Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2019, 07:49 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,083,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
This is not my cause. This is not a male thing, or female, or political thing.
There is plenty of contempt in this discussion for anyone who believes that an unregulated abortion free for all is not necessarily the best decision.
Since Roe v Wade abortion has not been a free for all. Until recently, there were common sense restrictions.

Abortion will be a free for all when it is driven back underground like it was "in the good old days".

Like it or not, women want abortions and there will be those who step up to provide them...... and there will be no oversight. It will be a black market free for all.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:45 PM

3,656 posts, read 3,797,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
That’s EXACTLY what this is it’s based on some religious beliefs and a way for said politician to play to HIS base to get /stay elected. You have proven over and over again you know NOTHING about women somehow you think all women are the same. I TRULY hope your not married or in a serious relationship, because you obviously know nothing about women.
I am very non-religious. I am also anti-abortion.

Blame six years of human anatomy/physiology type classes.

It is insulting to women to suggest they accidently become pregnant. Who, of average intelligence, doesn't know what causes pregnancy? Who, of average intelligence, doesn't know that several of the various forms of birth control fail.

Where I err, perhaps, is in expecting women too think ahead and act responsibly.

The same for men. Instead of racing around and having indiscriminate intercourse like one of my pasture bulls.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:50 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,976,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
That poster was telling women that what we experience during mensuration and our monthly cycles was not possible. That's what prompted that response, which was meant for him and not as a generalization about all men.
I understand. Several comments clarify that some women have no idea that they are pregnant until they are several months pregnant, and the reason for this is that they do not have regular cyclical reproductive systems. Any viewpoint that considers heartbeat as defining life is irrelevant and should be met with name calling.

p.s.: I believe the word you are looking for is menstruation, not mensuration

Old 05-19-2019, 08:53 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,129,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
That’s EXACTLY what this is it’s based on some religious beliefs and a way for said politician to play to HIS base to get /stay elected. You have proven over and over again you know NOTHING about women somehow you think all women are the same. I TRULY hope your not married or in a serious relationship, because you obviously know nothing about women.
It's not neven rooted in Religious beliefs. The bible disproves the anti-abortion stance. People who are against abortion have a control issues and like to project this on women as a bully. It's never been about religion, it's been about power and control.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:10 PM

6,612 posts, read 3,687,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yes it's about a child's life and maybe more than one. There are proposed anti-abortion laws, for instance Oklahoma SB 13, that would send a woman to prison convicted of abortion for up to life. If the woman has any children at home they would be deprived of a mother for the rest of their lives. Now what civilized or even uncivilized country would allow a law like that to happen? Keep abortion legal, safe and more rare!
This is all so ridiculous... and I haven't seen much stated about, how an unexpected, unwanted pregnancy (some being caused by one not familiar), leading to a forced birth and raising of, doesn't always bring them into ideal circumstances. There are more children being brought up in, many times, unprepared-for situations leading to forced-marriages, dysfunctional homes, financial stress, divorce, single-parenting. (This fact should not be denied).

There are enough currently or those not having been raised appropriately, contributing to poverty, homelessness, mental illness, crime, overcrowded prisons, etc. What about those already in need of being adopted? But it should all continue being contributed to?

It's so out of balance, considering what a momentary act can cause for a lifetime. (This carries over to those together by choice, in need of family planning, when one or the other also forces an unplanned pregnancy, due to conditions between them).

More attention should be given to prevention and guidance for both sexes from the time they are young to help eliminate this ongoing issue, including the societal and personal pressures involved for both when first discovering sex. It has to be stressed what physical and emotional aspects can occur for both males and females and being prepared for to prevent possible pregnancy.

Unfortunately, with some lacking parenting skills and a resistance in regards to, such as proper Sex Education, etc., in addition to the apparent misogyny and a double-standard that remains with some, it continues contributing to the problem.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:31 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,857,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The right has to get people to focus on the most evil label as possible--that's the only way they can manipulate & sell their Gilead vision of total control. These are the same people who disavow the US Constitution and Bill of Rights, that which protects freedom, protects differences in religious beliefs and views, gives all citizens 18 and older the right to vote. They abhor those rights and freedoms.
Abortion is ending the life of a human being who is in the process of development. If this life is not ended it will continue to grow and develop, will be either a boy or a girl, be born, live a long life, contribute to society and die at a ripe old age.

If allowed to remain connected to the mother who conceived this human creation, it will make her tummy grow larger, have a heartbeat,kick her from the inside, suck its thumb, tumble around in the amniotic fluid, hiccup, grimace, swallow amniotic fluid, all innocent things that an unborn baby does during its development.

This unborn baby did not ask to be conceived. It has done nothing wrong. If it could speak, I have no doubt that it would choose life, for what human, if given a choice, would want its limbs pulled off its body or its skull pierced with a sharp instrument?

Abortion ends an innocent life. No evil label is needed to be given by the right, for the act of aborting the life of an innocent unborn baby is self describing.

The constant and persistent outcry of "it's my body!" by women who are abortion proponents has been a tactic used by the left to wear down, ostracize, shame and demoralize pro lifers who speak out against the killing of babies.
Those that would be timid or those who don't understand what abortion is really about can be manipulated into being silenced
Thankfully these unborn children have voices of those of us who are willing to be their advocates in spite of the attacks from the left.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:23 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,084,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because some women are already on BC and don't know it failed until long after the morning after pill is no longer effective. It's also expensive if you are planning on taking it every time you have sex.
Oh okay, I thought you could take the morning after pill every time after as a precaution but yeah if it gets expensive, then it does. Wouldn't condoms be a lot of help though?

Cause every woman I know who got pregnant accidentally, said they didn't use a condom, just the BC pill, so it seems that condoms are better to use, cause everyone I know who used one did not get pregnant, from the conversations I had, so it seems like therefore, condoms would have a lower failure rate?

Old 05-19-2019, 10:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,083,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Abortion is ending the life of a human being who is in the process of development. If this life is not ended it will continue to grow and develop, will be either a boy or a girl, be born, live a long life, contribute to society and die at a ripe old age.

If allowed to remain connected to the mother who conceived this human creation, it will make her tummy grow larger, have a heartbeat,kick her from the inside, suck its thumb, tumble around in the amniotic fluid, hiccup, grimace, swallow amniotic fluid, all innocent things that an unborn baby does during its development.

This unborn baby did not ask to be conceived. It has done nothing wrong. If it could speak, I have no doubt that it would choose life, for what human, if given a choice, would want its limbs pulled off its body or its skull pierced with a sharp instrument?

Abortion ends an innocent life. No evil label is needed to be given by the right, for the act of aborting the life of an innocent unborn baby is self describing.

The constant and persistent outcry of "it's my body!" by women who are abortion proponents has been a tactic used by the left to wear down, ostracize, shame and demoralize pro lifers who speak out against the killing of babies.
Those that would be timid or those who don't understand what abortion is really about can be manipulated into being silenced
Thankfully these unborn children have voices of those of us who are willing to be their advocates in spite of the attacks from the left.
Cut the drama.

Unlike a woman, a fetus doesn't think or feel or care what happens to it and it does not have rights that trump those of the woman who has to endure the pregnancy.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,698,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post

You're very wrong for me. When unborn I would not choose life, if I could have, considering how cruel, hate filled and unloving the world is. I would have been incredibly well blessed to not have been born and remain innocent of all that. That is a major reason I don't want to have any children. So 4dognight, please be considerate of those who don't think the world is a fit place to bring innocent little babies into.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:54 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,857,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Cut the drama.

Unlike a woman, a fetus doesn't think or feel or care what happens to it and it does not have rights that trump those of the woman who has to endure the pregnancy.
Don't want to hear the truth huh? Yes, there is a lot of drama in the process of abortion. You don't speak for the baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies