Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2019, 05:12 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I guess it just doesn’t matter for some people that no matter how much you try help them...They just don’t care give a dam....they’re more into identity politics... it just shows sad state of affairs we’re living in these times...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-bl...ating-to-biden
Blacks were slaves to Democrats and did what their Democrat Masters told them to do and they are still doing what their Demonacrat Masshuhs tells them to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 05:13 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Nods.
Thank you. The level of obsession is very telling. Look up post #222. It should give an insight to what I'm talking about.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Blacks were slaves to Democrats and did what their Democrat Masters told them to do and they are still doing what their Demonacrat Masshuhs tells them to do.
Give it up. No one is making Black people think the way they do. You can blame Democrats all you want. Black Americans aren't as stupid as you make us out to be. You just don't like the way we're thinking and voting.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Same with Asian males vs Asian females.

Men from the "minority" group are usually considered more of a "threat" to the majority...
To a certain extent. Black men tend to get it the worst. Black men have been viewed as a threat by other groups as well. I also remember in college meeting an Afro-Caribbean woman. She admitted that her parents told her not to date Black American men. It wasn't any other group. It was just Black American men she wasn't allowed to date.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:19 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In many cases, this is true. In some cases, race plays along with gender. I've seen situations where some people are far more comfortable with Black females than Black males.
Oh yes. Lots of (white) folks lose their **** over Kayne West and Kim Kardashian West.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh yes. Lots of (white) folks lose their **** over Kayne West and Kim Kardashian West.
It isn't just White people losing their minds over Kim and Kanye. There is alot of prejudice all over. Personally, I don't like Kim Kardashian. Kanye should have picked someone better, like Soleil Moon Frye (although she's already married so that's a moot point).

Old 05-24-2019, 05:29 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It isn't just White people losing their minds over Kim and Kanye. There is alot of prejudice all over. Personally, I don't like Kim Kardashian. Kanye should have picked someone better, like Soleil Moon Frye (although she's already married so that's a moot point).
Yeah, you're right - there still is a bit of that residual stuff post Loving vs. Virginia. While I don't share a particular love for the Kardashians either, I gotta give them ladies props for having brothers as mates. Maybe that will gradually make interracial pairings in time more acceptable and normal.

I think desertdetroit's wife is white, right?

Old 05-24-2019, 05:32 PM

926 posts, read 417,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Race trumps class and even gender.
Social class (basically money and education) trumps everything IMHO.

Don't underestimate the power of money as a great unifier.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Yeah, you're right - there still is a bit of that residual stuff post Loving vs. Virginia. While I don't share a particular love for the Kardashians either, I gotta give them ladies props for having brothers as mates. Maybe that will gradually make interracial pairings in time more acceptable and normal.

I think desertdetroit's wife is white, right?
Oh yes. There is still some disdain for interracial marriage. However, it also depends on race and gender. I notice that if a Black woman is in an interracial marriage, it doesn't get alot of flack. I rarely of Black women getting hated for being in interracial marriages. However, if it is a Black male/any non-Black female, it gets much more hatred, including from some Black women.

I don't think the Kardashian sisters being with Black men will make interracial marriages more acceptable, at least as far as Black men are concerned. Consider this. The Kardashian sisters might be rich and famous, but they're also rather trashy. In order for a Black male/White female couple to truly be accepted, they have to be immaculate. There are many people who see White women (or rather any non-Black female) being with a Black man as being trashy. That woman cannot be like a Kardashian. And that man has to be very immaculate himself, like a doctor or an engineer. The Kardashian sisters are often seen as stereotype of "trashy women who only like Black men".

Old 05-24-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
Social class (basically money and education) trumps everything IMHO.

Don't underestimate the power of money as a great unifier.
Sometimes, and sometimes not. In some cases money can make strange bedfellows out of some peope. In other cases, money isn't enough. Social status sometimes trumps money. There are many who will choose race over money, especially when that option is there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies