Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 07:17 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which has nothing to do with Trump speaking out of both sides of his mouth.
Yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 08:30 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
Then prove it and fire Bolton!
NO KIDDING!

All you need to know about Trump's attitude towards war is that he hired John Bolton and has never once said called him a disparaging name in public.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:50 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So why has he been pushing to boost funding so much to this "military-industrial complex" that he supposedly opposes? Riddle me that, Batman. I wonder if some of you are capable of critical thinking.
Yes critical thinking is waning here! Especially by YOU!
Having a powerful military and using it for nation building are not synonymous.

A powerful military can be used to thwart would be tin pots from doing anything in the first place that requires a response or involvement.

If needed, a powerful military can strike quickly and get out. No need for prolonged police actions.

Like Reagan did with Libya...swift quick response over in minutes...end of problem...not the progressive globalist world police that the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama's favored.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:38 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Yes critical thinking is waning here! Especially by YOU!
Having a powerful military and using it for nation building are not synonymous.

A powerful military can be used to thwart would be tin pots from doing anything in the first place that requires a response or involvement.

If needed, a powerful military can strike quickly and get out. No need for prolonged police actions.

Like Reagan did with Libya...swift quick response over in minutes...end of problem...not the progressive globalist world police that the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama's favored.
Here's a critical thinking exercise for you:

Can you take a position of meaningful opposition to the "military-industrial complex" while rubber stamping hundreds of billions of dollars more in annual budget funding?

(hint for you:NO)

Old 05-21-2019, 10:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Oh, because of something Trump SPEWS, that means something?

Most of us have figured out long ago that he spews every side of every issue.

Better, Cheaper Health Care for ALL. Mexico Pays for Wall. The Budget will be Balanced.

In fact, that last one is a good example.

Trump believes in a balanced budget. He believes in making money. Yet, he has never been able to do either (terrible ROI on his own money or anyone else's).

Sorry....

Old 05-21-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Here's a critical thinking exercise for you:

Can you take a position of meaningful opposition to the "military-industrial complex" while rubber stamping hundreds of billions of dollars more in annual budget funding?

(hint for you:NO)
Hint for you..YES!

Building the military and USING the military are two different things and TWO different budgets...Unless you're a Progressive then you illegally mix the two.

Just because I have a security system and guns, doesn't mean I'm at war with my neighbors.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Hint for you..YES!

Building the military and USING the military are two different things and TWO different budgets...Unless you're a Progressive then you illegally mix the two.

Just because I have a security system and guns, doesn't mean I'm at war with my neighbors.
If you tell them regularly that they are going to cease to exist due to their dog barking.....then I'd say you are violent.......

As the Orange one does to Iran, NK and everyone else.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If you tell them regularly that they are going to cease to exist due to their dog barking.....then I'd say you are violent.......

As the Orange one does to Iran, NK and everyone else.
No different than Dad saying he's going to pull the car over!

I suppose you like appeasing the tin pots until they get bold enoughh to do something...THEN we'll ship them a plane load of money and beg them to be nice to us?

Hey, Wait...threatening NK? I thought you guys said Trump LOVES the little rocket man? Which is it?

Old 05-21-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
No different than Dad saying he's going to pull the car over!
No...this is like Dad saying he is going to RUN YOU OVER with the Car.

My Dad never did anything like that.

Trump and Pompeo are Warmongers. If someone has someone who knows someone who supports Militias in Iraq (wait, isn't Iraq free?), then Pompeo (at Trumps orders) thinks that means War. Full Stop. Period (that's what Pompeo says).

Old 05-21-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
No...this is like Dad saying he is going to RUN YOU OVER with the Car.

Quote:
My Dad never did anything like that.
The lack of parental guidance and discipline show in your posts.

Quote:
Trump and Pompeo are Warmongers.
Interesting...how many wars have they started? How many did Obama and Clinton get entangled with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies