Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 07:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
There you have it folks. The left once again only want elitists to have certain rights. Make so us common folks can't have it, but say its a choice. LOL
You mean all the common folk buying thousands of rounds of ammo, all kinds of $500 accessories for their $800 guns?

Don't insult our intelligence. Common folks have internet too...and smart phones....and cars.....and jobs.

Unless you are making the claim that gun owners are total losers in terrible debt your statement makes no sense at all.

I have a higher regard for gun owners than you do. I suspect they are economically sound...most of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 08:02 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,907,374 times
Good luck enforcing

Old 05-16-2019, 08:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-NTSHEoVCup8YM

New York Senate Bill Would Require $1 Million Liability Insurance Policy for Gun Owners
Most property liability insurance already covers it. Some insurers ask and some do not.

Liability insurance is fairly cheap. $1million carries a premium of $ 300 +/- a year.

87% of personal injury claims are for less than $1 million.

Ship happens. Anyone can be sued. I could not imagine owning a gun and not having liability insurance to transfer the obligation to defend myself and any potential financial obligation to the insurer. Then again, I am into personal responsibility.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Good luck enforcing
It doesn't have to be enforced.....just like our honor tax code, etc.

Certainly something will happen and some owner won't have it - and will then be driven into bankruptcy due to the award to the victims. Then anyone with any decent net worth will purchase insurance....to protect themselves...just like I do.

When you think of it - how silly is it that I had 2 million on myself for writing a blog? But I am conservative and there was a possibility someone would take my advice and warp it into something stupid and burn their house down or hurt someone. So, for $300 a year, I got an umbrella on top of my homeowners.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most property liability insurance already covers it. Some insurers ask and some do not.

Liability insurance is fairly cheap. $1million carries a premium of $ 300 +/- a year.

87% of personal injury claims are for less than $1 million.

Ship happens. Anyone can be sued. I could not imagine owning a gun and not having liability insurance to transfer the obligation to defend myself and any potential financial obligation to the insurer. Then again, I am into personal responsibility.
They might ask on the insurance form. Funny, but people will have to declare their firearms on that form or they are in violation of the policy and therefore subject to their claims not being paid...let alone blacklisting by the insurance pool (the companies share info).

This is similar to wood burning stoves. For decades there has been a question about these on the insurance form. It's an "owner operated" appliance just like a gun...that can be dangerous in the hands of idiots.

Good behavior is rewarded. Bad behavior economically punished...as it should be.

Hopefully my Recurve Bow is exempt.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
i dont think any insurance company even offers this type of insurance

defacto gun ban
Liability insurance is readily available and relatively inexpensive.

Anyone can file a civil suit. Defense costs $.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:12 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,907,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It doesn't have to be enforced.....just like our honor tax code, etc.

Certainly something will happen and some owner won't have it - and will then be driven into bankruptcy due to the award to the victims. Then anyone with any decent net worth will purchase insurance....to protect themselves...just like I do.

When you think of it - how silly is it that I had 2 million on myself for writing a blog? But I am conservative and there was a possibility someone would take my advice and warp it into something stupid and burn their house down or hurt someone. So, for $300 a year, I got an umbrella on top of my homeowners.
Tell that to the illegal immigrants

Old 05-16-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Yes you can get it but at $200/yr it is not cheap. https://mynrainsurance.com/insurance...sonal-firearms
In a civil suit the court will not appoint a public defender to defend you.
A reasonably competent defense attorney charges more than ^ per hour.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:24 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-NTSHEoVCup8YM

New York Senate Bill Would Require $1 Million Liability Insurance Policy for Gun Owners
Liability insurance is required for automobiles. Why not guns? An insurance requirement is not an infringement on 2A, any more than it prevents anyone from owning a car.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You mean all the common folk buying thousands of rounds of ammo, all kinds of $500 accessories for their $800 guns?

Don't insult our intelligence. Common folks have internet too...and smart phones....and cars.....and jobs.

Unless you are making the claim that gun owners are total losers in terrible debt your statement makes no sense at all.

I have a higher regard for gun owners than you do. I suspect they are economically sound...most of them.
Seems to be a misunderstanding relative to liability insurance in this thread.

Liability insurance, in this case, protects the gun owner in the event of the gun owner’s unintentional negligence or accidental discharge injures/ kills another or damages/ destroys other people’s property.

It excludes intentional criminal action on the part of the gun owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies