Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 02:54 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,716,018 times

Advertisements

We have many, many adoptions in our family. I was one of the accidents, I'm glad my teen parents didn't kill me. We have many friends who have adopted, fostered, and adopted out of foster care. Three of my grandchildren are from foster care and they all have special needs because of druggie parents.

I have ten grandchildren in total, several others we lost due to miscarriages. Those babies were babies the instant the test strip changed color and they were babies weeks later when they died. The only difference between those babies and the ones people call clumps of cells is that they were wanted. My son in law fainted with grief when their second son didn't make it through the pregnancy.

I know many women still hoping to get pregnant or adopt.

I am pro life, more pro life the older I get. And because I am involved in communities where it's normal for people to adopt and foster, the only other choice I would be for is adoption.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Free women do own and control their own bodies, and they are responsible for making timely decisions about unwanted pregnancy. It's a bit of a contradiction to say that those same responsible women who control their own bodies are too feeble minded to check whether unprotected sex resulted in an unwanted pregnancy and to make a decision to terminate prior to the occurrence of a fetal heartbeat.
And the 51% that were not having unprotected sex? Should they take a pregnancy test every time they have sex? But that won't work since they only work after you missed a period which could be weeks later. Then there are the many women that don't have a regular cycle, so they may not even realize they are pregnant until well after 6 weeks.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:56 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,265 times
this question could all boil down to "what kind of god is your god?"..i believe the evangelicals have a punishing god who always want punishment..i myself believe in a "Loving God" who wishes we would cooperate more as humans..

just a guess but it is and has been proven that anti abortion laws are in effect a way to control women more..

here is a little trivia for you..the Nazis passed anti cruelty to animals laws as one of the first things they did...Why you ask
did they love animals so much...NO the effect was meant to make Jewish Kosher treatment of food illegal and so it WAS an anti-Semitic law boys and girls...NOW think about the antiabortion laws again please

Old 05-18-2019, 02:58 PM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
SAVE THE FETUS/SCREW THE CHILD

And they are too clueless to see now transparent this is. How about Trump fans making excuse for the separation of children from parents at the border?
I could pull up some more pictures of the kids in cages too, but most of them happened under the Peace prize winning President

Old 05-18-2019, 03:00 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
about 50% of aborted babies are female. I can't see how that makes any prolifer anti-female. We also care about the mothers, and care about the ones who regret having an abortion, as well as those who do get an abortion. They need help too

Not much compassion for those who regret an abortion from the prochoice side. /shrug/
Seems like the only goal is abortions. After that. Pfffft. Proabortioners are out the door. No compassion for anyone at all.
This regret argument that you are attempting to introduce is a fairly common one. As with shaming of teen moms, it pops up in subway and bus ads and church papers and bulletins.

This is a bad argument. Should the government ban people from doing things they sometimes regret? Think of everything you've ever regretted — not moving after college, staying in a disliked job too long, dating the wrong person — and ask yourself if you wish there had been a law to prevent you from doing that thing. You probably don't, because you probably believe people should be able to choose their own paths in life regardless of whether they regret those choices later on. I agree, which is part of why I'm pro-choice This should not be a reason to deny choice to all women.

Additionally it is unclear what you are referring to regarding compassion. The American Psychological Association has concluded that abortion rarely causes any long-lasting or severe psychological after-effects. Many negative feelings are related to the unwanted pregnancy, not the abortion, which usually brings feelings of relief. Psychological problems such as post-partum depression are more common in new mothers.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:03 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
about 50% of aborted babies are female. I can't see how that makes any prolifer anti-female. We also care about the mothers, and care about the ones who regret having an abortion, as well as those who do get an abortion. They need help too

Not much compassion for those who regret an abortion from the prochoice side. /shrug/
Seems like the only goal is abortions. After that. Pfffft. Proabortioners are out the door. No compassion for anyone at all.
Not your body, not your choice. /shrug/

Old 05-18-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Why was she being reprimanded? What is your source of that information? How do you know she was fired?
From her own memoir.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
If you are having sex, you are inviting pregnancy.

You are consenting to pregnancy because that is a possible result of sex.

Sex makes babies, just in case people have forgotten.
No, consenting to sex is not consenting to pregnancy.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
PP is a business that makes money off of abortion. Sure they'll say what they need to so they can try and cover up their dirty deeds.
And yet 3% of their business is abortions. Seems like not a big money maker.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I know what scientist have called neural pathways. God calls it His creation and says he knew us before we were born.

Who are you going to believe, God or man?
I have seen scientists, and their images of neural pathways. I have never seen a god.

One is proven to exist, the other is a creation of mans mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies