Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2019, 04:58 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
They think Americans fall for the misleading unemployment and economy statements by Trump and his administration. There is a reason he has low approval ratings with a good economy. He is a horrible representative of this country. Americans owe economic progress to President Obama and Clinton, not Bush or Trump.
I don't like Bush for a lot of the things he's done, start endless war, ruin Texas by letting the good hearts of people take responsibility for helping Katrina victims, and normalizing the police state apparatus. But the economy, his economy was successful after leaving behind the dot-com bust at the end of Clinton's presidency. The problem is things got too good and started borrowing money to invest in the hot real estate market. It's happening all over again where people are leveraging their homes thinking it won't go bust again. Americans keep overspending never contemplating the long term but how do I appear to be worth more than I am, right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 07:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why would you want to get rid of a President that is helping to create prosperity in the U.S.? What has he done (policies, laws, etc) that is wrong?
For the reasons why you voted against Obama.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:18 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why would you want to get rid of a President that is helping to create prosperity in the U.S.? What has he done (policies, laws, etc) that is wrong?
Because Trump's done nothing for me, that's why. Why should I support Trump?

Old 05-20-2019, 08:14 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
Probably because you live in the US. Looking at it from abroad, Trump has given back hope, enthusiasm and a positive energy.
Depends on which country. Folks in Canada, UK, France and Germany generally don't have a favorable impression of Trump.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Depends on which country. Folks in Canada, UK, France and Germany generally don't have a favorable impression of Trump.
No they do not. The Philippines and Russia do seem to like Trump.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Biden put hundreds of thousands of young black Americans in prison with his "three strikes your out" crime bill that he authored in the 90's. AA would be fools to support him.
And what does that have to do with whether or not I would support Trump?

And consider this. The states with some of the highest Black imprisonment rates often are ran by Republicans: Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:30 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And what does that have to do with whether or not I would support Trump?

And consider this. The states with some of the highest Black imprisonment rates often are ran by Republicans: Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana.
Good thing Trump passed criminal justice reform. Hey, that's another thing liberal black people like you won't give him credit for.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:32 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Good thing Trump passed criminal justice reform. Hey, that's another thing liberal black people like you won't give him credit for.
Why would people give Trump credit for something Democrats have been fighting for, for 10 years ?

All you did is prove the point that Republicans will support anything with an (R) next to it, but attack anything with a (D) next to it.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:34 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We don’t owe Trump a damn thing.
I don't agree with you on much, but I agree with you here.

The citizenry does not owe the government anything. We could exist just fine without the government, the government, on the other hand, could not exist without us.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:36 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why would people give Trump credit for something Democrats have been fighting for, for 10 years ?

All you did is prove the point that Republicans will support anything with an (R) next to it, but attack anything with a (D) next to it.
Hilarious. Trump shouldn't even bother trying to do things in a bipartisan fashion. Look at what he gets from partisan hacks - derision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies