Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 06:35 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
When white people say that black people need to be responsible for the problems of black people....this is what it looks like. White people don't want any responsible for lifting black people up out of socioeconomic racial inequality. White people don't want the government to be responsible. White people want black people to be responsible for black problems. Well....again....this is what that will look like. Black people thinking that its in their interest to affirm and lift up other black people.....separate from white people.

You can't have an inequality/imbalance resolved by treating both sides the same. The call for black people to be responsible for the problems of black people is a call for black people to segregate and discriminate for their benefit. Again....white people have stated loud and clear that they want no role in this and that they don't want "their" government to have a role, which leaves the task to black people.

This is what blacks being responsible for blacks looks like. You asked for it.....don't call it a double standard when it happens.

God Bless your heart, if you believe you can cure discrimination by more discrimination, you are the problem.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:36 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I feel it's actually a good thing to celebrate your achievements. These kids just worked their butts off to get a degree and if they feel the need to celebrate it a 2nd time, so be it. There black only graduations are supplemental and hosted by various black resource centers.

If I'd gone to college, it would have been a miracle to survive four years, so live it up young grads!

The fact that they want a black only party doesn't bother me one bit, most of your life is spend segregated by those you feel most comfortable with anyways.
Colleges are supposed to prepare these students for the real world, not some fantasy "blacks only" society.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:39 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Colleges are supposed to prepare these students for the real world, not some fantasy "blacks only" society.
The real world is that most of these college grads will go on to live normal lives, not some blacks only society. A graduation party is simply that, a graduation party.

The fact that you celebrate at a party with your peers is exactly what I'd do with my peers.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:39 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
According to the article, Harvard does an “Undocugraduation”.

Amazing to me that illegals can take away spots at Harvard, and they probably need much lower grades than most ACTUAL citizens in order to get in.

Come to America illegally. We will give you driver’s licenses, in state tuition at state schools, and we will even send you to Harvard over our own citizens with similar GPAs.

Crazy.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:40 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
LOL....it's separate side graduation, they have these for various groups, clubs etc. so I see no harm in it.

Ironically when you go to graduations at math programs around the country you'd think it was an Asians only ceremony with some token whites allowed in.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:44 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LOL....it's separate side graduation, they have these for various groups, clubs etc. so I see no harm in it.

Ironically when you go to graduations at math programs around the country you'd think it was an Asians only ceremony with some token whites allowed in.
Stop making excuses for this. If any college had a whites only graduation it would be an international scandal.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Jeez people - these aren't the actual graduations. As the article notes it's a supplemental, optional celebration.

And yes schools host them for Latino, LBGT, first generation, et al.

But, but, but, that reality doesn't fuel my outrage like I want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
I doubt anyone who posted in this thread actually read the article
Just the headline....

Old 05-17-2019, 06:53 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Curious. I thought leftists were the crybaby snowflakes, not conservatives. Sounds like much ado about nothing. There is a big difference between these and segregation. These ceremonies are voluntary. Segregation was not.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:02 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Curious. I thought leftists were the crybaby snowflakes, not conservatives. Sounds like much ado about nothing. There is a big difference between these and segregation. These ceremonies are voluntary. Segregation was not.
Can a white kid or an Asian "voluntarily" join the festivities?

Old 05-17-2019, 07:05 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
The left is definitely moving us backward, towards resegregation. What a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies