Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2019, 04:12 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That's fair, I think.
Any person or member of any group who wants to trade their presidential vote for special favors is welcome to vote where they think it will benefit them. They are going to be disappointed, though. The Dems want their vote, but as Obama demonstrated, there will be nothing for them in return.
No problem. There will always be a fresh crop of 30 year old suckers who have been trained by their elders, leaders and peers that THIS Democrat President really will help them.
Here is the facts. Blacks are not benefiting much under Trump, if at all. The uneployment rate for the nation started dropping in 2011/2012. Trump gets no credit for that. And as for Blacks, Blacks have had the highest unemployment rates in the USA for decades, no matter who was President. And according to the Bureau of Labor, Black Americans actually experienced a rise in unemployment between 2018 and 2019. Black men were far more likely to be unemployed than Black women.

No one has "trained" Black people to think and vote as they do. Black Americans can and do think for themselves. It just doesn't yield the kind of results that many people want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 04:15 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is the facts. (1)Blacks are not benefiting much under Trump, if at all. The uneployment rate for the nation started dropping in 2011/2012. Trump gets no credit for that. And as for Blacks, Blacks have had the highest unemployment rates in the USA for decades, no matter who was President. And according to the Bureau of Labor, Black Americans actually experienced a rise in unemployment between 2018 and 2019. Black men were far more likely to be unemployed than Black women.

No one has "trained" Black people to think and vote as they do. Black Americans can and do think for themselves. (2)It just doesn't yield the kind of results that many people want.
#1 If true, that is the fault of each individual.
#2 Sure it does. It is exactly when the Democrats want.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
#1 If true, that is the fault of each individual.
#2 Sure it does. It is exactly when the Democrats want.
1) You could say it's the fault of some, but the way things have worked in this country: Blacks have often been last hired, first fired. You may not agree with this, but it happens. Job discrimination is real, it happens, and this is something no President has ever completely conquered. Some of it is individual fault, but job discrimination also plays a part.

2) If it's what Demcrats want, consider this. Demcrats/White liberals have never needed to tell Black people how to think. How Black people think is in response to what Black people have been through in the 400+ years of being in the USA under severely adverse conditions. Liberals don't need to train Blacks a certain way. Alot of Blacks felt that way before.

Question. Do you truly believe that you know Blacks better than Blacks know themselves?

Old 05-24-2019, 04:28 PM

926 posts, read 417,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is the facts. Blacks are not benefiting much under Trump, if at all. The uneployment rate for the nation started dropping in 2011/2012. Trump gets no credit for that. And as for Blacks, Blacks have had the highest unemployment rates in the USA for decades, no matter who was President. And according to the Bureau of Labor, Black Americans actually experienced a rise in unemployment between 2018 and 2019. Black men were far more likely to be unemployed than Black women.

No one has "trained" Black people to think and vote as they do. Black Americans can and do think for themselves. It just doesn't yield the kind of results that many people want.
At the end of the day, it's not about blacks, or hispanics, or whites or whatever, it's about individuals. Before being asian or hispanic, we are individuals.

An upper-middle-class black doctor will be closer in many ways to an asian upper-middle-class doctor than to a black single mother on welfare. A white conservative Republican will often feel closer to a black conservative Republican than to a white liberal Democrat.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:30 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Trump signs criminal justice reform into law, blacks still hate him and don't give him an ounce of credit for it. That's a sad commentary about how the majority have completely accepted the lies put out by the Democrats about how any Republican is a "racist."

Advice to GOP and Trump: Don't waste your time. Get winnable votes from Hispanics, Asians, Indians, jews, whites, any other ethnic group.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
At the end of the day, it's not about blacks, or hispanics, or whites or whatever, it's about individuals. Before being asian or hispanic, we are individuals.

An upper-middle-class black doctor will be closer in many ways to an asian upper-middle-class doctor than to a black single mother on welfare. A white conservative Republican will often feel closer to a black conservative Republican than to a white liberal Democrat.
I was responding to someone who felt like "Things are improving for Blacks under Trump". I'm also considering this title of this thread. A Black middle upper class person might have more in common with a White middle upper class person than the Black single mother on welfare. I won't doubt that. I have more in common with some of my White co-workers than I do with the members of the Black underclass. However, it doesn't mean that I won't face discrimination. It doesn't mean that I won't face many issues. I still have to worry about being looked down on for being Black. Relative to other groups, Black Americans are looked down on more than anyone else. And I'm talking in relative terms. I might be an individual. It still doesn't change the fact that many still judge by race in this country. It doesn't change that people look out for their own race first, to the exclusion of other persons.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:52 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Trump signs criminal justice reform into law, blacks still hate him and don't give him an ounce of credit for it. That's a sad commentary about how the majority have completely accepted the lies put out by the Democrats about how any Republican is a "racist."

Advice to GOP and Trump: Don't waste your time. Get winnable votes from Hispanics, Asians, Indians, jews, whites, any other ethnic group.
“I put sprinkles on a pile of dung and you guys still dont like me ;(“

Old 05-24-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

Well, in the future, don't ever talk about who Blacks vote for, if you think it's that hopeless. Since you feel it's a waste of time for the GOP, don't talk about the subject. If who Black people vote for is such a problem for you, what do you intend to do about it besides talk about it?

Old 05-24-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
“I put sprinkles on a pile of dung and you guys still dont like me ;(“
This is my theory. You have to look deeper. This is not really about Black people's refusal to suck up to Trump. In my opinion, this is about resentment. I think alot of persons dicussing this subject don't care about Black people at all. What they want is for Trump to win. What they want is for Republicans to be in power. And those persons want Republicans in power for their own benefit, not for the benefit of Black Americans. Black Americans are seen as being in the way of that happening. On one hand, Blacks are "insignificant and don't count in the larger picture". On the other hand Blacks are either "warming up to Trump" or "Blacks are ungrateful".

Old 05-24-2019, 05:01 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,747 times
Prime example for why cuckservatives will always lose to the Left.

Demographics is destiny, as they always say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies