Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 01:49 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,655,017 times

Advertisements

Just listening to the investigative journalist who wrote Bottle of Lies on big pharma outsourcing of the generic industry and not much shocks me today but her expose has me distrusting pharma more than I ever have. Outsourcing is primarily to China and India.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/16/72354...e-as-you-think

I will not buy the book as my book buying days are about over, and I can get plenty of insight into what goes on by reading reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 02:02 PM

23,433 posts, read 17,113,855 times
We have been sold a lie by the government and every one else who says generics are equivalent to brand name drugs.

The definition of 'equivalent' is used loosely.

As patients respond differently to two brand name drugs for the same indication, there is an individual response to generics as well. The manufacturing facilities for generics might be someone's garage. Fillers are often different.

Plenty of documentation where a patient's response to a brand vs generic is clinically different.

Some generics may provide the same benefit as the brand and some do not. You must take both to compare.

On top of all that, chemical treatment is 2ndry to modified behavior and diet. Chemicals are the easy way out and are of course critical to life and quality of life in many instances.

I won't take over the counter drugs or Rx drugs unless no other option.

Pharma has produced life saving drugs, don't forget that! No other source.

The euro agency EMEA is a hodgepodge of regs specific to each country. Some allow the sale of drugs as long as they have minimal adverse events and no efficacy. The FDA is the gold standard for the global drug industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies