Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 02:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
A fetus generally grows into a person. LOL

Even in cases of a baby being conceived thru a stranger rape, and the mother aborts, it still negatively impacts her later in life, many women regret having the abortion, I think they come to realize, that baby was half theirs too, its especially bad when its later term abortions too.
And many do not regret it.

I regret many choices I have made in my life, but making those choices were not illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 02:11 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You're asking the wrong person.

I take a Libertarian stance on abortion even though I personally abhor it.

My personal belief is that it's a violation of the non aggression principal.

Many would disagree with me, I'm sure..
to be fair, you asked the wrong person first.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:14 PM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
anytime we can make progress in reducing murders in America, I say we do it.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:18 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Cool, then all men should be required to have a vasectomy when they reach puberty since there would be no unwanted pregnancies if men didn't release their sperm all willy nilly.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:29 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I'm all for reducing murders.

That's another thread.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:50 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Just speculating here--

In the case of rape, the woman is a victim, and the allowance is given in the interest of not forcing her to incur further trauma, correct?

In the case of incest, there is the concern of potential birth defects, correct? (There is no such allowance for potential birth defects in non-incest cases, though.)

Hypothetical question:

So, if I have a thing for siblings and first cousins, and I just can't keep my legs closed, I can have all of the abortions I want?

There is life outside the trailer park, join us

Old 05-20-2019, 04:17 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats what I'm asking. How can one say they are pro life but feel its ok to abort a pregnancy conceived of rape or incest. And BTW have yet to get an answer.
I've asked this several times over the years on abortion threads and never got an answer either. I may have missed them but this is the first thread that actually addressed the question.
Best I could do is rep those who also wonder

Old 05-20-2019, 04:24 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I've asked this several times over the years on abortion threads and never got an answer either. I may have missed them but this is the first thread that actually addressed the question.

Best I could do is rep those who also wonder
And notice how most anti-choicers are studiously avoiding this thread? Typically they take every opportunity to scold and shame those who support a woman's right to choose. Here? Mostly crickets - they're just hoping the thread quietly dies so they can continue the finger pointing and shaming women in the name of "protecting babies" while clearly applying their morals to only *some* "babies". Pregnancy resulting through no fault of the woman apparently doesn't result in "babies" at the same point as pregnancy resulting from consensual sex.

Last edited by maciesmom; 05-20-2019 at 04:39 PM..

Old 05-20-2019, 05:00 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
And notice how most anti-choicers are studiously avoiding this thread? Typically they take every opportunity to scold and shame those who support a woman's right to choose. Here? Mostly crickets - they're just hoping the thread quietly dies so they can continue the finger pointing and shaming women in the name of "protecting babies" while clearly applying their morals to only *some* "babies". Pregnancy resulting through no fault of the woman apparently doesn't result in "babies" at the same point as pregnancy resulting from consensual sex.
I'm sure it's just because "they" are all out having their afternoon naps or early dinner or something

Old 05-20-2019, 07:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Legally...a fetus is most certainly a real, and separate person/infant.

The proof is that numerous times, a person that was charged with TWO counts of murder when they killed a pregnant woman...for the other murder charge to be imposed, it must be a separate, real person/life.
If that were true fathers would be required to pay fetal support.

If that were true women could claim fetuses as dependents on their taxes.

Checkmate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies