Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which News Outlet Do You Trust the Most?
FOX 69 44.23%
CNN 13 8.33%
NYT 22 14.10%
CBS 9 5.77%
Washington Post 21 13.46%
Other (please post below which source you recommend) 55 35.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 05:54 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t go by network or news source. I go by whether or not the story sounds credible.
"I go by whether or not the story sounds credible."

So you are easily fooled by good liars!

You properly believe ever actor there is is NOT reading lines written by others because they "sound credible"!

Old 05-22-2019, 05:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Npr

Old 05-22-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I trust CNN and the Washington Post among the mainstream options you listed, probably CBS as well.

But I mainly watch The Young Turks, Secular Talk, Majority Report and Chapo Trap House
"CNN Drops 26% In Prime Time As Fox News Dominates April Cable Ratings. ... Among viewers 25-54, the demographic most coveted by national advertisers, the falloff for CNN was even more stark: down 41 percent. CNN drew 198,000 viewers in the demo, behind MSNBC (255,000) and Fox News (389,000).Apr 30, 2019CNN Drops 26% In Prime Time As Fox News Dominates April Cable ...

April ranks as CNN's lowest-rated month among total viewers in nearly four years, since October 2015. CNN's Cuomo Primetime, which has been the network's highest-rated hour, drew a total audience of 917,000 viewers in April, the show's worst-ever performance..

https://www.forbes.com/.../cnn-drops-26-percent-in-prime-time-as-fox-news-dominates-...

You might not be able to watch CNN if it continues on its current trend of losing viewers.

"Washington Post" Even after knowing the hatred the owner of the Post has towards Trump? And all the retractions it has made ONLY after getting caught telling their lies.

I have a seldom used bridge for sale, interested?

Old 05-22-2019, 06:03 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Watch the news in foreign countries, and you see how well rounded their reporting is between local, national and international news.
I don't know which foreign countries you're talking about. But I was in India recently and the news networks there are so full of propaganda that they make the U.S. networks seem tame by comparison - if that can be believed.

A friend of mine there told me that not only has he stopped watching the news, but he also tells anyone he visits to turn off the news before he enters their house. It is just that poisonous and divisive.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
reuters.com is pretty good. I don't like tv news; I like to read the news so I can take my time and stop and think about what I am reading.
"reuters.com is pretty good."

You should read up on the scam they pulled from using a fake Iraq officer as its "source", to doctoring pictures during th Iraq war. You might change your mind.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
I’m fine with people wanting boutique news. But I wish they’d stop doing it and STILL claiming that they want unbiased news. They don’t.

No one is making fun. And no one said that news aggregators don’t exist on the left.

People that seek out that kind of stuff want biased news, and they shouldn’t pretend that they want anything else.

It’s not that deep. Seriously.

The overwhelming majority of news outlets do a great job of reporting. They just aren’t slanting it the way you want to hear it.

That’s not even close to being true.

The only real problem with our domestic news outlets is the dumbing down of the news so as to make it less abstruse for American audiences. Watch the news in foreign countries, and you see how well rounded their reporting is between local, national and international news. And they tie in world events with their own domestic sensibilities so that folks understand what affect it has on their citizenry.

Americans are far too provincial and intellectually lazy to be bothered with that. That’s why I miss Al Jazeera America so much. That’s how news should be done.

Of course, I heard the typical American hayseed claiming that’s Al Jazeera was no good because “they were for The terrorists.”

Reuter’s is REALLY good at what they do. I like the speed at which they pick up on the details of a story.

"The overwhelming majority of news outlets do a great job of reporting. They just aren’t slanting it the way you want to hear it. "

What a contradiction! You say they do a great job EVEN THOUGH they are slanted!

Old 05-22-2019, 06:15 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
If anything comes from this administration, it's how dangerously powerful the news outlets are and have been over the years. I'm grateful the fake news has finally been called out, but it's also sad.

I've always believed the first steps of a dictatorship was to hamper the free-flow to factual information. We are there with few exceptions. I'm constantly surprised at the headlines and what passes as news from some of the most powerful and influential narratives. It's so obvious, at least to me.

Which ones do you trust the most? Please write in a source if yours isn't listed.

thanks!
What do you mean "finally called out"?

Partisans have been calling their rival leaning news sources fake news for over 15 years at this point or don't you remember them saying "Faux News"? (Still saying it too) I remember Obama, Clinton, pretty much every top dem has taken shots at Faux News.

Made it all the funnier that when Trump stole the label and turned it around at left leaning media that peoples heads exploded and hypocrites said it was tearing at our countries free press and blah blah blah dictators blah blah blah.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The overwhelming majority of news outlets do a great job of reporting. They just aren’t slanting it the way you want to hear it. "

What a contradiction! You say they do a great job EVEN THOUGH they are slanted!
Seriously, you’re enfeebling what little patience I have left. Spare me.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:19 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't know which foreign countries you're talking about. But I was in India recently and the news networks there are so full of propaganda that they make the U.S. networks seem tame by comparison - if that can be believed.

A friend of mine there told me that not only has he stopped watching the news, but he also tells anyone he visits to turn off the news before he enters their house. It is just that poisonous and divisive.
The media - regardless of whether it's slanted liberal, conservative, or anything in between, really just wants to gain money, power, and influence for itself. They love stirring up division in order to keep the populace distracted from their main goals.

On the plus side, they're kind of necessary to keep the populace informed.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I put no trust in a judge that stays in the shallow end of the pool and wants to influence opinion on media !!!
You are probably right though. Its not that deep where you are standing !!!
Yeah, because you’re brilliant. You’re standing in the Mariana Trench of intellectual journalism.

Beam me up Scotty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies