Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 05:36 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
Not sure why folks have such faith in e-verify. My last job hired illegals and used e-verify. Which I have a sneaking suspicion they partnered with another similar type of business in the area doing the same, because their entire labor staff was Hispanic and they put a Hispanic woman in HR to make it all easier.

The laborers at my job were using a SS# that blazed through the e-verify system just fine. It was another person's SS# according to comments made to me by our HR (totally complicit as a favor to the owner), and e-verify didn't catch that, just verified that it was a "live" or active number and ding, bienvenido to the 4 employees that are illegal.
Those who argue for e-verify do not ignore that the government (currently Trump's) is not enforcing it. Strong enforcement is a large part of the argument.

You know this though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 05:40 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Illegal alien steals identity.

Illegal alien passes e verify with stolen identity.

Fine employer for being victim of a criminal.

Makes perfect sense.
I wish. I'd love to see this place take it in the shorts.

A tale of two brothers:

One of the illegals at my former job had been using a stolen SS# for years. His brother also uses a stolen SS#. One wants to visit mom back in Mexico and is afraid of being blocked at the border for being here 10+yrs and overstaying whatever he had (visa? green card? no idea). Becomes brave enough to take the citizenship test and bingo, now has a new SS#.

How is that registered in our HR system for employment purposes?

For 10 years he was Name Name1-Name2 now he's Name Name1 with a new SS#. Brother #2 is still using someone else's SS# and hasn't seen mom in over a decade for fear of being barred from coming back because someone may find out the SS# belongs to ? (deceased?).

Old 05-21-2019, 06:05 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
I wish. I'd love to see this place take it in the shorts.

A tale of two brothers:

One of the illegals at my former job had been using a stolen SS# for years. His brother also uses a stolen SS#. One wants to visit mom back in Mexico and is afraid of being blocked at the border for being here 10+yrs and overstaying whatever he had (visa? green card? no idea). Becomes brave enough to take the citizenship test and bingo, now has a new SS#.

How is that registered in our HR system for employment purposes?

For 10 years he was Name Name1-Name2 now he's Name Name1 with a new SS#. Brother #2 is still using someone else's SS# and hasn't seen mom in over a decade for fear of being barred from coming back because someone may find out the SS# belongs to ? (deceased?).
S.S. already knows the number belongs to someone deceased.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:07 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
S.S. already knows the number belongs to someone deceased.

I'm sure they do and don't seem to care, or I'd have seen some official letters in the mail, which I never did.

But does it bounce back on the e-verify system to the end user as taken? So that the employer knows they're complicit in a crime (that will never be pursued or punished).

Old 05-21-2019, 06:25 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Are you sure, or do you know?

Don't make up facts with your feelings and preconceived notions.
https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/trum...ional-e-verify

Old 05-21-2019, 06:31 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Don't forget when Trump let this guy off the hook.....

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...bashkin-311389

Sholom Rubashkin: Why Trump Commuted His Sentence | Fortune

"Meanwhile critics have pointed to allegations from hundreds of undocumented immigrants that Rubashkin fostered a hostile workplace that included 12-hour shifts without overtime pay, exposure to dangerous chemicals, and sexual harassment. (A jury acquitted Rubashkin in state court of 67 misdemeanor child labor law violations in 2010.) Former workers could not testify about the alleged exploitation as Rubashkin was not tried in federal court on immigration charges."
Rubashkin still served 8 years in prison! So no, he wasn't let off the hook. It's not unusual for any convicted criminal to get a commuted sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies