Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2019, 02:56 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
He has no obligation to do anything for you individually, his job is to do for the majority of the country.
Well, Trump is the wrong person for that - he only cares for his base, and that's only superficially. Really, the only person he cares about is himself, and maybe his immediate family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 03:10 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What question are we talking about? Why there is such an obsession with the black vote?

That's an easy answer. Blacks, although comprising a minority of citizens, are not an insignificant minority. And since most elections are decided by relatively few votes (I keep hearing about 80,000 in Wisconsin), all it would take is to "flip" about 10% of black voters from D to R in the swing states, and voila!....the R wins. The Rs would like to see that happen; the Ds want to prevent it (which is why they are campaigning on the fact that racism lies entirely on the R side, which of course is false).
Well, this is how I see it. I'm going to vote for whomever I want to vote. I don't care who anyone wants to win. I'm looking out for ME as far as the political arena is concerned. I know there are alot of people here who want the Republicans to win. Guess what? Not. My. Problem. I don't expect my neighbor or many of my co-workers to be thinking about me when they votes. For this reason, I look out for myself. I look out for myself because if I don't, who else will?

As for the rest of the Black population, Blacks will vote for whomever they want. I see so much of "Blacks should consider voting Republican" at times. However, I haven't been given a good reason. Touting the negatives about Democrats won't change a thing. It won't change a thing especially when there's plenty of negative from Republicans too.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
He has no obligation to do anything for you individually, his job is to do for the majority of the country.
Well, then, don't count of me supporting him. And perhaps alot of people on CD better quit with this "why do Blacks vote Democrat" or any other obsession over who Blacks vote for. If Trump is under no obligation to be helpful for me as a Black man, forget Trump. I'm going to look out for myself and get mine. I don't care if a bunch of people are bothered by the fact that Blacks vote Democrat in large numbers.

While we're on this subject, why do you think (you personally) there is so much obsession over who Black people are voting for?

Old 05-24-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, Trump is the wrong person for that - he only cares for his base, and that's only superficially. Really, the only person he cares about is himself, and maybe his immediate family.
Yep. Donald John Trump looks out for Donald John Trump. He just tells his voter base what they want to hear.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Nobody cares.
If nobody cared, this thread wouldn't exist. Alot of people care.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
What bigoted comments did he make?
Don't play coy with me. I just listed them. Oh wait, you don't think those comments are bigoted.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
“I don’t understand why black people aren't sucking up to me”..
Exactly.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
As least as possible.
So you admit to having a disdain for Blacks. Thank you for being blunt about your prejudice.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
As an older white male and I think I can speak for a majoityof white males, we could give a flying f**k less who you vote for.
Then why are you on this thread? Why are there so many threads regarding who Blacks vote for?

A majority of Whites likely don't care, but there are more enough that care, to the point where do many people are talking about it ad nauseam.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
The only place I've been in GA is Atlanta. It was only for a couple of days, but I'm considering coming back for a visit. I'm not sure, though - I don't drive at all so I have to take that into consideration. I know there is Marta there, but I'm not sure how efficient it is.

I'm more familiar with Alabama (Birmingham and the Florence area), where people are extremely friendly. Are folks in ATL as friendly as those in Bama?
I've been to Savannah, Augusta, Rome (we also have Athens too ). Atlanta metropolitan area has many good areas. It also has some bad areas. It's growing fast. Georgia might hit 11 million people by next year (it hit 10 million around 2014). Alot of people want to move to the Atlanta area. I live in the outskirts of metro Atlanta. Alabama is a 45-50 minute drive from where I live, via I-20 going west. Where I live currently live (until I move away, rent's no joke in certain parts of the metro), there are some people still flying Confederate flags. There has also been an outbreak of meth and opiate use. I see it when I see syringes on the ground.

I've been through Alabama. I stopped in Mentone once. Northern Alabama looks beautiful, but I've never had any plans of living there. I know one guy who stayed in Anniston. Rough town.

There are some friendly people in the Atlanta area. It can also be hectic and stressful. A metropolitan area of over 5.5 million people, and counting (possibly 6 million at this point).

Honestly, Alabama has never been my cup of tea. Neither is Mississippi. If I had to pick anywhere in the South to live if not the Atlanta area, it would be Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, and Raleigh. Outside of the South, I would look towards Texas, the Pacific Northwest, Upper Midwest, or the Rocky Mountain West,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies