hit back and their collective POWER would inflict a much more damaging blow to blacks. Ergo, blacks cannot collectively benefit from being racist against whites in the way whites can collectively benefit by being racist against blacks. I mean....what are black people going to do to hurt whites.....kneel at football games during the national anthem? Thus, what do you call this? Blacks certainly can't have the effect upon whites, collectively, in the way whites can have an impact upon blacks collectively. Again, what is that called? Whatever it is called, you can't say blacks are guilty of it as much as whites are.

When you want to find the "who done it", you follow the tried and true detective approach of seeking the entity that has MOTIVE, MEANS and OPPORTUNITY. Thus, who has the motive, means and opportunity to devalue or de-legitimize racism? Answer: Racist....and or white conservatives.

MOTIVE: Racist and conservatives need racism downplayed to play up inferiority/personal dysfunction as the cause of black socioeconomic inequality. Conservatives believe that people are poor in America mostly as a result of poor choice making, lack of personal responsibility, personal dysfunctions, etc. Hence, the black poverty rate being 3 times the rate of whites has to be interpreted as blacks being poorer choice makers, being more personally irresponsible and more dysfunctional AS A RESULT OF THEIR NATURE. This also works for the Racist who essentially believe that BLACKS ARE AN INFERIOR RACE OF PEOPLE. Thus, poorer choices making (because they are less intelligent), more irresponsible behavior, more violence, et.....can't be linked to RACISM past or present or it would destroy the foundation of the conservatives and racist narrative.

Also, and equally as important, being seen as a racist today carries an ugly stigma. No one wants to see themselves as a racist and they don't want others to see or accuse them of being a racist. Thus, a big motive of racist is to not see themselves as racist and not have others see them as racist. This takes us to the MEANS in which they seek to achieve this end of.

MEANS: I have touched on the means in my previous post. The MEANS of not seeing oneself as racist and keeping others from seeing you as racist, is to DISCREDIT the use of the term and put people who use the term or make the accusation on the defensive. They do this by selection bias. They seek out all incidence where racism is falsely claimed or some absurd obscure examples of racism being claimed of things obviously not racism. They themselves also will use the term racist against those who seek to expose racism. How many times does talking about the history of how blacks have been impacted by white racism get the messenger called a racist on this forum? Conservatives and racist frequently misuse the term because they want to put those exposing racism on the defensive. Thus, now its white conservatives leading the propaganda movement that is saying "The word is now meaningless". If the word is now meaningless, they can be racist and it mean nothing. When they were racist and the word meant something....they would feel ostracized and faced possible cost. Thus, those who are racist and those accused the most of being racist (conservatives) most from the word no longer having a meaning. Now when a person gets rightly accused of racism, they can say..."They make EVERYTHING out to be racism. This is just another example. You are not going to believe this are you?".

OPPORTUNITY: Rightt Wing talk radio, Fox News, online forums like CD, et al.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:13 AM

30,146 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And that seems like projection to me.

I haven't seen anyone advocating for punishing anyone for believing white nationalism is a good thing, beyond denouncing that position.

Maybe I missed it?
Many want to label white nationalists as terror organizations and that would make being part of a white nationalist group a crime.

https://north99.org/sign-the-petitio...entities-list/

https://foreignaffairs.house.gov/201...onal-terrorism

In fact in the CNN story the word terrorist was used 8 times in describing white nationalists. And it is funny that those who abhorred using Islamic or Muslim in the same sentence as terrorist because it unfairly connected the religion to terrorism have no problem adding white to terrorism. Especially when only a few thousand out of what 200 million white people believe their garbage.

Look at the thread title:

Fighting White NATIONALISM!!!!!!!

Perhaps I did not get the correct amount of exclamation points, sorry. I would say fighting and denouncing are two different things.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-16-2019 at 07:28 AM..

Old 05-16-2019, 07:37 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt.

Roosevelt would probably be considered a white nationalist by today's woke left. If disliking that there are special privileges and protections for hyphenated americans when we all should just be equal Americans makes me a "white nationalist", well then so be it.
without a doubt. Roosevelt wanted a fair, cohesive country. the 'woke' left wants a balkanized mess where claiming imagined victim status takes highest priority.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:40 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

I have not mentioned punishing anyone. You have ignored my post that Education is the only option.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
without a doubt. Roosevelt wanted a fair, cohesive country. The 'woke' left wants a balkanized mess where claiming imagined victim status takes highest priority.
total bs

Old 05-16-2019, 07:44 AM

I can see that all of these "I am White and I am the only one that is right" are in for a rude awakening when 2045 gets here and whites are in the minority
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies