Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2019, 04:32 PM

926 posts, read 417,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Kanye West could in no way “have any woman he wants.” Outside of the hip-hop/ entertainment type groupie women, few women would give him the time or day. If he tried to get with any professional women (especially non-black) he would be shot down 99% of the time.
Yes, I think so, too. He couldn't have gotten me, for example. And plenty of other similar women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 04:37 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I honestly care less what blacks think about anything.
Yet you are posting heavily in a thread that talks about black people....ok. Dude you are not good at hiding anything in this thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Blacks were slaves to Democrats and did what their Democrat Masters told them to do and they are still doing what their Demonacrat Masshuhs tells them to do.
Ladies and gentleman yet another exhibit proving why the vast majority of us want nothing to do with the GOP, here we go again with the slave talk and the thinking that we are not smart enough to think for ourselves. GOP is always telling us to leave the democrat plantation and all these slavery related terms, and still fall flat on their faces trying to recruit us. I will give my people credit for being smart enough to vote for and follow those that despise us as much as conservatives do!!

Old 05-26-2019, 04:39 PM

926 posts, read 417,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
????? I think you are confused as to which political party is trying to close abortion clinics.

I also think you're confused if you truly think that abortion is less divisive than "...LGBT-***** and identity politics..."
No, no, I'm not confused about it.

Abortion is an issue about which I agree with Democrats... but I see that they don't do much at all to promote access to abortion for poorer women. Dems are supposed to be pro-choice and in favor of helping the underprivileged. Yet I don't see or hear them doing much in that respect.

Regarding the divisiveness of identity politics, I think it is enormous. People disagree on abortion, yes, but look at this thread: people are literally obsessed with race.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:45 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
A small confession. When I was in college, there were times I wished I was Asian. I felt like they were looked upon more favorably, would receive less prejudice. Younger me.

All that aside, I've known about the "model minority" thing for years. At one time I was jealous of that. As I've grown to understand how race relations operates, this is what I understand. The "model minority" thing sometimes gets used as a backhanded remark. Some persons will prop up Asians, but only to bash other groups. Saying things like "why can't Blacks be more like Asians?". Hispanic persons are used for that purpose, to a lesser extent. One person on CD (a long time ago) said he would rather hire Hispanics over Blacks, citing "Blacks are too much trouble". Hispanic persons, on one hand, are hated because of the illegal immigration issue, the language issue, and many will point to crime to justify disdain for Hispanics (particular for Mexicans). On the other hand, Hispanic persons are touted highly for being hardworking and having strong families.

I've never heard the "there are too many Asians on college campuses". Then again, I live in Georgia where Asians are about 6% of the state's population. Just the same, in some areas (such as in Gwinnett County), some people move away, citing "Asians have made the schools too competitive". I think what you have described happens alot of California.
Well, it looks like you know what it's all about.

I'm in California, and there are colleges here with substantial Asian populations - like many of the UCs. UC Irvine is actually majority Asian. UCLA is jokingly called University of Caucasians Living Among Asians though it isn't majority Asian (about 40%).

Old 05-26-2019, 10:02 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,032 times
Should a black voter say "thank you master" too?

Old 05-26-2019, 10:06 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, it looks like you know what it's all about.

I'm in California, and there are colleges here with substantial Asian populations - like many of the UCs. UC Irvine is actually majority Asian. UCLA is jokingly called University of Caucasians Living Among Asians though it isn't majority Asian (about 40%).
It took me several years to figure it out. It wasn't until I was in my mid/late 20s when I finally understood it. I also started understanding how racism has a pecking order.

I never knew UC Irvine had an Asian majority. I do know that there was a video many years ago of this college girl who complained about Asians incessantly, Alexandra Wallace is her name. She was attending UCLA and basically mocked Asians.

Video of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQR01qltgo8

Old 05-26-2019, 10:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Kanye West could in no way “have any woman he wants.” Outside of the hip-hop/ entertainment type groupie women, few women would give him the time or day. If he tried to get with any professional women (especially non-black) he would be shot down 99% of the time.
Staaaaaaahp...you’re being silly.

Obviously it’s an exaggeration to say that Kanye can have ANY woman he wants, but that statement isn’t far off the mark.

Nevermind your notion about profession and race. Kanye can have a woman from any profession of any race he wants....and they’d all be 10’s if that’s what he wanted. In fact, he’d have an EASIER time picking up the non black women if anything. Race is no barrier to a multimillionaire music star. Hell, it’s not an impediment to picking up non black women for ordinary black men.

I know that hurts, but you’ll get over it.

Anyway, as you were.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
Yes, I think so, too. He couldn't have gotten me, for example. And plenty of other similar women.
SMH...now why would he pursue you when he can have Kim Kardashian? She’s worth $350 million dollars AND she’s a 10.

You folks are sounding more ridiculous with every post.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:29 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I guess it just doesn’t matter for some people that no matter how much you try help them...They just don’t care give a dam....they’re more into identity politics... it just shows sad state of affairs we’re living in these times...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-bl...ating-to-biden
Has nothing to do with identity politics, which itself is con bull****. They vote Democrat because they're smart

Old 05-26-2019, 10:35 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It took me several years to figure it out. It wasn't until I was in my mid/late 20s when I finally understood it. I also started understanding how racism has a pecking order.

I never knew UC Irvine had an Asian majority. I do know that there was a video many years ago of this college girl who complained about Asians incessantly, Alexandra Wallace is her name. She was attending UCLA and basically mocked Asians.

Video of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQR01qltgo8
Oh, that kind of nonsense isn't new. I've heard snide remarks about Asians "wrecking the curve" and populating the libraries way back when I was at Berkeley, and then Asians constituted "only" 20-25% of the student body. It's now about 40-42%. It won't go over 50% because the powers that be will get meltdowns over the flagship campus being majority Asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies