Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2019, 08:23 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Truth is, most Presidents don't do much for Black people. President Trump isn't any different in that regard. Many Presidents don't address police brutality, gerrymandering, or job discrimination.

What makes Trump different from other Republican Presidents of the last 45 years is the antagonistic tone we see from Trump. George W. Bush knew when to shut up. George H.W. Bush knew when to shut up. Even Reagan wasn't as crazy as Trump. Trump has been antagonistic. Comments like:

And then there is Trump who kept claiming that former President Obama wasn't a citizen, despite the fact that Obama is a natural-born citizen.

President Trump has been known to run his mouth and make antagonistic comments, and make stupid comments as well:

"Look at my African-American over there", he said, pointing to a Black person at a rally in Redding,CA.

Difference between Trump and other Presidents is that Trump will say stupid things, and the diehards of his supporter base eat it up.
I eat it up because you lefties get so worked up over it. TDS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 08:36 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
You eat it up because you crave it and they are delivering what you want.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Always remember

States rights
Nullification
Nativist
Nationalist
White Nationalists

These, and others, are code words for a caste system...or worse.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:55 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

President Trump has been known to run his mouth and make antagonistic comments, and make stupid comments as well:

"Look at my African-American over there", he said, pointing to a Black person at a rally in Redding,CA.

Difference between Trump and other Presidents is that Trump will say stupid things, and the diehards of his supporter base eat it up.
Does that make his supporters, which are at least 1/3rd of the population, stupid?

I'm torn...because even tho HE is stupid, ignorant, crass, insensitive and selfish I like to think better of my fellows.

BUT, to quote a famous white guy with disabilities "stupid is as stupid does" (Forest Gump).

I'd have more respect for his followers who are truly stupid and ignorant...then for those who know better and go along anyway. But both are dangers to our nation moving forward.

Trump said "Hey, give me a chance.....it can't get any worse"......except, of course, that "fact" is a lie also. Things have gotten MUCH better....as the real statistics on the War of Poverty (another thread) and other stats show. We have a long way to go, but to claim there hasn't been tremendous improvement is just ridiculous. I have seen it firsthand in my life...

Where I live - yep, the liberal Northeast, it's not even a slight surprise when I walk into a business and find a black CEO...or when we go to the best hospital in the country (MGH) and see their top brain surgeon is African American. Then again, most of these folks come from generations of educated individuals who lived up here....Jim Crow was not part of their lives, although some bigotry surely was (always exists).

Old 05-26-2019, 09:04 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
Probably because you live in the US. Looking at it from abroad, Trump has given back hope, enthusiasm and a positive energy.
To whom? LOL

Old 05-26-2019, 09:34 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Business isn't about respect. It is about profit. Both liberals and conservatives need profits, whether the opportunity to play savior or the opportunity to win big cash.
True. But there is a big difference here: Republicans are openly pro-business. We (I include myself in the GOP) want businesses - big and small - to prosper, and we believe that a strong economy ultimately benefits the bulk of society. It doesn't matter to us whether the business owner is white, hispanic, black, or purple - we want him or her to prosper.

Democrats are openly pro-people. This sounds good. But in order for people to have good lives, you need to have a good economy to support it. Plus, over the last decade or two, Democrats have been increasingly dividing people by race. Instead of focusing on real-life issues such as making abortion available for poorer women (in some states, there is only 1 abortion clinic in the entire state), they went in a frenzy about LGBT-***** and identity politics, creating further division in American society.
????? I think you are confused as to which political party is trying to close abortion clinics.

I also think you're confused if you truly think that abortion is less divisive than "...LGBT-***** and identity politics..."

Old 05-26-2019, 10:47 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
You eat it up because you have a disdain for Blacks. Don't b.s. me.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
"Roving white supremacists" have a tendency to show up during civil rights movements. They don't mince their words.

Our time is no different than past times:

J. B. Stoner
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._B._Stoner
He tried to run for governor of Georgia, and lost. Imagine having a monster like that in power. This is someone who was responsible for a church bombing, referred to Black people as "not human" and as "enemies". And then I think about some of the persons on CD who come to complain about Black people. I have to wonder how many of those persons would love to be in positions of power.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
You eat it up because you crave it and they are delivering what you want.
Let's call it what it is. Some people eat it up because they hate Black people. Some individuals like that Trump has made some antagonistic comments relating to Blacks. For some individuals (not all), it reflects how they feel about Black people.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:14 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
I wonder if the black community really is less socially conservative than before or just toting the party line. There used to be many black Democrats especially in the South who are openly pro-traditional marriage and pro-life and how you see black Democrats openly endorse abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies