Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 08:11 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Actually, the majority of America believes third term abortion should not be legal.

So you prefer that women be legally required to carry non-viable fetuses to term and deliver them?

Old 05-23-2019, 08:11 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
OP, as you can see, the distorted propaganda works.

So false, but they only listen to their talking points fed to them by their controllers.
Sure, false just like "it isn't really a human baby" false, right?

Old 05-23-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Wow, that is about the worst argument I have ever heard. The vast majority of miscarriages are caused by genetic abnormalities. To even compare these is ridiculous.

You believe it's not a real baby because it had genetic abnormalities?

Old 05-23-2019, 08:17 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Actually, the majority of America believes third term abortion should not be legal.
And no state is trying to make elective third trimester abortion legal.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Were death certificates issued for them?
Ah so you are back to the 'Legal' argument.I thought you said that legal didn't matter because abortions are good whether legal or illegal? So why would you need a legal death certificate to prove anything since legality isn't an issue for your own argument?

Old 05-23-2019, 08:23 AM

It's just amusing that there's so much pearl-clutching around "innocent babies" but when it's a first trimester miscarriage in the toilet, it's pretty much just a clump of cells. No one is advocating fishing it out and giving it a proper burial. Precious babies, indeed!

Old 05-23-2019, 08:27 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,864,826 times
I’m a republican and think they need to let the abortion thing go.

Abandoning this platform would bring many over to our side, making us more effective in fighting the leftist agenda. This is far more important to me than “saving” a theoretical person.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:30 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I’m a republican and think they need to let the abortion thing go.

Abandoning this platform would bring many over to our side, making us more effective in fighting the leftist agenda. This is far more important to me than “saving” a theoretical person.
I don't think they should "give it up", but I think there's a reasonable position between "no abortion at all, for any reason!" and "abortion on demand, right up to birth!" that most Repubs and Dems could agree upon.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:37 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It won't be the first time that Republicans try to seize the initiative by misleading the public, so it's good to be aware of it.

Republicans’ Messaging on Abortion Puts Democrats on the Defensive
By Jeremy W. Peters

With grisly claims that Democrats promote “birth day abortions” and are “the party of death,” the Republican Party and its conservative allies have aggressively reset the terms of one of the country’s most divisive and emotionally fraught debates, forcing Democrats to reassess how they should respond to attacks and distortions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/16/u...democrats.html

Republicans

https://www.enmnews.com/2019/05/16/r...the-defensive/
As a female republican I note, I argue and try, try, try to get it through the heads of women, especially other republicans the lies and distorted facts and misinformation flying around over recent abortion bills.
Sadly, often to no avail. It is really disturbing to me that some of the educated women I know fail to comprehend the actual bill or dont even bother to read them but swallow hook line and sinker the media and political lies.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:40 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Feminists could really use some allies right now, huh?

Now I have no problem with abortion as far as that goes... it's none of my business.

But ya'll have made it clear that as an Evil White Male, I should be legally discriminated against in the workplace. Ya'll have made it clear that I don't deserve even a basic presumption of innocence if I'm accused of a crime... no matter how unprovable the charges. Ya'll have made it clear that any success I have in life is due to my Evil White Male Privilege... and this often coming from upper middle class women who have lived far more privileged lives than I have.

So tell me... exactly why should I care about your problems?
I dont know who your referring to.
I consider myself a feminist and I am pro choice and pro man.
You should care about keeping abortion a legal option because accepted it or not these issues affect both woman and men. We are not enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies