Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 03:56 AM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times

Advertisements

Well he is smart, he was a brain surgeon.. That is his specialty. But it may have been a bad idea to put him in housing which is a different field.

I have not heard of those acronyms either.

I wonder if he is uncomfortable in his job, as his speciality is medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 04:33 AM

1,199 posts, read 638,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
You guys that are criticizing him are just racist! The left just hates him because he's black!
If it makes you feel better, Betsy DeVos is still the gold standard for unqualified patronage hires. She makes Carson look like a brain surgeon. And she’s as white as they come.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:36 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
From now on I'm speaking with Ben Carson's voice.
It really is the definition of cool.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:54 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVWy3q2kmNM

This man doesn't know anything about Real Estate so it is beyond pathetic that he is head of one of the largest Cabinet agencies in the country.
If he worked anywhere else he would of been fired for not knowing his job.
"This man doesn't know anything about Real Estate" and you don't know anything about HUD.

A man who grew up in public housings DOES know a LOT about PUBLIC housing which is what HUD is involved in NOT "real estate"!

We know who the REAL UN-educated are!

Old 05-22-2019, 05:00 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
You have to remember one thing. Pubs and Trumpists want incompetents in government office. Then when government officials like Carson make fools of themselves it reaffirms their notions of government as inept. As a matter of fact it seems to be the reason that two of the most recent insipid and unfit presidents have been pubs.

Vote in 2020 for competency. Enough of Pub idiocy.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:15 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The idiot savant Carson has displayed his ignorance multiple times before Congress.
Every time you call him and idiot savant you are displaying ignorance.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:00 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Congratulations, now shell out for a Mar-A-Lago membership and you're overqualified to head up the Department of Housing and Urban Development under this administration. Incidentally, the term is used all over the HUD website, so it's not as if it's particularly esoteric.

That he is - or at least, was. Problem is, he's no longer employed in that capacity. It appears that he's destined to leave a lasting legacy - that of erasing the use of "brain surgeon" as synonym for "smart person".
I bet the CEO of General Motors doesn't know how to change the oil in his own car either.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
I never heard of an REO. Sorry, OP, it's a new down-market term. If you say, "Oreo", that's what people are going to hear.

I think I know what you're getting at. I will pass on it as well since it is true that Carson actually is a brain surgeon, and a damn good one, and I am not going to imply that this highly accomplished black man is white "on the inside".

LOL! The cabinet secretary who head up HUD should most certainly be aware of an REO.

I never actually knew that brain surgeons could be dumb until Ben Carson came along. He should have stuck with what he's good at because he doesn't know JACK about his current government position.

Seems to be a requirement for working in the incompetent Trump Administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No one said "Oreo" and one would be correct to assume that the Housing and Urban Development Secretary of HUD would be familiar with the term REO. You don't hold that position...Carson does.

As I stated in an earlier post...Carson is an idiot savant and therefore should stay within his own expertise as he clearly sucks at this job and is just raking in the extra salary.
And he is raking it in. What with all the new furniture, etc. Just another Trump grifter who hasn't a clue about what he is actually supposed to be doing.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:17 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
From now on I'm speaking with Ben Carson's voice.
It really is the definition of cool.
If coming across as a slow-witted moron is now cool, I finally realize why so many in this nation voted for and support Trump.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:21 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If coming across as a slow-witted moron is now cool, I now understand why so many in this nation voted for and support Trump.

Lying is the new truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies