Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2019, 09:44 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
If I was in going through a rough time in America and I had the following options:
--- renting, and then possibly buying a mobile-home in a trailer park (mainly white)
--- renting an apartment in public housing (mainly black)
there is no question I would choose the first option.

Safety would be a top priority, too. And it just so happens that poor black neighborhoods are at the very top when it comes to crime and violence.
Many Black people solve that situation by leaving certain neighborhoods and never returning, as alot of Whites have done in the past and continue to do. Not saying that crime isn't a concern. I'm saying the response has been "vote with your feet and leave, when you can".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 09:46 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We helped ourselves. No help came from outside of the black community. All credit for any positives should go to no one but African Americans.

By identity politics, I don’t know what that even means. Biden is white. LMAO
Unless this is all a big Scooby Doo Mystery. Which, at this point, I don't doubt anything anymore.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:52 AM

926 posts, read 417,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The point is that dirt poor whites, of which there are millions, vote overwhelmingly Republican. So since they’re YOUR people, go out and instruct them on how to vote.

You can’t tell us anything that we’re receptive to, so why not pick an easier crowd?
What? My people are the patriotic Israelis of any color and religion - period. I also feel very close to American jews.

Regarding the millions of dirt poor whites you're talking about: I have to ask, have you ever traveled outside of North America? If you want to see what being dirt poor truly is, you can visit Africa. People so malnourished that their bones stick out, that's dirt poor. Kids that walk several kilometers to a well to get drinkable water instead of going to school, that's dirt poor. John White living in a mobile-home with a little patch of green next to it, that's not dirt poor. Working for $10 an hour and driving an old truck, that's not dirt-poor.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:54 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Yes, but the question was: why do you think Blacks are generally doing worse than other groups?

Because of the continued legacy of the 400 years of white supremacy racism and terroristic oppression that the demographic is only 1 generation away from.

When people are kept from advancing by oppressive traditions and government, then that means they will be "worse" in some ways than "other groups" for some time. It won't just be "fixed" either when the government oppression stops because the "tradition" of viewing blacks as inferior is heavily embedded in American culture, which is shown/portrayed everyday on this very forum.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Many Black people solve that situation by leaving certain neighborhoods and never returning, as alot of Whites have done in the past and continue to do. Not saying that crime isn't a concern. I'm saying the response has been "vote with your feet and leave, when you can".
They don't solve anything. They save themselves, by leaving their own people behind and escaping to majority-white neighborhoods.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Because of the continued legacy of the 400 years of white supremacy racism and terroristic oppression that the demographic is only 1 generation away from.

When people are kept from advancing by oppressive traditions and government, then that means they will be "worse" in some ways than "other groups" for some time. It won't just be "fixed" either when the government oppression stops because the "tradition" of viewing blacks as inferior is heavily embedded in American culture, which is shown/portrayed everyday on this very forum.
Ok. And how do you explain that Blacks are also doing worse than others in Europe and the middle-east?

Old 05-24-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Black Americans are the #1 group who came here under duress. And by duress I mean this. Coming here as a refugee means you come here fleeing from your homeland for the purpose of safety. The way the ancestors of Black American came here, they weren't seeking a better life or seeking refuge. They were kidnapped and shipped here under duress. There was no say in the matter. They were brought here as slaves and faced all kinds of direct racism and oppression. Even with slavery ending, Black Americans continued to be oppressed in the USA. The Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act were only signed back in 1964 and 1965. Black Americans, as a whole, were only treated as full citizens of the USA starting in 1965. By design, Black Americans were kept down. Sure, there were some success stories. However, this is how I sum up the success Black Americans have had. Black Americans succeeded, DESPITE, the oppression they dealt with.

Things have gotten better as Jim Crow was dealt a blow. Things have gotten better as housing discrimination has been made illegal. Black Americans have seen their numbers in the universities and in the professional ranks rise in the last 50 years thanks to legislation that outlawed things like Jim Crow segregation. However, Black Americans basically started from ZERO. In fact, Blacks didn't even start from ZERO. We started from well below that.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:04 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Ok. And how do you explain that Blacks are also doing worse than others in Europe and the middle-east?
Always the same questions.

Why are some Scot-Irish, in the KY Mountains, still largely in the same condition (or worse) than 100's of years back?
https://archive.org/stream/nightcome...3caud_djvu.txt

Answering the questions of the ages is tough for forum posts......maybe read a couple books?

"The mountaineer can present no enigma to a world which is inter-
ested enough to look with sympathy into the forces which have
made him. And look we must, because with his fruitful wife and
brood of untamed children he presents a problem to the nation
which is many-faceted and which will deepen in complexity during
the ensuing decades. As the nation moves toward the challenges of a
new century and a world ringing with change, it cannot afford to
leave huge islands of its own population behind, stranded and
ignored. Idleness and waste are antipathetic to progress and
growth, and, unless the Cumberland Plateau is to remain an anchor dragging behind the rest of America, it — and the rest of the Southern Appalachians — must be rescued while there is yet time."

I'd say the story remains quite the same in many parts of the world. Why is Russia with the most resources on the planet - and fewer people to share them, just a couple generations out of peasanthood? Is it the fault of an individual Russian logger or dirt farmer from east of the Urals? Is it the fault of the masses of Stalins purges?

If you can answer all these questions you need to write some books yourself. Me? I'm still reading.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
They don't solve anything. They save themselves, by leaving their own people behind and escaping to majority-white neighborhoods.
People of other ethnic groups do the same thing. Neighborhood gets bad, go somewhere safer. People have the freedom to move wherever they want. Some people prefer living in other places to the place they currently live in and are waiting to leave. Truth is, alot of people look out for number 1. It's been that way for ages.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:09 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People of other ethnic groups do the same thing. Neighborhood gets bad, go somewhere safer. People have the freedom to move wherever they want. Some people prefer living in other places to the place they currently live in and are waiting to leave. Truth is, alot of people look out for number 1. It's been that way for ages.
So a dude who lives in a place where he (or others of similar racial and religious background) either forcibly removed millions...or semi-forcibly purchased their lands (often with the 10's of billions that came from success in the USA and worldwide) asks why some chained people didn't prosper?

That's fantastic on the face! This would be like me asking why the area where all my Jewish ancestors lived was STILL dirt poor. Many hundreds of years later. AND, they were never slaves.

(of course, they were murdered and displaced.......but what can that have to do with it?).....

Threads like this - prove the point 100% - that Americans and those who follow the same line of thought are nowhere near accepting other humans as human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies