Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 01:13 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You know what I meant. American companies raise their prices to match the Chinese prices. So it's the same as the money going directly into their pockets. It's a handout and a crutch.
Well, that sucks. But it's hard to feel sorry for you when you're defending Trump's abysmal environmental record which will create more polluted lakes.

BTW, you've got some of the best coastal fishing in the country in your state. Why are you fishing in polluted lakes? May as well get the good ocean fish while you can before the oil rigs start showing up. I do a fair bit of off-shore fishing myself.

Here's info on Trump's repeal of the clean streams act. https://www.vox.com/2017/2/2/1448844...rotection-rule

I do appreciate that you took the time to read and respond to the the NatGeo article about Trump's anti-environmental policies. I got half-way through addressing your point by point rebuttal and gave up. You are a climate change denier, a Trump apologist and beyond hope. That doesn't mean I hate you. But it does seem awfully hypocritical to be an outdoorsman and back a president who is selling out the health of our beautiful land for the temporary profits of a few. Sadly I know a number of fishermen who are Trump fans. I just avoid talking politics with them and stick to fishing. I'd do the same for you.
It is bizarre and quite frankly outright stupid to support the destruction of an environment and ecosystems that sustain life and health for everyone. Maybe the Evangelicals welcome this type of destruction as it heralds the end times or some such BS. IMO...when a monster such as Trump and the GOP as a rule, kicks the stewardship of the planet to the curb for the sake of big money corporate interests, I don't know how any thinking human can continue to support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 01:23 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It is bizarre and quite frankly outright stupid to support the destruction of an environment and ecosystems that sustain life and health for everyone. Maybe the Evangelicals welcome this type of destruction as it heralds the end times or some such BS. IMO...when a monster such as Trump and the GOP as a rule, kicks the stewardship of the planet to the curb for the sake of big money corporate interests, I don't know how any thinking human can continue to support them.
I guess it's party over country, or even over planet. It's unbelievable how much damage this clown is doing to our country in such a short amount of time.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:32 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
I guess it's party over country, or even over planet. It's unbelievable how much damage this clown is doing to our country in such a short amount of time.
Which is all the proof we need to see that the system is severely broken. Someone was saying that that during the time of Nixon's impeachment, many of his party quickly distanced themselves from him once his crimes became undeniable so as not to damage their own reputations and futures. But now these GOP traitors can look forward to lobbying jobs and offers of becoming contributors on propaganda platforms such as Fox. Their incentives to be decent and patriotic are all but gone. These pieces of garbage get rewarded for being greedy filth. That is what we wind up with when money rules politics.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:15 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
I don't want to answer for TexasLawyer (since I'm not a lawyer), but the obvious part to me is that there's no search or seizure of private belongings here.
Nice try but not correct

Quote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated…”
Tax records are papers with private info, part of the right to be secure - looks like should be covered under forth amendment and states do have to follow the constitution also. That is why they are stating it as for "....specific and legitimate legislative purpose", because they can't release it directly but can provide some cover by giving it a different purpose for releasing. It is likely to be struck down as an end around.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:15 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
By all accounts the illegals who have made it across the border contribute more than they take anyway.
Please provide details - almost every report I have seen has shown the opposite.

The estimated cost of education for children, emergency room and medical care, services such as food stamps, and incarceration costs being higher than the tax revenue collected. It is not likely any different than lower income US citizens which tend to also consume more benefits than they pay in taxes.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:40 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Default NY Democrats Are Never About People

So many sick, twisted people in this world with too much time on their hands instead of doing the work of the people. It appalls me how much the left is full of supposed adults who continue to be crybabies and act like spoiled little kids over a single election result which they did not like. Pathetic.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:44 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Keep chasing your tails, you communist dogs. You'll catch it some day!

Old 05-23-2019, 03:56 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
So they cannot get it by playing by the law and the rules, so they make up a new law so that they can get it any way, hook line or sinker.

Just like now they have wanted to eliminate the Electoral College determining the president, rather than obey the Constitution. They lost so now they want to change the rules after the loss.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:02 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Now we will finally get some forced transparency from the most deceitful grifter racketeer.
Why don't we publish everyone's tax returns?

Let's publish all medical records and school records of everyone.

Shouldn't I know if my neighbor has a contagious disease?

Full transparency of everyone.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:18 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Dems fishing.

Ex post facto is an important concept to avoid. Trump is not required to release anything.

Have the Dems not learned anything that the GOP will get them back on some day? When this tactic is played on some Dem, the noise will be deafening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies