Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 01:54 PM

16,872 posts, read 10,528,772 times

Advertisements

He’s an antiTrump RINO swamper who supported Ted Cruz. The people of this district need to boot him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 04:04 PM

17,363 posts, read 9,189,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Congressman Justin Amash (R-MI) unloads on Trump and Barr.

Not sure if Amash has been in the Never-Trump faction, but those are some harsh comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/justinama...952236546?s=20
Justine is worried about his bottom line ... he owns a factory in China

https://mobile.twitter.com/charlieki...05955755155456

Old 05-19-2019, 04:27 PM

37,764 posts, read 40,880,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Amash, who will now be a hero to the far left, is the guy whose business does its manufacturing in China and got caught advertising his products as made in the US. He is hardly the paragon of ethical behavior. This latest move of his is likely due to the current tariff war with China cutting into his profits. This guy bears a lot more scrutiny than MSNBC and the gang will ever give him as the real Amash won't fit their narrative.
Yeah, I believe he is the co-owner of that business in China. When is he up for re-election?

Old 05-19-2019, 05:09 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,261,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Yeah, I believe he is the co-owner of that business in China. When is he up for re-election?
He’s a member of the House of Representatives. Only a 2 year term and they’re all up for re-election in 2020.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:27 PM

7,819 posts, read 4,541,765 times
I lived in Amash's district for awhile and regardless of what you think of him (by my measure he is a bit of an odd duck) he is every bit the wonk as far as fleshing out legalities and their implications. If the man sees an inconsistency or flaw in the law and its application, he'll call it out and is usually spot on with the analysis.

For that he's earned the respect of those in the district, both the "Gerald Ford" Republicans (of which that are many in the Grand Rapids area) and the more liberal elements of the community as evidenced by his usual wins by 10% or more. I think he also commands a similar respect from many of his House colleagues.

That's why his tweet comments are hard to dismiss as someone out with an ax to grind or pandering for votes.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:34 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,261,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I lived in Amash's district for awhile and regardless of what you think of him (by my measure he is a bit of an odd duck) he is every bit the wonk as far as fleshing out legalities and their implications. If the man sees an inconsistency or flaw in the law and its application, he'll call it out and is usually spot on with the analysis.

For that he's earned the respect of those in the district, both the "Gerald Ford" Republicans (of which that are many in the Grand Rapids area) and the more liberal elements of the community as evidenced by his usual wins by 10% or more. I think he also commands a similar respect from many of his House colleagues.

That's why his tweet comments are hard to dismiss as someone out with an ax to grind or pandering for votes.
And he’s already drawn a primary opponent.

He knew that this was coming and said his piece anyway.

Whether you agree with him politically or not, you have to admire his principles.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ce/3737846002/

Old 05-20-2019, 10:50 AM

23,409 posts, read 17,092,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
This is why people don't trust the republican party.

They work to hard to elect democrats.

The Trump party is replacing them and embracing winning !!!
Absolutely right on target!

The repub party had better realize they do not exist without supporting Trump.

Idiots failed after 7 years to present a healthcare solution!

Never trumpers think they represent the repub party????????

Wait until next election!

Never Trumpers are as oblivious to reality as the democrat party and media propaganda machine.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:11 PM

10,062 posts, read 12,752,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post

If “Gerald Ford Republicans” are Midwestern centrists, I thought they no longer existed.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:27 PM

1,768 posts, read 565,071 times
Burn the nonbeliever!

Old 05-20-2019, 01:33 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,694,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Congressman Justin Amash (R-MI) unloads on Trump and Barr.

Not sure if Amash has been in the Never-Trump faction, but those are some harsh comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/justinama...952236546?s=20
They sound like comments from a smart and principled lawmaker!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies