Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 07:11 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Israel has a strong economy, plenty of soldiers, Mossad, the bomb, ...

So why are we sending them billions?

U.S. will hit our debt ceiling again in a couple months. Seems like we should be coming up with a way to deal with that instead sending money to a nation that can support itself.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:21 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
It's rare to see so much nonsense packed into one short post.

The only effect that Hamas putting down their weapons would have is peace. On the other hand, if Israel threw every last bullet it had into the sea there would be a second Holocaust.

"annihilating people of the occupied areas"??? How can people be "annihilated" if their population has increased by over 300%?!?

You "support the people of Israel but not the ZIONISTS"? Do you even know what Zionism means? It's the "movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel". https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Zionism The overwhelming majority of Israeli Jews, from the left to the right, are self-defined Zionists.
So how can you claim to support Israel and the Israeli people and yet oppose Zionism?

Yes, I know and understand. I reject your attempt to degrade me.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:30 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
As long as Hamas controls Gaza it is IMPOSSIBLE for any agreement toward peace between Israel and the Palestinian Authority to survive. Hamas, at will, will shower Israeli cities and towns with missiles. As it does now. Starting wars cannot coexist with negotiating or maintaining an agreement towards peace.

Hamas openly and regularly declares its goal of destroying Israel. No matter how many more generations are condemned to war. Israel's mere existence is a causus belli. Do you not know that? The end of the terror armies Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad IS a prerequisite to peace. I don't understand how you can believe otherwise.
Not sure I can explain why I believe what I do any better than I have, so maybe consider my comments about this and tell me what part of my explanation doesn't make sense to you.

Last edited by LearnMe; 07-18-2019 at 09:53 AM..

Old 07-18-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
What did enforcing the U.N.'s injunction on Iraq to disarm have to do with Israel? Whether or not Saddam possessed WMD's he boasted that he did. What would happen to you if you boasted of having a bomb in an airport? Hint, they would not have the burden of proving that you're a boaster.
Of course the entire invasion of Iraq involves another host of issues that can debated to the end of days, but I think anyone who knows the history and relationship between Israel and some of these other ME countries the United States has engaged militarily can easily consider those engagements something of a "win" for Israel too, contrary to the notion the US has never sent "an Army to assist Israel?"

The US has done much across the board "to assist Israel" including military engagement, either directly or indirectly.

In these ways as well, the United States has helped Israel to become what Israel is today. Right or wrong, the facts simply point to the fact that Israel has never really been independent in terms of her pursuit of self-determination. That's all...

Old 07-18-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Omar had a point.
I am a little embarrassed to admit I didn't know until reading about this that the United States has laws banning the boycott of Israel. How, when and why did that happen? Doesn't even sound constitutional. Do we have similar laws preventing the boycott of any other country?

Old 07-18-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
One gets to the negotiating table the way Anwar Sadat did in November 1977; by inviting yourself to it and being serious.
As we all know, there have been many attempts by many parties to simply "set the table" for peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians. No question about the invitation(s). The issue has been one of accepting them, without the stubborn resistance hidden behind every damn excuse to shamelessly decline while also making the prospect of peace all the more distant with ongoing aggressive actions that certainly don't help matters any. To say the least...

Old 07-18-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Your anti-Semitism is quite clear, that's why I thought with your screenname you were a Dearborn Arab Muslim.

Though many black radicals are anti-Semitic as well.
AntiSemitism is defined as follows: hostility to or prejudice against Jews.

Not to be confused as you seem to be, with criticism of Israeli policy and/or Zionism.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:00 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Of course the entire invasion of Iraq involves another host of issues that can debated to the end of days, but I think anyone who knows the history and relationship between Israel and some of these other ME countries the United States has engaged militarily can easily consider those engagements something of a "win" for Israel too, contrary to the notion the US has never sent "an Army to assist Israel?"

The US has done much across the board "to assist Israel" including military engagement, either directly or indirectly.

In these ways as well, the United States has helped Israel to become what Israel is today. Right or wrong, the facts simply point to the fact that Israel has never really been independent in terms of her pursuit of self-determination. That's all...
Invading Iraq only makes sense in terms of supporting Israel.

It was a moneymaker for Halliburton, Blackwater (or whatever it is called now), etc., for sure.

But any invasion would have done that.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:05 AM

4,904 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Quote:
I am a little embarrassed to admit I didn't know until reading about this that the United States has laws banning the boycott of Israel. How, when and why did that happen? Doesn't even sound constitutional. Do we have similar laws preventing the boycott of any other country?
It isn't constitutional.

Which is why free speech/1st Amendment rights are slowly crumbling away...

Last edited by Lycanmaster; 07-18-2019 at 11:14 AM..

Old 07-18-2019, 02:04 PM

714 posts, read 356,608 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
It isn't constitutional.

Which is why free speech/1st Amendment rights are slowly crumbling away...
I don't know if you people are feigning astonishment (at something that does not exist) or are truly ignorant of the facts.

See if you can understand this. It's not rocket science. ANYBODY can boycott Israel in their personal life to their heart's content. That's their personal business. The laws of various states, to which you are apparently referring, ban only someone who represents the STATE and is engaged in conducting the STATE's business. Any corporation is free to boycott Israel. It is total legal. The state will simply not abet that boycott by giving business to that corporation. In other words, the STATE will not boycott or abet a boycott of Israel. No individual or corporate entity is banned from boycotting Israel. Period. Is that too complicated to comprehend?

So, "LearnMe", no need to be embarrassed...…...Well, maybe there is. All you had to do was some simple research. But I suspect that the idea that, as you put it, "the United States has laws banning the boycott of Israel" fell right into your pre-conceived notion that Israel and/or Jews control legislatures throughout the US. It was natural for you to simply accept its veracity. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies