Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2019, 01:21 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,576,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
Not much, obviously. But he allowed the self-proclaimed liberal intellectual elite to feel good about themselves.

What has the Republican controlled congress and POTUS done for the Conservative elite (as measured by wealth) ?? Well, only one of the largest business and personal tax cuts for the wealthy ever passed. I am sure the majority of the base have already spent their $400 share (if that) or that cut.

Oh yea, that will trickle down from their wine/champagne glass into the cups of America's minorities. They will all be so appreciative come 2020 they are sure to vote Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 01:26 PM

926 posts, read 416,543 times
[quote=aileesic;55265141]Business isn't about respect. It is about profit. Both liberals and conservatives need profits, whether the opportunity to play savior or the opportunity to win big cash.
[quote]

True. But there is a big difference here: Republicans are openly pro-business. We (I include myself in the GOP) want businesses - big and small - to prosper, and we believe that a strong economy ultimately benefits the bulk of society. It doesn't matter to us whether the business owner is white, hispanic, black, or purple - we want him or her to prosper.

Democrats are openly pro-people. This sounds good. But in order for people to have good lives, you need to have a good economy to support it. Plus, over the last decade or two, Democrats have been increasingly dividing people by race. Instead of focusing on real-life issues such as making abortion available for poorer women (in some states, there is only 1 abortion clinic in the entire state), they went in a frenzy about LGBT-***** and identity politics, creating further division in American society.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:26 PM

2,828 posts, read 823,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, in the case of President Trump, I am going to be uppity. I don't owe President Trump a thing. I'm not submissive. I don't get down on my knees for anyone but God. Trump isn't God, so there is no way I'll get on my knees for Trump. I don't sing praises of Trump supporters either.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ev...-accomplished/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...romise-keeping

https://canadafreepress.com/article/...plishments:ok:

Old 05-25-2019, 01:29 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Black folks can vote for who ever they want. Yes I do give Trump credit for the economy now, but economy changes overtime. Black folk in this country is last hired and first fired. As for blacks leaving the democrat party? I don't see it happening. Yes we did see a small number of black folks move to Trump and will see small numbers gravitate to Trump upon 2020, but that's mainly straight black males. Remember that 15 percent of black men voted for Trump in the last election. I can guarantee that 20% of black men will vote for Trump in 2020. Rest of the population of black folks like your black female, black academic female, church goers and black pastors, black LGBT and intersectional black crowd will all vote democrat. The only group that wont vote democrat or republican will be the Pro Blacks which I understand their position on politics. Neither the Republican or Democrat party have their best interest at hearts for black folks in America. 2020 is going to be hard for the black American. Black conservatives will vote Trump. Your intersectional, black pastor, black church goer, black male blue collar, black service worker, black academic female and etc will be exploited by the Russians who will play with your emotions on Joe Biden and his racist past by supporting Segregation in the 70s, and comments about Obama saying he spoke clean and eloquent. Will you forgive Joe Biden for the words he used, and his actions? It looks like Joe Biden VS Trump for 2020.

As for me, I can not appreciate any president. I can respect them, but I'm not going to worship any president. I have to put myself first, and that is what an individual must do. And try to be the best person you can be despite adversities one faces.
I don't give Trump any credit. No one has shown me that Trump had anything to do with any economic improvements. I'm not seeing it. The data from Bureau of Labor Statistics is enough for me.

You and me agree on one thing. Blacks are often last hired, first fired (or laid off). And this is nothing any President has been able to solve.

If Trump seemed to get a higher percentage of Black support, it's misleading. Black voter turnout dropped. Trump got a percentage of Black support no higher than other Republican Presidents often get. Truth is, it's slightly lower than what George W. Bush got. That 15 percent of Black male vote for Trump, let's cut to the chase. Alot of Black men likely stayed away from the polls because they didn't like either Clinton or Trump. I have no reason to believe that 20% of Black men will support Trump, unless the voter turnout among Black males drops even further. I don't have any faith in Trump.

As for the "pro Black segment" of Trump supporters, this is my opinion. They aren't Trump's biggest fans. They just view it from the Malcolm X perspective: "Both parties are racist, at least the Republicans are honest about it".

I understand that neither Democrats or Republicans are thinking about what's best for Black Americans. In general terms, Blacks are going to be put last like always. I do not have the Malcolm X mindset. This leaves this question: What's next for Black Americans? We have to vote for someone.

And no, I'm not supporting Joe Biden. I'm watching that Democratic Primary. I'm not going to let the things Joe Biden did slide. I am going to be on his case the way I'm on President Trump's case. FWIW, I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016.

I can only try my best. Sometimes my best doesn't keep me from experiencing any adversity.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:29 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,470 times
Yep, this thread is the best proof as why there should be nil bit of trust between blacks and whites. You have to figure that both sides are best keeping their distance for their own good, especially since having no clue as to which ones are good or bad for you on any side.

Black voters vote liberal because most do not share conservative/far-right views. But then when it comes down to it, neither do blacks fall completely in line with white democrats. So it is more of a vote against the right than a vote for the left.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:31 PM

926 posts, read 416,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
You can suspect all you want, but until you know me..... I know one thung, I have no clue as to which black people are good or bad so I stay away from as many as possible, unless I know you.
It's pretty easy to tell, though. The clothes, the demeanor, the language used are all good indicators.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:33 PM

I have something more current:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4d0f4f155aa0

https://www.epi.org/blog/before-the-...-unemployment/

https://www.latimes.com/business/hil...521-story.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/pedroda...laying-a-role/

Like I said before, I asked you to refute. I can come up with more proof that Black unemployment went up between late 2018 and now. Blacks aren't benefiting much at all under Trump.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
While that may be true, form what' i've noticed, 2nd generation blacks of West Indian and African descent tend to adopt more cultural mores of AAs than they do from their parent's countries.
This is true. 2nd generation afro latinos, afro west Indians and Africans tend to adopt African American culture as soon as they become more removed from thier parents and grand parents culture. How do I know this. I knew a guyin Brooklyn who is of Dominican descent. His parents are born Americans of Dominican descent and his grand parents are straight from the Dominican Republic. This guy also grew up amogst black Americans in Brooklyn and adopted their culture.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:38 PM

2,828 posts, read 823,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Nothing. Just another puppet for the base and advisors like all the rest.
And that is exactly why the left despises Trump he is not a puppet nor a typical politician.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
You can suspect all you want, but until you know me..... I know one thung, I have no clue as to which black people are good or bad so I stay away from as many as possible, unless I know you.
Well, you've shown me you have a disdain for Blacks by the posts you've made. I think you can tell the difference between a hood rat and a decent Black person. You just choose to be bigoted in your mentality. And because your posts come from that mentality, the only conclusion is that you are here to complain about Black people. Until you personally can show me otherwise, then that is what I see coming from you. And I have thought about this. Your username is Pgh guy. Pittsburgh. And what I'm saying, I don't think negatively of all people from the PGH region. I'm just befuddled. On city-data, I've noticed a high proportion of bigoted persons with an anti-Black mentality coming from that region. No, I don't think all Pittsburgh natives are like that. I'm kind of befuddled though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies