Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2019, 12:28 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
No, no, I'm not confused about it.

Abortion is an issue about which I agree with Democrats... but I see that they don't do much at all to promote access to abortion for poorer women. Dems are supposed to be pro-choice and in favor of helping the underprivileged. Yet I don't see or hear them doing much in that respect.

Regarding the divisiveness of identity politics, I think it is enormous. People disagree on abortion, yes, but look at this thread: people are literally obsessed with race.
I'd love to know what on earth you are talking about. I live in a blue state, and women don't have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get an abortion, which they can get in a doctor's office or clinic right in their own town. Also, poor women can get state assistance to pay for their abortions. This is true in other blue states as well. If you like that state of affairs, but don't have it in your state, vote for more democrats. Also, if you'd like to repel the Hyde amendment, the solution is simple - vote for more democrats in congress. And if you'd like to change the judicial system to be more friendly to abortion rights, then vote for the D when you vote for president, governor, and/or state attorney general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 05:50 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Staaaaaaahp...you’re being silly.

Obviously it’s an exaggeration to say that Kanye can have ANY woman he wants, but that statement isn’t far off the mark.

Nevermind your notion about profession and race. Kanye can have a woman from any profession of any race he wants....and they’d all be 10’s if that’s what he wanted. In fact, he’d have an EASIER time picking up the non black women if anything. Race is no barrier to a multimillionaire music star. Hell, it’s not an impediment to picking up non black women for ordinary black men.

I know that hurts, but you’ll get over it.

Anyway, as you were.
No way. That would never happen. I know it hurts, but outside of maybe black women, Kanye would have no chance with professional women of any other. And you know that. Truth does hurt!!!

Old 05-27-2019, 05:55 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
No way. That would never happen. I know it hurts, but outside of maybe black women, Kanye would have no chance with professional women of any other. And you know that. Truth does hurt!!!

Old 05-27-2019, 07:51 AM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Staaaaaaahp...you’re being silly.

Obviously it’s an exaggeration to say that Kanye can have ANY woman he wants, but that statement isn’t far off the mark.

Nevermind your notion about profession and race. Kanye can have a woman from any profession of any race he wants....and they’d all be 10’s if that’s what he wanted. In fact, he’d have an EASIER time picking up the non black women if anything. Race is no barrier to a multimillionaire music star. Hell, it’s not an impediment to picking up non black women for ordinary black men.

I know that hurts, but you’ll get over it.

Anyway, as you were.
He could not have me! I don't think he is attractive.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:59 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, why else would eat up Trump's antagonistic comments in terms of what he has said about Blacks? And you have admitted that you don't like Blacks. What else am I suppose to get out of it? Tell me something I don't know.
Here is the deal, I don't have disdain for all blacks, it is the ghetto scum thugs I can't stand, they have no respect for human life. I do not have any black friends, but do have many black acquaintances. As far as Trump goes I have not heard him say anything racist, but I do love the way he drives the left out of their minds.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I don't know you at all nor do I care to. You sound like a "roving white supremacist" troll, imho.
am not a white supremacist, but do have my beliefs.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
This is what I can say. When someone says they can't tell a good Black person from a bad Black person, and that they don't want Black people around, I have to assume that said person has a disdain for Blacks. Until I'm shown different, that will be the assumption that is made.

Personally, I don't think any of us want to know anyone who has a bigoted mentality. Unfortunately, that is the world we live in.
As long as there is freedom of association in the constitution I will make my choices wisely as to who I hang with.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Yet you are posting heavily in a thread that talks about black people....ok. Dude you are not good at hiding anything in this thread!!

Ladies and gentleman yet another exhibit proving why the vast majority of us want nothing to do with the GOP, here we go again with the slave talk and the thinking that we are not smart enough to think for ourselves. GOP is always telling us to leave the democrat plantation and all these slavery related terms, and still fall flat on their faces trying to recruit us. I will give my people credit for being smart enough to vote for and follow those that despise us as much as conservatives do!!
As I said, I honestly could care less what blacks think about anything.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:23 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
[quote=desertdetroiter;55274545

Anyway, as you were.[/QUOTE]

Many, many years ago, as a young private in the US Army, I first heard that phrase. I asked one of the drill sergents what does it mean, his reply, Get like you was, before you got like you is. I have never forgotten that.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:41 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Well, Trump managed to do one thing: Become the most prolific Twitter user in the history of Presidents. And his Twitter use shows how deep Trump's petulance is.
Using Twitter's 280 word max also shows how "deep" his thought are.

Deep as a puddle of swamp water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies